main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How old are you and what is your opinion of the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jades Fire, Jul 2, 2001.

?

How old are you and what is your opinion of the NJO?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. 13 to 17 & Like the NJO

29.5%
  2. 13 to 17 & Neutral about the NJO

5.0%
  3. 13 to 17 & Don't like the NJO

4.2%
  4. 18 to 24 & Like the NJO

16.9%
  5. 18 to 24 & Neutral about the NJO

7.3%
  6. 18 to 24 & Don't like the NJO

3.8%
  7. 25 or older & Like the NJO

17.6%
  8. 25 or older & Neutral about the NJO

4.2%
  9. 25 or older & Don't like the NJO

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    25 or much older
    I like NJO since SBS came out. Pretty strange though because I almost gave up on it when I heard about Anakin. It was just too good, and Luke acting like Luke got me hooked.

2. jediwenger

jediwenger Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2001
    25+ age group and I have to admit I quite like the NJO. I started reading the EU with the Thrawn Trilogy and have enjoyed most books since. My only real gripes about the story are there is too much emphasis on the younger cast members than the ones we grew up to know and love. I know this is the NEW JEDI ORDER but I read Star Wars because the books are easy reading and there is little need for too much characterisation, as we know the stars. I read other novels if I want to think, Star Wars is just enjoyable brain candy (now a little dark but I have no problem with that) for sitting on the tube commuting to work.
    Having lost my way with Star Wars a couple of years ago, primarily due to the increasing importance of these all powerful children, I decided to give the NJO a chance when I saw VP. After reading this book I decided that things were getting back on track as there were some great moments featuring our favorite heroes. Again these moments have diminished but I am now intrigued to see how they bring Han, Luke, etc back to the swashbuckling heroes of old. Maybe I am being a little delusional but I am holding out for them to save the day as has occurred so many times in the past. After the end of this story arc the EU shall probably diminish from my reading list as I am not really that interested in the offspring saving the day like their parents did before them.
    My second gripe is the time between books. I used to read a lot of fantasy and gave that up due to the waiting that had to be endured from starting the story to its completion, in some cases, many years later.

Anyway Good luck to the Gunners on Sunday, the start of an important and grueling period for us.

3. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm 25 and am rather enjoying the NJO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.