main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Should Americans deal with the Sniping criticsm? Isolationism?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by BoboliFett, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    BIG W

j/k :p

2. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I agree, Ariana. I really do. The problem is, it's human nature to generalize in such cases, because they/we have no way to judge how those NOT seen and portrayed really feel.

Sadly, the US government (and dare I say all governments) "represents the people for which it stands". Therefor, if the government chooses a foreign policy against aor for a nation, it goes without saying that the people follow it. Remember, the world believes we elect our officials (not the electoral college... but don't let em go there--I'll derail the topic again!!).

3. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Yes, but "America being to eager to be the world police" had NOTHING to do with its citizens. And I hate it when non-Americans act like it's OUR (the random citizens') fault the Federal government has decided to stick its nose in somebody else's business YET AGAIN

These same people are the ones who blindly support the UN and blame us for whatever happens in the world when we pull back. President Bush campaigned on the notion of getting out of the "police" business, but events have unfortunately overtaken that intention.

4. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    >>Surely if anything by the very nature of the Internet this is a golbal site with global representation??<<

Global? Global means New World Order.

:p *holds up picket sign that reads "Proud to be Paranoid"* :p

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I dont feel like reading everyone's respones at this moment, I'm so pissed at some of the people here criticizing America's (especially in the Hiroshima thread, my God!) actions or America in general.

BoboliFett, I agree with you. Sometimes I feel like we should pick up the attitude "CENSORED you, go cry for help to someone else!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.