main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"How Old Are All of the Star Wars Characters Now, v2.0?"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jang-Anakin_Fett, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Remember jhc36, that "fish" developed the battle plan that beat the pants off the Vong fleet at Ebaq. :)

And as jawajames said, if you did use a refresher, you must be a heretic.

Wait until I tell Lord Shimrra........

2. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    IMO Paelleon is around Bel iblis's age- late 70s and early 80s. i do not believe he is 95. i have trouble believing that someone in his or her nineties would be able to keep themselves in as good condition as Gilad has. Of course, there's Strom Thurmond. Oh wait, he's dead. Never mind. As for Luke and Leia, given that the date for EP III is now 19 BBY, Luke and Leia are either 46 or 47.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well Pellaeon isn't even nearing the mid-part of his life as people keep having trouble grasping.

Eppie Beldan was 200 years old after all

Pellaeon might even get himself a Sharu life crystal and could live to be around 400

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Boba Fett's older than 51, he was 10 in AOTC, plus 22 years to ANH is 32, plus 29 to NJO= 61

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Here is when all of the major characters were born. You can do the math to figure out their ages in the NJO:

Luke/Leia: 18 BBY
    Han: 29 BBY
    Chewbacca: 200 BBY
    Lando: 31 BBY
    Vader: 41 BBY
    Palpatine: 82 BBY
    Obi-Wan: 57 BBY
    Qui-Gon: 92 BBY
    Jacen/Jaina: 9 ABY
    Anakin: 10.5 ABY
    Wedge: 20 BBY
    Mara: 20 BBY
    Corran: 18 BBY
    Danni: 4 ABY
    Boba: 32 BBY
    Pellaeon: 56 BBY
    Padmé: 46 BBY
    Mon Mothma: 48 BBY
    Yoda: 896 BBY
    Mace: 72 BBY

6. Jang-Anakin_Fett

Jang-Anakin_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2003
    I could've sworn Mara is older than Luke and Leia.

7. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    When Yoda died he was 900!

8. Tanakin_Skywalker

Tanakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2003
    Okay I think I got it now. These are the NJO ages:

Luke: 47
    Leia: 47
    Mara: 49
    Han: 58
    Lando:60
    Vader:70
    Palpatine: 111
    Obi-Wan:86
    Qwi-Gon:156
    Jacen:Confused from Destiny's Way, but maybe 17?
    Jaina:Confused from Destiny's Way, but maybe 17?
    Danni: 22
    Corran: 47
    Palleon:?
    Padme: 75
    Mon Momthma: 77
    Mace:121

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Qwi-Gon:156

Don't you mean 121?

10. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Vader:70
    Palpatine: 111

I'm sorry but Palpatine looked a bit older than 40 in TPM. If he's only 31 years older than 9 year old Anakin, then there is something wrong.

He's about 57 in TPM.

Luke: 47
    Leia: 47
    Han: 58

It's so weird that everyone thinks that Leia is waaaaay too old to have a kid, but that Mara is young enough to have five more. (Not that they both aren't too old, because they are.) And that Luke and Leia look so old, but Mara still looks like a teenager. *coughMarySuecough*

11. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
    The reason why palpatine seemed so old in ROTJ is becouse when you use the dark side of the force your body deteriorates faster.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Palpatine was 50 in TPM. This is confirmed in Shatterpoint, which says that Palpatine is ten years older than Mace.

13. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    "As of The Thrawn Trilogy, Mara was two years younger than Luke."

Source? All three Thrawn Trilogy sourcebooks say otherwise.

"Well Pellaeon isn't even nearing the mid-part of his life as people keep having trouble grasping. "

Why was he considered "middle-aged" in the Thrawn Trilogy after 50 years of service in the fleet? Either way, he was at least 65 (being "70+" in Heir to the Empire) years old at Endor, so we add 25 as of TUF. That would make him at least 90, probably more.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Pellaeon was 15 when he lied about his age to get into the Republic Navy, according to FH1: Remnant. Therefore, he was 65 in HTTE, which makes his birthdate 56 BBY.

15. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    I'd believe that if the sourcebook didn't explicitly say otherwise.

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Fett is 60yrs now.

Han is 29 at Yavin, so he is around 57 now. Taking Borleias from Derricote happened 7rys after Yavin. Gavin comments in Rebel Dream returning to Borelias twenty years later. Add a year since then, and you get the 57 or so.

Either way, Han comments in Remnant that the Black Fleet was 12yrs ago. Thus it must be in the third year of invasion by now.

17. Jang-Anakin_Fett

Jang-Anakin_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2003
    I must of did pretty good then. Right?

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    The Del Rey editor said Luke and Leia were 43 in Vector Prime, so they should be about 46 now, as about three years have passed between VP and the FH trilogy. Han would have been 54 in VP, and should be about 57 now. I heard Timothy Zahn himself say that Mara was the same age as Luke, so she should be about 46 now also. Jaina and Jacen should be 19 as of the FH trilogy.

According to Truce at Bakura, adults *do* live longer lives than here on Earth. In TaB, Senator Beldon was 164 and Eppie Beldon was "only" 132. (The word "only" was used in the book.) I would guess though that living difficult lives in harsh environments as Owen and Ben did on Tatooine, would age people more rapidly.

19. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    It's interesting that none of these very old people have gone the least bit senile. In TaB the only old person that seemed to have lost it had been drugged by the empire IIRC. I can certainly believe that they could get the technology to keep the body alive and functional, but how does one keep the mind functioning so well? It would be reasonable that they can decrease teh rate of senility, but to get rid of it completly seems odd. Even then, the reaction times and logic functions of elderly military commanders doesn't seem diminished at all. I find it a bit hard to believe that Palleon can co-ordinate his forces so well at his age...

20. Tanakin_Skywalker

Tanakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2003
    JC: I never read about Mara being younger than Luke and Leia. Direct me to a page in the Thrawn Trilogy where I can find this.

21. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    "JC: I never read about Mara being younger than Luke and Leia. Direct me to a page in the Thrawn Trilogy where I can find this. "

Well, it's technically from the three sourcebooks for the trilogy, they don't say she's younger, but she's listed as the same age, 28. I don't believe that Mara's age was ever named specifically in the books, only in RPG material.

22. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Joruus CBaoth:
    Well, it's technically from the three sourcebooks for the trilogy, they don't say she's younger, but she's listed as the same age, 28. I don't believe that Mara's age was ever named specifically in the books, only in RPG material.

I don't remember Mara's age being mentioned in any of the books either. As I said though, I was present when I heard her creator, Timothy Zahn, say that she was the same age as Luke. That works with what the Sourcebooks say about her age.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara's age is debatable. She doesn't know when she was born cause she doesn't have many memories of the time Before she was taken. The emperor may have lied to her about her age and she may just well be two years older than Luke. I'd actually prefer if it if she was only a year older. :p

24. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    Bib, your estimate of Gilad's age makes more sense than the idea that he was in his 70s in TTT. My estimate is closer to 50-48 BBY. Does anyone know what year we are in NJO, cause I am receiving conflicting signals.

25. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    Heir to the Empire clearly stated that Pellaeon had served over five decades in the military, and was considered middle-aged.

I used to be of the opinion that he wasn't nearly that old, but I find it hard to defend that position in the face of a sourcebook that places him at 70+ five years post-Endor.

For the record, Vector Prime was 21 years after Endor, adding one year for yeach following hardcover. So we take VP, Balance Point, Star by Star, Destiny's Way, and The Unifying Force, and we get 25 years post-Endor. Given that Thrawn made his return 5 years post-Endor, we merely have to add 20 to find that he's at least 90 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.