main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How often do you watch The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    For me, the answer to this question has changed a lot since I started watching the show, so I'm curious what other people say.

When I first started the show was already halfway into the third season, so I watched the first two and a half seasons in a few days. I really ate it up and honestly didn't see a lot of the flaws that were there just because I saw so much good and watched so much in such a small amount of time. I watched a lot of the show all the time for awhile, then simmered down to varying between a couple times a week and a few a day. Since the show ended though, not from any conscious decision but that's just how it happened, I've barely watched it at all compared to how much I used to. I think it's going to settle into a thing like the movies where I try to watch them really sparingly so when I do watch it it doesn't lose the impact. So that's where I'm at with it now.

So how often do you watch The Clone Wars?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Not very much, last time i watched was in March for the Season Finale, probably won't watch them again

Will watch the Bonus Content when it's released though

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah I'm probably gonna go on a craze and rewatch everything when the bonus stuff comes out.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm a fan of watching stuff the way some people listen to music. My work situation allows me to do that, but even other times when I'm working on projects at home... however, TCW's strength lies in its visuals, and it's a bit noisy for background viewing, so I don't watch it nearly as much as I'd like to. Looking forward to introducing the forthcoming firstborn to it in a couple years... it'll be a good opportunity to actually watch and take everything in.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I haven't really watched any since around April.

Planning to do a chronological series rewatch as soon as I get Season 5 on Blu-Ray though.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm consistent in my watching of TCW.

I usually end up watching random episodes each month, that will probably die down over time though. They look too good on blu-ray to let them collect dust though, there blu-rays I own that I consistently will watch when I have free time and TCW will always be that.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I used to watch TCW all the time, actually quite alot with a certain person in this thread (LOL). I've lost track of how many times I've seen the "The Deserter". There aren't many other current shows I see as much rerun value in, certainly no other current western animated series. I just see alot of different thing and I've found as the series as progressed old episodes take new meaning. I look forward to rewatching in order on Toonami since that's something I've wanted to happen for a while. I plan on recording and rewatching it on there just for fun.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I probably watch it quite frequently, just random episodes. I too plan on doing a chronological viewing once Season 5 is released. And will do so again when Bonus Content is released.

WatTamborWoo and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I was watching the series in chronological order and stopped at "Assassin" to take a break. Now that bonus content info is increasing, and season 5 has a release date, I'm probably going to start up again so I'm caught up for season 5.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Of course that's assuming they'll air it in order ;) Also not sure if they'll do chronological or original broadcast order. All bets are off with them deciding to pick and choose which episodes to play.

After getting Jason Fry's Episode Guide we decided to watch in chronological order using the Blu-rays. It was definitely pretty cool and I noticed certain episodes having more impact, especially the Ahsoka storyline, the Clones, and watching Ventress evolve. The Ziro arc works a lot better in order, and S3 is much smoother without all the prequel episodes that are out of order. We stopped just after the Padawan Lost duology, which were BTW maybe my favorite episodes of the series. We will start up again soon with S4 getting ready for S5 to be released in a couple months.

Poor Greedo and 07jonesj like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly I'm fine with it if TCW is rerun in airing order on Toonami. I'm glad to see TCW helping build a better cartoon show and getting some more exposure. I think the skipped episodes thing is overblown. TCW has aired on Adult Swim before and I remember seeing glimpses of many familar TCW episodes from S1 and S2. I think its more likely episodes are being removed so TCW can be aired in a rush. Toonami has actually been pretty fan oriented, see the twitter campaign to get Sara back. Its gonna be fun.

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I've rewatched the three Maul/Savage/Ventress arcs so many times that I'm almost sick of them. Beyond that, I don't watch the show regularly, but I am slowly working my way through my seasons 3 and 4 box sets.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I started rewatching the beginning of season 5 recently; it had probably been a couple of months since I watched any TCW at all. I have no intention of watching the droid arc or the fugitive arc again and the Mauldelore arc is still too fresh in my memory so I'll be taking a break again after the younglings arc, not sure when I'll watch any after that.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't watch it anymore, mostly because I don't have time and because I re-watched the whole series at the start of the year. I'll re-watch season five again when I get it on DVD.

