main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How powerful could Vader had been?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by TheChoosen095, Mar 29, 2014.

1. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I doubt Vader's Force ability was actively decreased with his injuries. He's just as powerful as ever when it comes to telekinesis. The Empire Strikes back is the best example; Force choking over great distances, and moving objects during a duel were pretty impressive moves.

I think the main weakness Vader suffered was his mobility. Age and cybernetics saw that the Dark Lord could no longer flip around and twirl his saber around as fast as he once could. The tradeoff is that he is much more physically strong (but we all know that means little when it comes to Force users). I wouldn't say Vader was that drastically crippled by his injuries; his different fighting style doesn't really mean he's weaker. After all, he did take down numerous Jedi in the name of the Empire.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, the whole "Vader's Force ability was weakened" angle was a fairly late addition, appearing in the AOTC-ROTS period. It's not present in the earlier materials. In the ANH novelization Ben says to Vader "Your power has matured since I taught you". In one early source it was said that Vader's power was "intact" despite his injuries.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Great googally moogally. How man words can I type wrong in one line? Let's try that again.

Anakin was indeed stupid. During the opera in ROTS the only thing missing was Palpatine's evil villain laughter. "Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

There.

4. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I'm beginning to wonder how many fans truly understood what Anakin's character may have really meant.:rolleyes:

5. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    It all depends on your point of view. ;)