Saga How Often Do You Watch SW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Doom Trooper, May 17, 2014.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. Doom Trooper Jedi Master

star 1
    What's your frequency as to how often you watch the films? I always like to watch the OT together as they feel incomplete when not viewed together, so when I do I always get up as early as possible and set the day aside to view them all in one sitting. I always try to view them at least maybe 4 or 5 times every year or more if I can manage. I definitely try to watch them at least every May and a few additional times during the Spring/Summer seasons, and will usually watch them at least once during Winter as well.
  2. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    I watched them all when the Blu-ray set was released, and since then I've watched AOTC one more time. So not too often. At this point I think I'm more into talking about Star Wars than partaking in the materiel itself, which is kind of weird. I feel like it should probably be the opposite given that at times I can find Star Wars fans to be a bit, er, I'll simply say "exhausting." :p
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Every few months I'll pick an OT film to watch.

Last time I watched TPM and AOTC were when the Blu-Rays were released, and I've only seen ROTS all the way through once.
  4. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    When I owned the films and was a pretty passionate fan I would watch them regularly. However, I haven't owned them in years and the last time I saw one was when an edited version of 'ANH' aired a few months back. I so want the '76 original.
  5. Han Burgundy Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    When I was a kid, I would watch the entire OT in a day whenever I stayed home sick from school, and AOTC/ROTS, when they came out on DVD, were regular plays in my household (I was the weird kid that liked all special features and commentary). For whatever reason, we never owned TPM. Not sure why.

Currently, somewhere around once a year I watch them all. But I watch bits and pieces of the films online all the time, especially when I need to jog my memory for forum discussion purposes.
    Last edited by Han Burgundy, May 17, 2014
    Ananta Chetan and TX-20 like this.
  6. Gamma626 Jedi Master

star 2
    It depends. I hadn't seen the films since around 2007, but at the start of may, I've seen one of them every day this month.
  7. Darth_Articulate Force Ghost

star 4
    every day forever. I haven't seen the sun since 1983
    Last edited by Darth_Articulate, May 17, 2014
  8. yodafan1031 Jedi Master

star 1
    Not as often as I'd like. But a couple of times a year at minimum.
  9. sharkymcshark Jedi Master

star 2
    The OT films I'll crank out every couple of months.

Prequels once a year maybe?
  10. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    It used to be about twice a year all up, but sadly, it's now maybe once every couple of years, and not all six, just whichever film I feel like watching (and these days I'm more likely to watch the deleted scenes instead).

Simple fact of the matter is that I know them off by heart. I've well and truly lost count of how many times I've watched each film - probably 50-60 times for the OT, 20-30 for the PT. Ironically, a proper release of the OOT would provide a 'newer' viewing experience, I haven't dragged out the VHS tapes in ages, and besides, I haven't seen the OOT in decent quality since 1983.

Hopefully the 1976 rough assembly cut of The Star Wars (usually referred to as 'The Lost Cut') will see the light of day sometime, that holds more appeal for me than watching any of the cuts of Eps I-VI yet again - or even Eps VII-IX, believe it or not.
    Last edited by Darth_Nub, May 18, 2014
  11. thejeditraitor Force Ghost

star 4
    i've been thinking about this a lot lately. i recently got back in my sw groove by watching the complete clone wars series on netflix (which i highly recommend). i've also been replaying my old sw games, following ep 7 news, watching "behind the scenes" material and posting on here. another great thing i've been doing is listening to the complete soundtracks on youtube while i'm online.

i haven't watched the films recently because i don't want to over saturate myself. i plan to watch them in order sometime soon though.
    Last edited by thejeditraitor, May 18, 2014
  12. bstnsx704 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Approximately every six months or so I'll watch the six films. Used to be less frequent, but I've been doing this since the TPM 3D theatrical rerelease.
  13. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I average about twice a year. I've just seen them so many times when I was younger so I can't watch them as often as I used to. Kind of like @Darth_Nub
    Last edited by Darkslayer, May 19, 2014
  14. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
  15. Chuckskyline Jedi Master

star 1
    I try to watch all 6 once a year.
  16. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

I guess miracles do come true :p

But I don't watch them very often, only watched the Blu Ray set once
  17. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Once a year, every May 4th

Too much of a good thing will ruin it

With the notable exceptions of when I want to introduce friends/family to SW, as I did with my dad a while ago
    Last edited by Seagoat, May 20, 2014
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    About as often as they are marathoned on Spike.
  19. Darth Darkstarr Jedi Padawan

Typically, once a year. It's sort of my New Year's tradition now. :D
  20. WriterMan Jedi Master

star 1
    I probably watch Episodes IV, and VI about 5 times a year. I rarely watch the others, but for varying reasons. I think that Empire is probably the holy treasure of the series, so I don't want to overexpose myself to it. Revenge of the Sith is somewhat a similar story. They're both movies that are amazing, but are kind of hard to watch at times. The endings rip my heart out. I like to watch Return of the Jedi and A New Hope often because their endings are happy and overall have a very positive tone. That makes them more re-watchable, for me. Also, I don't feel guilty about making A New Hope white noise in the background. But if I'm not giving Empire my full attention, I almost feel like I'm robbing Irvin Kirschner. I don't know, my psychology is all out of whack. :(
  21. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I watch the films several times a year.
  22. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Once a year for all of the six films. I don't want to get tired of the saga.
    Last edited by DRush76, May 23, 2014
    Visivious Drakarn and FRAGWAGON like this.
  23. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Ill watch 1 of the main 6 films maybe once a month. Mainly on weekends.
  24. Orman Tagge Jedi Master

star 2
    A lot of the DVD releases have the theatrical original on the second disk.
  25. Cyreides Jedi Master

star 1
    Until a month ago I hadn't watched any of them in several years. Was thinking about watching TPM again yesterday but my video player is acting stupid so I never got to.
    Gamma626 likes this.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn