main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How often do you watch The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Aug 1, 2013.

1. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't watched any episodes since the Bonus Content but I'm about to watch Bounty again, and probably the Nightsisters arc and Cloak of Darkness too.

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    It seems like I return to old favorites now and then, especially when nothings on TV and I need some background noise whilst working (read playing) on my computer. Sometimes it'll be the younglings arc or the geonosis arc, both of which are arguably my top two arcs for the series. Watched the ventress/maul arc at the end of season 4 just last night actually.

So it's something I still come back to now and then.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah I can't say I give Bombad Jedi and Evil Plans too many run-throughs, but I do my occasional completist full series rewatch.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My son is playing Lego Star Wars III on the Xbox as I type this. I'm going to play with him at some point but I'm one who has to play all the way through one game before starting another one, and I'm still on the final Hogwarts battle in Lego Harry Potter.

Anyway, he's on the Downfall of a Droid level and I have a feeling playing this is going to put me in the mood for a run through, at least of the first two seasons.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Season 3 onwards I enjoy returning to every so often, its also the season that got me back into CW as I found the first two seasons are mediocre and more childish-dull for my taste. Dooku, Grievous and Ventress didnt really hold my interest either. However I liked the "Star Wars: Republic" vibe from the series, I think you could always tell there was some of that comic in the writers minds along with Starship Troopers(Including Verhoevens awful but good movie).

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I hadn't watched TCW in months after finishing rewatching season 5 on disc last year), but I have started rewatching the first season this month and watches one or more episode from time to time.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Lando Griffin

Lando Griffin Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2014
    I watched the clone wars when it was first realesed crazy good show

Pax Sithus likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I just finished a watch through of all six seasons. It was glorious.

10. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    Lando Griffin Me too from the beginning but I have yet to watch the final couple of seasons. Must get on that. Love that show.
    TheAvengerButton Yes! Glorious indeed.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  12. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Does anyone else find Clone Wars Season 1-2 more immediately rewatchable? I think the arcs in Season 3-6 are all of a greater quality, but for simple comfort viewing there's no beating the adventurous feel of the early episodes for me :)

13. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I go through all 6 movies plus the Clone Wars every year with TCW seasons 1-6 after AOTC and ROTS of course.

14. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I watch a few episodes a month

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm re-watching the series right now and showing my grandma and dad it for the first time.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I watch an episode now and then, but for nextyear's realease of episode VII i plan to watch them all with the movies. In chronological order :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I just started watching Clone Wars on Netflix when Rebels premiered. Still on Season 5 just watched the driod episodes and Darth Maul get beaten by Palpatine. Series is pretty entertaining, id never purchase the collection though. They make good use of many of the PT background characters. I may go back and re watch the entire series just for the fun. The Clone Wars era rules the galaxy.

18. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I watched all the episodes once when they were initially released. About a year ago I bought the series box set and have slowly been going through it and am about to the start of season 4 right now with that. I tend to go in spurts and will watch five to ten episodes within a couple days but then will get caught up in something else and won't touch it again for months.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The earlier Clone Wars episodes are not as strong as seasons 3-6, but they are way more superior to Rebels episodes which can be way too Saturday Morning cartoon kiddy.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

If I'm going to rewatch, it's going to be seasons 1-2, the Nightsisters arc or Bounty.

I don't think the episodes in seasons 3-6 are of greater quality at all, certainly not quality entertainment value.

Except Bounty.

21. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think we all are just kidding ourselves if we try to say that Clone Wars wasn't at times very Saturday morning cartoon kiddy. I clearly remember lots of episodes from the first couple seasons where the backdrop of the TCW episode sounded serious but then the episode turns out to be stuff about helping save a farm and stuff like that.

Rebels has only had seven episodes so far. Some have been as good as any TCW episode and some havn't. Too early to label Rebels one way or the other. But I personally am enjoying Rebels more than I ever did TCW (as I think it does a much better job of sticking to the plot and not going on all these sidequest missions like TCW did).

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Like never cause you know it doesn't really come on anymore.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But that's no reason not to watch it.

CoolyFett and Erkan12 like this.
  24. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Ahh idk kinda gets boring after you seen it so many times

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I know what you mean sadly TCW does not have the rewatch value of avatar.

Newan likes this.