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I watched A Friend in Need today. At the moment I'm having 'cravings' to watch TCW. I'm trying to hold off until S5 arrives on blu-ray. Occasionally i have a few weeks where all I want to do is watch this show. It appears I'm going through that again at the moment...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Watch TCW, it is ur DESTINY :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I've watched every episode twice - once during its initial run and again on StarWars.com. Some, like Mortis I watched multiple times on Starwars.com during the week that they were posted. Most episodes I've only seen twice though. I don't own nor plan to own any of the box sets (No matter how much I like a TV show, I always end up regretting buying seasons of TV shows on disc - unlike a movie which I can watch in the span of a couple hours and watch again and again, I generally don't feel inclined to watch whole seasons of shows over).

18. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Well. I've seen every episode that has been released. At first, I wasn't into the show and ignored it. But in my Freshman year of college I found a site that had them all online and watched them. (It was probably beginning of season 4)

Ever since the S5 finale I haven't seen anything. Haven't even bothered seeing footage from the unreleased stuff.

19. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I really sunk my teeth in during season 3. Good stuff, less camp IMO

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So I managed to start 6 months ago...I watched all the TCW leading up to Season 6, which was released on Netflix BEFORE I could catch up to Season 6. I was still on Season 5, but I did not give in and waited till I finished 5. That led into ROTS, then bonus DVD/Blue Ray version bonus, then on to ANH movie, then ANH bonus disc, then ESB, then ESB bonus disc, then ROTJ, then bonus disc, then by May the 4th I was starting with TPM. In June it was AOTC leading back into TCW and ROTS. It worked out extremely well as I was always in that current timeline (even staying true in Video game format). This way, each movie & their bonus discs, gets equal attention. Now.....on to Rebels!

TX-20 likes this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Cool whostheBossk. I've actually been watching TCW a lot more lately than I was when I made this thread. I don't think TCW is going to be like the films for me as I thought when I made this, watching very sparingly so rewatches don't get stale, it seems more like how I am with other cartoons like Thundarr the Barbarian and Conan the Adventurer sometimes I can go awhile without feeling like watching it, but then there are still times when I can't resist watching marathons of a bunch of episodes. Watching Voices and Destiny randomly just the two of them has been my thing lately. I've also watched most of the Onderon arc and most Savage Opress episodes in the last week.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    When I'm home alone and feel like watching vids, I usually oscillate between TCW, Spartacus, GitS:SAC and Seventies SF movies like Logan's Run or Westworld. When sonny is in his Star Wars cycle, we watch TCW together on a daily base, but he recently developed a crush on the Transformers franchise, so we're mostly watching those nowadays (mainly the first animated series and the new flicks). The good thing is - this also gives me the chance to re-watch my beloved Lego Bionicle and Hero Factory vids because of the similar topics :cool: ...

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Sgt Crowfield I just saw Logan's Run for the first time within the last year and got a real kick out of it. Any recommendations? :D

24. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, Westworld of course, Futureworld and the five episodes of 'Beyond Westworld' are among my favorites when it comes to 70s SF (okay, Beyond Westworld was from 1980, but still).Then I really like Soylent Green, Silent Running, Body Snatchers, Zardoz, Phase IV and ... gulp ... Zero Population Growth. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the latter on any medium after its last run on TV which must hve been in the early 80s. Oh yes, and Les Robots Pensants, a French TV film that I saw as a kid in 78 I think. It came out on DVD a few years ago, had been lost in the years between its last airing and that day.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Sgt Crowfield thanks for all the tips!! Falling in love with Zardoz a few years ago is actually what motivated me to check out Logan's Run.