main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How should Lucasfilm/Disney build up pre-release hype?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Nov 30, 2012.

1. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    One simple trailer cut from a great film will take care of itself and this goes thermonuclear.

I hope we don't get saturation overload of merchandise and tie-ins like TPM that was way too much.

Imagine how everyone would react with no publicity at all until the first reviews hit the the newspaper stands- 'Star Wars episode VII is the must see film of the year', 'Star Wars roars back' and 'Star Wars episode VII is even better than Empire (Phantom)'.

2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I loved the saturation overload of merchandise and tie-ins for TPM, and I really missed it with the other prequels, but considering how much money they lost with that I doubt we'll see it again. Maybe somewhere in-between would be good.

3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I still have those cup-toppers (don't remember where from...maybe 7-11?) - My favorites are the R2-D2 cup and the Watto one. Imagine. A Watto cup!!!

4. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Stuff collectible cards and stuff into Lays crisps packets like they did with TPM. Tie-ins with Pepsi products as well. Burger King used to do kids meals with free toys and stuff too. Feed the consumerism/obesity epidemic!

5. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Yay! Bring back hyperspace, and web docs!

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Announcing a Release Date and the return of Mark, Carrie and Harrison would make a lot of people amped up.

7. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I wonder if they'll mention the films on ABC....after all Disney owns the network. Maybe a line of dialogue in 'Once Upon a Time' or something.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would love to see those ads on the cereal boxes again. Oh and bring back the Golden Yoda on the pop can that was used in TPM. I don't care if he's dead. BRING IT BACK GODDAMMIT

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Ah, that brings back old school memories of cutting a C3PO mask out of the front of a cereal box. Good times.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I still remember that Yoda cereal that was out when ROTS was in theaters. I was too embarrased to eat it.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Have Chad Vader spam youtube about it, people will listen to Chad.