main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq How old were you in 1977 (First time you saw Star Wars)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by FlirtationOfficer, Aug 17, 2005.

?

How old were you in 1977 (First time you saw Star Wars)

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Not born yet

29.0%
  2. 5 years old or younger

38.7%
  3. 6 to 10

19.4%
  4. 11 to 20

6.5%
  5. 20 or older

6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
  2. FlirtationOfficer

May 6, 2005
    I was 10 it was August 16th 1977 the first time I saw SW:D The reason I remember the exact date is because Elvis died that day

3. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    I have very vague memories of seeing Empire. I was only 1 when Star Wars came out...

4. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I was fourteen. First in line at the Wyoming Mall theater.

EDIT: Oops, I voted incorrectly. 11-20 was what I meant to mark.

5. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I was four years old, sitting in the back of my dad's pickup, at the Drive-In theater in Carlsbad, NM.

6. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm a young one.. -9 years and 1 day

7. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I was 12,and we boarded from the westside to Wyoming mall to check out Star Wars. had our date's a bottle of Old crow my buddy lifted from his old man.The lights went down and the music
    started then "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY" and the opening shot the planet the ships changed me forever. we stayed the hole day in the theater then went to the park and partyed, all we could talk about was the movie. we went to the theater all summer 127 times that summer.that was the SuMmer of SAm thats another story.[face_thinking]

8. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I actually saw it for the first time in may of 78 - the 2nd release, since I was only 17 months old the first time around.

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I was 13 yrs old and it was at the Cooper theatre in downtown Pueblo. Like Joseph said earlier....it just changed my life! I had never seen anything like this before and it consumed me whole! That is funny Joseph...I had guesstimated I had seen it like a 125 times that year!

10. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    i was about 3 1/2 yrs old in '77 however the first star wars i watched was episode 1 then episode 2 then decided well, maybe i should just tolerate Luke's whinyness and watch the original trilogy which was about 3 years ago so i was like 28?

11. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I was born in 78 so I didn't see a New Hope, but I have vague memories of Empire, and I remember loading up into the old matador station wagon and going to see Return of The Jedi. Man, I can't wait until the re release in 3-D!!! Unfortunately I do remember crying when the Ewoks were dying. Now I just laugh.

12. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
  13. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    the coolest was watching Jedi from the prjection booth at the local theater in Hackettstown < NJ - I saw all of the OT in the same theater but saw the PT all in different cities. How life has changed

14. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I was a - 2 weeks old.

15. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i was only 1 when anh came out-- so i didn't see that, but i also have vague memories of seeing empire, but i totally remember going to see jedi. and that summer for my birthday my parents got me the millenium falcon...it was the best summer ever!

16. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Well it was released May 25, 1977 and I was born August 2, 1977

17. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I had just turned 9 when it came out, and my parents took my brothers and I to see it. I had never seen a movie like it, and have been a fan/collector ever since!!

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Propgeek! Bloodclaw! I also saw at the Wyoming Mall theater...small world! Heck, maybe we even were at the same show? [face_thinking] That would be too freaky. I think my parents didn't take us to see it until October or something, but I was 7. I remember watching the movie. I liked it. It didn't make me a fan though - that happened when I saw Empire. I also remember my first figure (R2D2) we bought from TG&Y for probably $.75. Ah...those were the days.

Come to think of it - every theater I saw the OT in is gone. :( Wyoming Mall (ANH), Highland Theater (ESB), Candelaria/Eubank (can't remember the name of it...) for ROTJ.

19. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Even the drive in is gone. :( I wonder if there are any drive in's left in this country?

20. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah - the drive in was a blast. My friend's brother was the manager there for a while, so we'd go every weekend. We could pay maybe $5 and see 6 movies and all the concessions we wanted. Now I gotta shell out $9.50 and $20 for popcorn & a coke. Robbery! :mad:

I think there's only a few drive-ins left - one in AZ that I know about.

21. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I was 25 and I didn't get to see SW until January of 1978, since I was living in
    Deming at the time and it took until that time before the little theater there
    picked it up.

22. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Not born yet. Wish I had been though.

23. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    There is a drive in still in Denver.

I remember ESB, but I was only 3, and I saw a marathon when ROTJ at the Drive in where Rio 24 now sits. My mom thought I was going to pass out in the car and my parents could go home early, but no, I was up until 3 am watching the movies. I had to wake my parents when it was over so we could go home.

24. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    i'm another who wasn't born at the time. dang it!

25. FlirtationOfficer

May 6, 2005
    It is amazing how we are different chronologically but still the same little kids inside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.