How Often Has Your Favorite Star Wars Movie Changed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jango10, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTDB Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I know I am going to get grilled for saying this but the film that got me into Star Wars was The Phantom Menace, I was 9, then AOTC took over thats when I proper got into Star Wars and became a Fan of the Original Trilogy, I kinda got bored of AOTC as I must of Watched about 60 times (serouisly that isnt even sarcasm)( BTW thats like one whole week of continously watching AOTC without sleeping) So my Favourite became ESB, Then Came ROTS I Have watched it about 20 times and still am not one bit bored of it and cant imagine it not being my favourite as for my second, well that changes everytime I watch a Star Wars Film
  2. Grievous93 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My favorite changed every time I saw a new one, so I guess ROTS will be my favorite for the rest of my life.
  3. tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Growing up "back in the day" Star Wars (or A New Hope) was my favorite. When I became a teenager Empire became my favorite. It stayed that way until 2004, but when I popped in Star Wars on DVD it quickly reclaimed it's number 1 spot. It stayed that way until May 2005. Revenge of the Sith instantly became my favorite, and I don't ever see that changing. This movie just blew my away. I left the theater speechless and moved. It was the greatest movie experience of my adult life. Not only that, it made all the other films better as well. I loved TPM and AOTC ever since the first time I saw them, but I didn't fully grasp their brilliance until ROTS.
    My favorite list has been pretty constant for years, with the exception of #'s 3 & 4, ESB was my #3 for the past couple of years but after watching it a couple of times recently it's been replaced by AOTC. I've watched Clones 3 times in the past week and I just can't get enough of it. With that said, I love all the films. Sometimes it's very hard to pick favorites. I guess you could say which ever one I happen to be watching at the moment is my favorite. This might not be making any sense to anyone else so I'll end this post with...If my life depended on it this is how I would rank them...now:

1=Revenge of the Sith
    2=Star Wars (A New Hope)
    3=Attack of the Clones
    4=The Empire Strikes Back
    5=The Phantom Menace
    6=Return of the Jedi
  4. RTDB Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah ROTS does seem superior it is just the ultimate Film experiance
  5. DarkStarkiller Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Only once - after seeing all the OT movies, I liked ESB the most. However after re-watching them, and then the prequels ROTS came to be my favorite. And that's how it's gonna stay - that movie was just so spectacular (except some dialoug), words can't even describe
  6. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think for me at least that was largely because of the fact that I'd wanted to see the events of RotS(things like Obi-Wan dueling Anakin) for my entire life given how young I was when I first saw Star Wars as well as the awesome sense of community you get in the line. I still love RotS and it's definitely my favorite Prequel, however I don't have quite the same love for it that I do the OT for some reason, which is odd given that really I grew up with the Prequels too. I was 11 for TPM, 13 for AotC, and 16 for RotS.
  7. SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How Often Has Your Favorite Star Wars Movie Changed?

It hasn't. I enjoy each STAR WARS episode and each STAR WARS trilogy and the STAR WARS SAGA fully and equally. :) :cool:
  8. Darth_Maestro Jedi Master

star 4
    It has mainly been ROTJ for most of my life when I was younger I used to find TESB pretty boring but as I've matured I've noticed many of the gleaming qualities in it that have made the movie considered the best one of all and it has becomed #2 in my list of favorite, but since ROTJ has always been the one I've grown up with it'll never leave the # 1 spot.
  9. DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    realisticly, I'd say that it's a Tie between ANH, TPM, and ROTS

TPM: in my opinion, everything was so innocent in this movie. everything was so pristine, you got introduced to a bunch of new characters. I loved JarJar Binks in this movie. I don't care what anybody else says, he was funny to me. And Anakin was so innocent in this one, a 9 year old kid with a dream of becoming a Jedi. kinda sad knowing that he would grow up to become a raging Sith Lord. the Duel of the Fates is easily the best duel of the entire saga.

ANH: besides it being the first SW movie ever made, it got so much done on a tight budget. I saw empire of dreams, and thought that it was great how George Lucas had to fight all these " Uphill Battles" to get the money for his movie, to get Kenner Toys to sign on to make the action figures.

