main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How should the character arcs of Jaina, Ben, and Allana have ended?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How should the character arcs of Jaina, Ben, and Allana have ended?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The way they did.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Jaina became Queen and, likely, the founder of the Imperial Knights. I hope Ben is the one who moved the Jedi Order to Ossus. Allana I'm sort of curious about. I hope she didn't go become Queen of Hapes, since the Hapan Queen was married to Emperor Roan Fel...but the fact that the Hapan Queen was a Jedi seems to suggest that yes, that's where Allana wound up.

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Alternatively, at TUF.

Alpha-Red, Slater, Riv_Shiel and 7 others like this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Roan Fel married someone in Hapan Royalty, but it never says Elia was their Queen.

Vialco likes this.
  6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Either way, the gross part was that they're very closely related, though.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Not necessarily, there were a lot of Hapan royals, including Tenel Ka's cousins.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    With Leia waking up in the middle of the night, telling Han about her crazy & horrible nightmare. The day after TUF.

Honestly, I wish to God the old EU ended there. It would be perfect!

--Adm. Nick

9. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Or Mara waking up in the middle of the night shortly after the signing of the Bastion Accords to tell Luke about her crazy and horrible nightmare...;)

still thinks the last words spoken in the old EU should have been "Hang on a minute. I'll come with you."

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    But then we lose Allana and basically all of Ben--there's really no perfect answer.

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'll accept their loss to end on the best Luceno book ever!

--Adm. Nick

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    As I mentioned, the fact that she was a Jedi would suggest to me that she was intended to be Allana's descendant.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It never said she was a Jedi? And even if she was Force-sensitive, I think Tenel Ka's Hapan cousins were too.

14. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Was Ania descended from Allana's line or Jaina's line? I imagine Ben eventually married who I don't know-Vestara being a strong candidate, Seha perhaps maybe Jysella and perhaps Tahiri though I don't like the latter. Jaina with Jag founded the Fel dynasty.

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know that about Tenel's cousins, though! So there's a possibility.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Jaina refuses to join the Empire.

And breaks up with Jag Fel.

Allana marries Jag's son and carries her Force sensitivity with her.

Vialco and cthugha like this.
  17. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Jaina finds someone who doesn't ask her to compromise herself for the sake of "duty."

Allana finds somebody who treats her with respect and understands the heavy burden of royalty on Hapes.

And Ben gets therapy for his thoroughly kriffed-up childhood before going on to reorganize the Order around a less Old-Order-blinkered-Force-fanatic model.

Kylun likes this.
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Jaina and Jag never become rulers of the empire but instead spent the rest of their lifes together in peace. Their son later becomes emperor and calls himself Fel II, refering to Jags short time as head of the remnant.

When Allana finds out that Luke ordered her fathers murder she gives him an impressive "reason you suck" speech and throws the Jedi out of Hapes. She also builds a statue of her late father overlooking the galactic alliance embassy.

Ben later marries Seha and has the children with her he needs to continue the Skywalker legacy.

Vialco and SWpants like this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Start over from TUF. Jacen tries to end DNT, LOTF and FOTJ peacefully without going dark. Jaina does the action scenes and doesn't kill Jacen. Ben doesn't have that thing with Tahiri. Allana should be a bit older before dealing with everything.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ben marries Vestara or Seha. Jaina starts the Fel Dynasty and Allana becomes the prophesied Queen bringing grace and peace right up until her death 127 ABY.

21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Krayt reveals his true identity as the resurrected Ikrit...Who teams up with Waru, Shadowspawn, Triclops, and Vergere to destroy the universe, nullifying reality and giving rise to alternate reality in which the Solos have only one son named Ben...

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Less so since the nanokiller.

Roan marrying Allana's daughter would make them second cousins, no? That's not especially awful.

Ania being related to them makes no sense with the Solo surname unless Tahiri had Jacen's child maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    How should the character arcs of Jaina, Ben, and Allana have ended?

Something like this....

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Hmm Tahiri with Jacen's baby that would be an interesting fanfic.

25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Jaina should have gotten character development beyond the tired and meaningless "Sword of the Jedi" schtick. Nobody ever had any idea what it meant, and all it served to do was derail her potential arcs and growth. Sue Rostoni literally said that Jacen had to die at the end of Legacy of the Force so that the Sword of the Jedi prophecy could be fulfilled --- note the word "fulfill," which is defined as "bring to completion." But then the Fate of the Jedi planning team made it five books into their series before realizing that they had forgotten to plan out a role for Jaina beyond cuddling in Jag's lap every book, and so she says "Well I can't marry Jag because I'm the Sword of the Jedi!" ... What?

She was a fantastic character with so much potential, and she deserved better than that one-note definition upon which they kept falling back. Hell, she was the last survivor of the Solo dynasty --- that kind of pressure and how she reacted to it could have defined her post-LOTF role in a much better way than "Cuddle with Jag, kill Sith because I'm the Sword of the Jedi, repeat."

Elliah Fel was only tentatively connected to the Hapes Consortium with a single line stating that the Hapans blamed Roan Fel for her death. I doubt if John & Jan were specifically intending for her to be Allana's descendent so much as throwing in a hint to tease us and leave us guessing.

One thing that Traviss did right with LOTF was make Ben a detective. It gave him some diverse traits and made him unique among his family. His detective skills were only referenced in passing once or twice throughout all of Fate of the Jedi; which is a shame. I would have liked to have seen him make use of them more often. Like, maybe when they chased Vestara from the Maw to Dathomir --- Ben could have taken a few chapters to discover where she'd gone rather than Luke just being like "Dathomir has darksiders on it so she obviously went there."