main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How powerful in the Force should Luke be in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Mar 30, 2014.

?

How powerful in the Force should Luke be in the ST?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2016.
  1. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and slightly wiser about the ways of the Force

2.3%
  2. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and slightly wiser and with more/new Force abilities

6.2%
  3. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and just as wise as Yoda

3.1%
  4. Just below the most powerful in combat (equal to Mace maybe) and just below the top in wisdom

7.7%
  5. Just below the most powerful in combat but just as wise as they are or with more/new Force abilities

6.2%
  6. As powerful in combat as Yoda or Palpatine but not as wise as they are about the ways of the Force

10.8%
  7. As powerful in combat as Yoda and Palpatine and also as wise as they are about the ways of the Force

10.8%
  8. More powerful than Yoda or Palpatine in combat and wiser and/or with more Force abilities

9.2%
  9. As powerful as the Chosen One if Anakin had reached his full potential

26.9%
  10. More powerful than the Chosen One at his full potential or any Jedi/Sith ever

16.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I think he should be as powerful, as he needs to be for the story.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I want 30 years from now Luke has decided to follow his father's footsteps and resolve absolutely everything with a Force choke. But for good. It worked on the pig guards, logically, he should be able to rebuild the entire Jedi order whilst Force choking his way to supreme Jedi Mastery.

darth ladnar likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He only wrote a treatment, an outline for the movies. He didn't make a full-fleshed script out of it because - I don't know? In any case he was perfectly happy to give them away for others to work on. And it is not a fully fledged out story, only a precursor.

In my creative process, things from the outline change all the time. I have new ideas while writing and quite often they collide with old ones, so the old ones have to go.

They hired all these creative persons to bring their own creative inputs on the table. And if they deem something bad in Lucas treatment or have an idea that collides with one of his lesser ones, I doub't they shrug and go all "Ah well, but it is his treatment, can't change anything in it". They'll discuss it with him and possibly overrule him if he doesn't give his okay.

Chris Claremont changed a lot of things from the original stories. For one he "disrespectfully" remade the character of Magneto and directly manipulated the ongoing feud - story - of the X-Men against Magneto. He continued the story that Stan Lee began.

Fastback and Heero_Yuy like this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'd be in favor of his power being "mostly" implied as being as powerful or more powerful than the chosen one. Use good dialog and expression to get the message across. Be subtle about it.

5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Keep in mind we don't know how powerful the Chosen One was, or rather was to become. He was still young & developing when he was sliced up & put in the life support suit. GL said if he hadn't he would've become more powerful than Palpatine or Yoda. So maybe Luke will be as powerful as Anakin at the time of RotS but it's impossible to compare the two if Anakin had another 20+ years of development without his injuries.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think he should be more powerful than that, but not in "God mode".

7. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Luke after ROTJ 30 years will be wise and powerful and grand master of the Jedi order. He will bring the Jedi Order back and teach and learn from what the Old Jedi Order did right and what they did wrong. I'm a EU reader and love how Luke has progressed since ROTJ and he is up there with yoda IMO but it did not come easy he did bust his but. I would not say Yoda was all wise himself for a 900 year old force user to get fooled by a 40-50 years old sith well maybe he was a little to old but he sure came close to defeating Palpatine. Luke in VII will be wise like Obi Wan, as powerful as yoda and the potential being son of Anakin, he will kick ass.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    He should be the equivalent in power and wisdom as Ben Kenobi was in ANH & Qui-Gon was in TPM. Luke Skywalker will likely fill that kind of role in Ep. 7...we'll see if he has the same fate as Ben & Qui-Gon.

Look at the relationships of these three characters and do the math. I am so looking forward to this.

9. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Most powerful Jedi/Sith of all time. :)

Vastor, whostheBossk and T-R- like this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think the Goldilocks Theory should be applied.:p

darth ladnar likes this.
  11. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I think as long as he has Ghost Yoda and Obi-Wan to guide him he will be okay. But since he will probably not have fought any Sith or real opponents I think his skill with a lightsaber may be a little rusty. I don't think he will be going off to protect the galaxy as the Old Jedi Order did. I do however think he would have come in contact with mersonaries and smugglers that would have tried to mess with him.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Powerful enough to ragdoll Palpatine on his best day.

rumsmuggler and T-R- like this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Powerful enough to create planets just from one single cough.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I think he should be as powerful as Yoda at the age of 878, his age in ROTS.

Luke should pretend to be disabled and weak, and when the **** hits the fan, you see his true colors and surprises everyone with his abilities. Yoda trained him, so he would not use the force unwisely, only when he absolutely needed too, would he use the force to destroy evil.

I think it should be a secret as to how strong Luke really is, until he is pushed to his breaking point.

I want to see him using the force like Yoda did in the senate chamber in ROTS. I think the audience's jaw would drop at the sight of him being as good as Yoda in this new trilogy. Besides, he's had 35 years to be the absolute best at the force. I hope they give him the same abilities as they gave Yoda in ROTS or AOTC.

Edit: Gotta star out the whole word.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    As powerful as the Chosen One if Anakin had reached his full potential

This... is the only way it can be. :cool:

T-R- likes this.
  16. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Luke should be what Anakin was supposed to be.
    And more powerful then we can possibly imagine.

T-R- likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke should float in all of his scenes too.

18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Powerful enough that he's found Yodas old floaty chair and now levitates in it throughout the entire ST. Everything he wants now comes to him via the Force.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    He'll consume the Sith with fireballs from his eyes...& bolts of lightning from his @$$

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    He won't be as all-powerful as y'all suggest. Just my opinion.

21. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    should be, but won't, your right. Luke did not struggle with training as some on here have suggested. He learned at an accelerated rate and did very well. Most jedi take a decade or so to become as powerful as Luke was within a few years. In the eu Luke became the full potential of Anakin Skywalker. Thus more powerful than Yoda, Mace and the chosen one.

22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Wait, did Luke use a Force choke in ROTJ? :( Bad Luke! That's a Sith move!

or maybe, work with me here... [face_thinking] Luke is so powerful he can use traditional Sithian applications of the Force and not succumb.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Sithian is now a word? For shame.

24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    On the contrary. I think Luke's entrance in ROTJ, dressed in a black robe and using Force chokes, was meant to directly convey a closeness to the Dark Side, having him be on his way to becoming Vader as in his cave vision, which is only reinforced by having seen Anakin the same way in ROTS. Luke sacrificed his training to save his friends, and in turn learned a truth he wasn't ready for. He was much more like his father than he seemed. And that was the real problem with the movie, because after that, we don't see the darkness in Luke again until the very end. They tried to walk the line between putting his soul at peril and letting him remain the hero, and that balance wasn't quite pulled off. I still love the movie, but I think that aspect could have been handled better and made more clear. It does play more directly when you start at TPM and watch all six in a row, but I'm still surprised at how many hardcore fans don't even see what they were going for due to the fact that most of the movie drops the ball with it.

darth ladnar likes this.
  25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I would expect ST Luke to be "the Yoda", not "the Obi-Wan". GL talked about Luke becoming "the Obi-Wan" during the filming of ANH, before Yoda existed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.