ROTS: This one had action at every single turn. the beginning space battle, you had hundreds of droids and clones duking it out over the skies of coruscant in their starfighters and cruisers. By this time, Anakin and Obi-Wan have become comrade in arms instead of Padawan and Master. and then, by the halfway point, everything goes downhill from there. for real, when Obi-Wan and Anakin were duking it out, i was thinking back to TPM, when they were just 2 innocent people.
  10. DarkLordoftheSith14 Jedi Master

star 1
    My favorite of the PT is AOTC, and has been since I saw it.

ROTS is my second favorite of the PT. It isn't because I think it is a bad movie, becuase I don't. It is just a little more fast paced than I like. I like tragedies to be slow films. ROTS was very action packed. I wanted less action, and a lot more of Anikan scenes were Anikan's personality begins to work aginst itsself. I wanted to see him develop a split personality so that Darth Vader actually did destroy Anikan in a sense.

TPM is my least favorite. I think it is too small. It focuses on tax ivasion, and one planet fighting the IRS of Star Wars. I respect people who like it, but I don't care for it that much.

ESB is my favorite of the OT.

ANH is a close second.

ROTJ has some amazing parts, and some of the weakest parts of the OT. It is hard for me to judge this entire film.
  11. Freakzillawht2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    For me it was ESB,then ROTJ and finally ANH when i was 9 years old. after the the special edition ANH was in secondplace. and after the PT until today it's like this:
    ESB[face_dancing]
    ROTS:cool:
    AOTC[face_peace]
    ANH[face_mischief]
    ROTJ;)...[face_beatup]
    TPM:oops:[face_shame_on_you]
  12. SithMaster_69 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Never. It was and always will be ESB. Has been since I saw it back in 1980.

Now, my second favorite changed, from ROTJ to ROTS.
  13. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It flipped from TESB to ROTJ a few years back and it's stayed that way since.
  14. Thrawn1786 Jedi Master

star 5
    When I was little, ROTJ was my favorite mainly because of the Jabba's Palace sequence(forget the teddy bears, gimme weird aliens! was my 6 year old train of thought :p). I thought the rest of the movie was boring; I think I just didn't get the whole struggle between Luke and Vader.

Since I've grown older, and have become a die-hard Imperial fan, ESB was my favorite for a while. It still is out of the OT.

But....

ROTS is, out of all six, my favorite. Like everyone else has said about it, ROTS was what I wanted the last one to be(save for the Mace Windu/Palpatine scene, but that's another story): not much silliness ala Jar Jar and Threepio in the previous two, not too many love scenes(though they should've left in the Birth of the Alliance scene, it's very crucial to the character development of Leia, that she is exactly like her mother dealing with politics. Not to mention Mon Mothma being a nifty little tie), a good blend of lightsaber combat.

And for the time being, unless I have a revelation about the other five, ROTS will probably always be my favorite.
  15. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    My favorite movie has always been Return of the Jedi since Luke Skywalker is my favorite character and Mark Hamill really carries that movie.
  16. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    As a kid, I only had ANH and ROTJ on tape, and I loved the Ewoks and the speeder bike chase, so ROTJ was my favorite. After the 97 SE came out, ESB became my favorite. When ROTS came out, it was immediately my second favorite, but in the past year it's moved up to the #1 slot for me. It's everything I love about Star Wars times 5. More lightsaber duels, action, adventure, aliens, cool planets, and incredible music (even for Mr. Williams).
  17. jediking12 Jedi Youngling

star 1

ROTJ Was always my fav SW movie until ROTS
  18. drg4 Jedi Master

star 4
    My preference oscillates between ROTS and TESB on an almost monthly basis. I can't say for certain I'll maintain interest in the saga in the coming decades, but I'll at least return to these two. III and V are near perfect; not because they're the darkest, but because they're so profoundly human. Consequently, it is from these two outings that the most indelible impressions are cut: Anakin weeping on the Mustafar bridge, Padme reaching out to her husband from her loft, Obi-Wan retreating from the lava shore, Palpatine destroying the Senate, Yoda Force-guiding the X-Wing, Han screaming in perpetuity within his tomb, Leia shrinking from the sight, Vader's silhouette in the freezing chamber, Luke groaning defiance from atop his perch...

Laugh if you want, but those two leave me as spellbound as a Milton or Cervantes reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.