main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV How Puzzling

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Moka, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I posted a puzzling movie question on the ultimate trivia of doom thread and thought, "there must be hundreds, thousands, LEGIONS of puzzling questions out there about movies and other things.

This thread is to post those enigma's and possibly get an answer to them from someone who may be more enlightened.

For example: What was the purpose of a sweaty ten minute techno-orgy in the movie "The Matrix:Reloaded?"
    or
    Why do Skywalker males have an inclination to whine?

2. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Answer to the Skywalker Q:

Genetics!

Hahaha!! Jason's just as whiny as his grandpa!!

Here's one: Why, in Ep.II, does the restraunt owner know where a poison dart came from? and why would Obi-Wan think,"Hey maybe that sloppery restraunt owner alien knows where this mysterious dart came from! I know that the jedi archives don't have any info on it, but hey! it's worth a shot!"

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    From the Star Wars Databank:

Many in Coco Town know that Dex is not only the source of quick and hearty meals, but also unerring information on an astonishing array of topics. Dexter's past includes work with expeditionary oil-harvesting crews, manning rigs, running guns, tending bar, and brawling for a living. With his latest endeavor, Dex hoped to make a fresh and stable start, and enjoyed the more sedate and quiet life of a cook.

Dex first met Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was running a rough-and-tumble bar on Ord Sigatt, an Outer Rim mining world. Though Dex was on the wrong side of the law (his bar was a front for a gun-running racket), he took a liking to the young Jedi. Dex next opened a weapon shop on the Outland Transit Station, supplying mercenaries and bounty hunters alike. Narrowly escaping an attack on the station, Dex gave up the shadier life and sold the last of his wares, eventually settling on Coruscant.

StarWars.com has been remodeled, btw. It's worth a look.

Why, in the Hulk previews, does the Hulks pants stay on when every other shred of clothing explodes off of him due to his massive gain in size? I know they can't have a naked Hulk running around, but what is the reason in the story? Does Bruce decide to wear spandex pants?

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I was just thinking the same thing last night Talon. And why are they purple? He doesn't wear purple pants all the time, unless the rumors ARE true about the name Bruce.

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Okay, some things just have to be accepted on faith or they just dont work. Like the Hulks pants and the fact that lightsabers work, otherwise we would have naked Hulks and Jedi with sticks.

Like sound in space.
    Interstellar travel.
    The Force.
    The empire making great big walking machines for war. Why? Becuase its cool.

The bartender has a colorful past, I can buy that he knows stuff a droid doesnt.

Besides if Kamino was wiped from the Jedi archives dont you think the database that the droids pull from would also have been purged of references to Kamino?

6. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Jedi with sticks!! Hahahaha!!

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Why, in the show Smallville, doesn't Lex just install surveillance in and around the Kent Ranch?

He has this whole room dedicated to figuring out Clark Kent, yet he has overlooked this easy way to gather intel.

Camera in the barn, and a few outside the ranch... done deal.

8. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Why, in EP1 during the final Jedi battle, when Obi-Wan sees that the other two have run off doesn't he use force speed like they did in the Trade Federation ship running from the droidekas?

Ponder me this!

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    ah ha! I have already pondered this. Due to the extended battle with Maul Obi-Wan lacked the vitality and forcepoints to use force speed.

Riddle me this. In V why did the aliens pretend to be our friends and give us time to organise a resistance instead of just gathering us up, sucking our resources dry and strap on the feedbag. (I know, short movie. But really)

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Riddle me this: Who's ever actually seen V?

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Hey! Those of us who werent in diapers at the time! Thats who! God Im so old

12. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    hey I loved that show...I kept waiting for Robert English to don his red and green striped sweater and start terrorizing everyones dreams.

Dude...that wouldve been so AWESOME!!!!!

OOOh!!! I wonder if thats the secret story line on how Freddy came to be in the first place.

13. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    ok..my question to ponder....Why did Stan Lee agree to having Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger) direct The Hulk?? Didnt he know Ang would turn a potential commercial Mega Giant with those great meaningless american sequal deals and blow-em-up smash-em-up fight scenes into Beauty and the Beast!!??!?!?!?!?!!!!! I mean, who cares what emotional issue The Hulk is going through???? Just grab a tank and throw it into the stratusphere Hulk!!!! Go on!!!! Thats what us Americans want!!!!! Not some Green, reflectant, teary-eyed Hulky!!! And whats with the Akira ending huh???!?!?!?! What is this wourld coming to!?!?! Next thing we know Oliver stone will be directing Pokeymon and Spike Lee a movie version of Mien Kamf!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

so there's my question...

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    V was cool.

Stupid Freakin EULA. Oh sorry, that belongs in a different thread.

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I havent seen Hulk but I'll take a super hero movie with depth (X2) over flash in the can (Spiderman) anyday. (Dont get me wrong I loved Spiderman, just getting that out of the way).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.