main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How should Darksiders pre-Kylo Ren be Handled

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Sep 3, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Season 4 Rebels being its last, I suspect the next animated series would be post-RoTJ pre-ST.

We already know Snoke exists, but besides him and before Ben Solo turns to the darkside, what kind of darksiders should pop up in the galaxy in the wake of the end of the Sith?

The EU fiddled around post-RoTJ with dark jedi.

You could have a former member of the Old Order still alive but who fell to the darkside. Coming out of the shadows after the Empire was defeated.

While the Inquisitor Origination was likely destroyed before the OT began, you could have a few ex ones still remaining. As we saw Jerec strive to gain power in a post-Sith world. Even see one attempt to pass darkside teaching to an apprentice. Another survivor could be influenced in creation by bounty hunter Ventress and Mara Jade, becoming a better person and a unlikely ally to Luke if we get adventures about him in this era.

A group of darksiders not connected to the remains of the Empire. Such as a mix between the darkside interacting with the criminal underworld.

Disney could also avoid using any of these ideas, instead keeping Luke and the New Republic from having to deal with darkside threats until Snoke and Kylo.

What are your ideas about darksiders in this era?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I see no reason the Inquisition shouldn't function til Return of the Jedi.

Ithorians likes this.
  3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Perhaps a "Corellian" Force sensitive situation.
    Luke: I'm looking for students for my Jedi Academy. Are you Force sensitive?
    Corran 2.0: Yep! I wan to be a Jedi!
    Luke: Whoa. Let's not get a head of ourselves. I need to make sure you are Force sensitive. Lift this rock.
    Corran 2.0: I can't. But trust me. I'm Force sensitive. I got the highest scores piloting X-Wings. Commander Wedge Antilles swears I am Force sensitive....
    Luke: Sure, keep telling yourself that. Next!

Corran 2.0 mutters: I'll show him!

Corran 2.0 Falls to the Dark Side. Swears unending vengeance of Luke Skywalker and his Jedi.

Dread Pirate Roberts likes this.
  4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Except that it doesn't. The Inquisitorious ceased to exist with the death of Eighth Brother on Malachor. You can't have an organization without members.

5. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Vader could always recruit more.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    They've already flat out said the Inquisition is returning for the final season so I don't know what you mean. Where did the idea the Inquisition is kaput come from?

7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Where did they say that? The Inquisitor's are all gone, mark my words.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Twitter.

Why would you think it's gone? Frankly, I'm glad Maul is gone because he really ruined the chance at developing the Inquisition.

DARTH_MU and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
  10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Wait. How do we know that was the last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    I would like to see just small bands of dark siders or solo. Having someone like Jerec start a small sect would be good. Having force users who survived the purge come out of hiding would be cool and use their power for personal gain. I do think we won't see much of this as it seems to go against an awakening concept.

Set Harth is an example of a solo force user they could model off of

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That article supports my view that there are no more Inquisitor's left. I remember reading it back in 2016 after the Season Two Finale and I knew then that we wouldn't be seeing any more Inquisitors in Rebels. And we haven't.

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Sariss lives!

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No it doesn't. It says they're diminishing but it says quite the opposite that there's no Inquisitors left. It says they'll diminish as they approach A New Hope.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Sigh.....Filoni doesn't give straight yes/no answers. But his statement heavily implies that there won't be any more Inquisitors in Rebels. You could be right and a few will appear in this last season. But I'm certain they won't.

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I miss the EU days where we could have Inquisitors running around and whatnot. It seems SW runs on minimalism these days.

17. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I think their are Inquisitors during rebels season 4 events even if we don't see any. While we have seen 4 die in Rebels, the faction is bigger. However because of Tarkins line to Vader in ANH and lack of presence in the OT era (including Vader comic in that period) I think it's Likley they were wiped out. Not by the rebellion but the Sith/empire. With the higher ups thinking their are no more Jedi to hunt, inquisitors have fulfilled their purpose. Sure they can be a threat to normal Rebels, but the Sith may feel they will become a liability. You could still have a Jerec like Inquistor surviving the purge and come out of hiding when the Sith are gone to grab a slice of power.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Why?

I am just curious. You seem awfully certain and they said the Inquisitors werne't done but I'd like to know where you get the idea the last Inquisitor is dead.

kalzeth and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Because we haven't seen them in over a year. Because the producers have said in multiples interviews that they feel that Inquisitors aren't around by the time of ANH. Filoni's said on multiple occasions that the Emperor barely tolerated their existence.

If the Inquisitors are really still around, why haven't they continued hunting Kanan and Ezra. A Jedi Knight, as far as they know, the last active Jedi Knight and his gifted Padawan. They should be the Inquisitors primary target. Yet Kanan and Ezra can run around the Galaxy with impunity now that the three Inquisitors perished on Malachor. That implies to me that there are none left to pursue them. We'll see whose right soon enough.

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I dunno, I just assumed we didn't see them because Darth Maul was taking their niche.

Why wasn't Vader or the Inquisition hunting Maul?

Why wasn't Vader hunting Kanan?

Also, the Inquisition don't just hunt Jedi. We saw that with the Grand Inquisitor.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    They've been distracted by Starkiller. :)

kalzeth likes this.
  22. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017
    It supports that without confirming it. Doesn't confirm that there are no more inquisitors though just that they are unlikely to appear in the show

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And Galen crushed them like ants! That's why there are no more Inquisitors .

24. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It´s true that an even more recent interview, I seem to recall, confirmed that at the very least their fate was going to be addressed in season 4. I always remember when both 7th sister and 8th brother talked about many Inquisitors searching the galaxy for Kanan and other targets, at that could only make sense, because what use would be an organization devoted to hunting beings in the open galaxy if it only has three active members?

However, I get the feeling that they somewhat reversed the idea of continuing the Inquisitorius storyline in Rebels, so even if there are more Inquisitors left, and they happen to actually show up in the series, they don´t seem to be destined to such an important role as in the two first seasons (in the second one they were already used very sparingly as it is).

If this is actually the road they end up taking, it´s disappointing... I did missed them in season 3, and Maul really wasn´t enough to fill their role. Since the Storygroup seem to be taking Tarkin´s comment in ANH as such a guide in this matter, it´s conforting that they are using Vader´s comic to develop them deeply; felt very needed at this point, just for a matter of coherence in their storytelling...

kalzeth likes this.
  25. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    If only they used that same logic to off Kanan and Ezra........

Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  26. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I didn't think Kanan would die until the recent trailer. Now I'm certain he will and Ezra will abandon the Jedi way.

kalzeth likes this.