main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How old was the oldest person to ever live in the EU??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ceifer, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    A simple question that will hopefully be followed by simple answers, 8-}.
    The oldest living person that I know of from the EU is that Jedi Master of that long lived tree like species. I can't remember what the guys name was but I remember that he was 3000-4000 years old. Now THATS really DAMN OLD. Do YOU know of a character that lived LONGER then THIS??

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yag-Sothoth

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Arden Lyn, 25,000 years of being in stasis, before being awakened, and alive countless time before that.

4. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Being in cryostasis or whatever don't count. Any species that goes in stasis can live long.

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Note she was buried alive, she didn't use any cryo chamber technology to keep her alive, just her skills at teras kasi powers.

6. kaijueiga

kaijueiga Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2001
    Master Ood.

7. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Ok in that case it does count. Damn, 25 THOUSAND years is a long life. Is this person dead now or are they "sleeping" now.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    She is searching for the talisman that can resurrect her past lover Xendor(As in the one that commanded minions), still at large in the galaxy as of NJO most likely, looks to be in her 40's.

It was vaguely hinted that xendor may have been the dark jedi that found sith at korriban at the time of the great schism.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I'd tend to think that Arden Lyn's mortichro victimization could count as some form of statis. From Star Wars Gamer #5:
      "Before dying, Pina used the horrific technique of mortichro to arrest Lyn's body functions, stopping her heart. Through a freakish combination of events, Lyn survived...[/i]"
    But, Ceifer knows what he's looking for. Arden's case, however, isn't without some very special external interference outside of her skills at teras kasi. That is, it wasn't due to Lyn's skill, but a "freakish" series of events combining her teras kasi with Jedi Master Pina's mortichro, with luck or the will of the force which preserved her and which caused her body to be suspended in time.

This is opposed to Ood who simply lived some 4,000 years. But even then, Ood also has some monkey business surrounding himself as well - the premature, induced transformation into a tree.

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Oldest Human-That Eppie lady from TAB, she seemed 200+ years if i remember. Then there Pelly, whos age is really screwed.

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Eppie rocked.

12. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Was it ever determined how old Rokur Gepta was?

13. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Perhaps we should ask for the oldest person with an active live for the entire time.

Aruk the Hutt (A.C.Crispins Solo-trilogy) comes to mind with thousand years.

14. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Ood was over 1,000 when he recorded a prophecy in the holocron, and this is presumably with no stasis-like monkey business beforehand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.