main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How should other Jedi be presented in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 10, 2014.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So I do think it is a likely possibility (especially with the whole rebels version of Obiwan), that Jedi that are not Kanan, are going to make an appearance in the show.

If that is the case, do you think that Kanan should be the only jedi that is a main character throughout the series, and if other Jedi appear, they should either be "oneshot" or "recurring"? Or do you want a Jedi that isn't Kanan, to eventually join the main cast?

Also if other Jedi appeared in the show, do you think Kanan should find/encounter them (I personally hope he does not encounter Obiwan)? Or should throughout Kanan's adventures, he would not encounter other jedi, and be the sole jedi survivor of his "world" even if we did see other Jedi in the show?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think he should encounter any Jedi. But, if he does, they should die very quickly at either the hands of the Inquisitor or Vader.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "How should other Jedi be presented in Rebels?"

Dead.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I would say that the crew of the Ghost should encounter other Jedi only very, very sparingly, like maybe only once or twice a season, and then the clues that these are Jedi should be very, very subtle. Remember, many Jedi have been killed and the surviving members of the Order have been forced underground. They are going to very wary of anyone who claims to be a Jedi Knight, because they might be Imperial agents or bounty hunters hunting Jedi.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I wonder what the reaction would be if they gave Mace Windu the Maul treatment.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't know. It could be awesome. Or it could be a complete disaster. You'd have the same problem with Mace Windu that you'd potentially have with Ahsoka, only more so. You'd have to explain why he sat out the war when he has a nearly unbeatable and almost impossible to learn fighting style. Plus he has tons of combat experience thanks to the Clone Wars that would make him very valuable to the Rebellion.

Cevan likes this.
  7. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Frankly, what worries me the most is that it's hard to see Disney killing off not just one but TWO major characters on what's supposed to be a "kid's channel", not to mention any other jedi who may be encountered, or Ahsoka.
    If they don't that means the new continuity has at least 3 fairly powerful force users with lightsabers and anti-imperial sentiments who just happen to not show up or get mentioned in the OT. I've always been of the opinion that this cheapens the central story of the Original Trilogy and the development of Luke as "first of the new" with such weight upon his shoulders alone.
    Not a great start for the new canon.

Anyone have ideas on that? (If it's not too off-topic; seems to be a related-enough subject.)
    How many seasons could they conceivably run before they catch up to ANH and have to address the issue?

ayures, TKT and kubricklynch like this.
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yup, it would be nice to return to a time where Star Wars stories didn't have a Jedi around every corner.

Abadacus, TKT and kubricklynch like this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is some good news. A recent interview with Dave Filoni confirmed lightsaber duels will be rare to make them seem more special. Let's hope this means not many Jedi will appear in the series.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would have loved (I say "would have" because I highly doubt it will be the case) an ANH style opening for the show where instead of Vader and stormtroopers bursting through the door and killing the security aboard Leia's ship, we get the Inquisitor and stormtroopers breaking into a hideout occupied by a Jedi - whether an original character or not - and kill him/her/them, just to set the tone as to what's going on and to give the Inquisitor at least an intimidating and deadly opening, which will be followed undoubtedly by the core cast of Rebels constantly evading him from there on out.

That would suffice for my all I'd want to see of other Jedi and of the purge. To merely show that this is indeed going down and that the last of the Jedi are being killed, and to have an expendable Jedi killed very early on, to compensate for the Inquisitor being foiled by those with plot armor.

Though I am suspecting that Kanan ultimately will die at the Inquisitor's hand, or by Vader's, but that might not be for awhile.

TheOneX_Eleazar and whostheBossk like this.
  12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Koth or Vos could fill that role, TG.

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I was going to go with "they shouldn't", but I think this works better.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    There's already too many lightsabers as it is. The Force is my favorite thing about Star Wars but this is the dark times - no more Jedi.

Abadacus likes this.
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The only times a Jedi should show up is to give The Inquisitor or Vader someone without plot armor to cut down.

DanielUK and Vthuil like this.
  16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Kcaj.

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    If true in that it won't show much lightsaber action, it will only be a short while. Everyone wants to see lightsaber action so we will be getting it. The question then is, is it going to be the Inquisitor v. Kanan over and over?? Or can we have a few cameo's of former jedi which I would be very happy to see. Cameo's such as those listed above or any other jedi we have read about that deserves an action seen or in this case, a possible death scene at the hands of the Inquisitor or Vader or bounty hunters. Thoughts?

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    From the trailers, it looks like Kanan and Inquisitor at least twice in the first season.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would want the jedi Dead not there gone poof.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I would prefer not to see other Jedi. For such a small organisation there seems an oversateration of material focusing on Jedi. Leave Kannan on his own.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    5 years before ANH, 95% of the Jedi should be dead.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    More like 99.99%. But we definitely don't need to see the entire .01% who are still living in the show. I agree with Cushing's Admirer on this.

23. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    According to Dave Filoni, there where about 10,000 Jedi during the clone wars so there should be a couple hundred still alive but in hiding. But id prefer if they just focus on Kanan as the sole jedi for a while. We don't need jedi oversaturation like we had in the clone wars.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I loved seeing the huge quantity of Jedi in TCW, that's how I learned the names of all the Jedi who don't speak in the PT (and Ki-Adi-Mundi), and episodes like Lair of Grievous work great as one-off tales that show what the Jedi as a whole were going through. But Rebels is in a different part of the timeline in which Jedi being extremely rare is key, hence my opposite opinion on that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Jedi are my favorite part of Star Wars, but I feel like survivors of Order 66 should be limited, as the more that survived, the more incompetent Vader, The Inquisitor and the Clones/Stormies seem

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.