main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST how should the st end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RC-2473, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    this is just a 'fun' (lol) thread more along the lines of fan fiction than actual speculative discussion but if it's alright let's get this discussion going yeah?

I think many of us have an "ideal" version of how the star wars saga would end if we were writing the stories. inspired by the X-XII thread, I have an idea for one that I think is pretty cool. :y:

in this general outline, snoke, kylo ren, and luke skywalker are all dead by the second act of episode IX. a second villain introduced in episode VIII is the final duel. not writing a whole story here alright just got a few good scenes in my head. so anyway, the trilogy has built up so that the new republic (in exile) and first order are now in direct conflict, and the third act of episode IX is centred around this huge, final battle. finn, rey, and poe, by this point all very good friends, must go their separate ways, and give each other an emotional goodbye. so the battle goes on and at some point rey is in an epic duel with this villain. maybe finn comes to her aid or he's in his own battle idk. anyway rey 'wins' but is killed in battle sacrificing herself or everyone gets blown up or something.

screen goes black. we are taken to a mystical place with a blue aura. we see rey standing alone, somewhat confused. camera pans to reveal luke skywalker in force ghost form. luke tells rey that she has reached the netherworld of the force. he tells her that she has more training to complete, and that she will become more powerful than she ever imagined. then woah, anakin skywalker appears next to her. he says that he is proud of both of them. the three walk together in a blue light until they disappear.

we are then taken to coruscant (note: this would be the only time coruscant appears in the st and it would only be implied, not said) after an unspecified amount of time. a wide landscape shot reveals a city ravaged by decades of war. only a few gleaming government buildings stand, but a reconstruction effort is clearly in progress. for the first time in sixty years, the dark times are finally over. the camera shows finn and poe, finn implied to be a jedi master and poe an honoured veteran. the two begin discussing what happened, especially with rey and luke. finn looks down into the rubble and notices a pt era artifact (idk what just something from tpm) he looks up to poe and says 'rey will always be with you. the force will always be with you.' and that's the last line in the saga. finn looks into the sky, john williams music crescendos up, and then end credits. ;_; the cliches are making me tear up.

half joking with the presentation but I kind of like that general idea does anyone else have any ideas they came up with in thirty seconds? or should it go to X-XII?

edit: I know this seems dumb cause we haven' even seen the first film but that's not the point and this isn't an actual prediction. :p

2. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I keep envisioning a massive parade on Coruscant for the inauguration of a new Chancellor of the New Republic, and the planet restored to its former glory after falling into ruin. And this is the music I hear:

Tommytom likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Medals, cheering, fireworks, dubstep Star Wars theme.
    da da da dad WUBWUBWBU dnejeeeeeewWUB.
    And all the Ewoks dance.

4. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    As a fan this is a worst nightmare scenario but I really hope they leave it off in an EPIC cliffhanger and then we never know what happens. COULD YOU EVEN IMAGINE. It would be sooooooooooooooo epic and everyone would flip out in both a bad and good way. I think they should do it.

Imagine two main characters that are the only ones to make it through this trilogy and they have a massive lightsaber duel at the very end and one of them is in a life or death position and there's a long slow motion pause while they're looking eachother in the eyes with the score reaching its highest point then BAM. It just CUTS and the credits and music start.

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The ST is showing the Jedi Order formally returning to its past place of glory in the Republic. With the New Order defeated and the New Republic firmly established, the Jedi are given a new temple on Coruscant of which the successors of Luke Skywalker will use for centuries to come.

6. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    This is the post that's gonna get me laughed at, but here it goes:

Rey and Luke fight Darth Plagueis while Poe, Finn, and the Resistance battle Plagueis' First Order Army made up of dark side users and advanced droid soldiers (like Grevious mixed with Terminators). Plagueis overwhelms them both and Rey sacrifices herself to save Luke. Plagueis gloats over this - until suddenly we see a figure - Anakin Skywalker. Together, using the Force, father and son overwhelm the Sith Master and destroy him forever. Meanwhile, the Resistance is losing the fight when suddenly a new force appears - Jedi Masters long dead sweep over the field (like the army of the dead in Return of the King) - giving the Resistance the strength to win the day. Poe and Finn have a quiet moment talking to Yoda, who tells them that Rey's sacrifice created a link from the Netherworld. Poe and Finn are heartbroken to learn of her death, but Yoda tells them not to grieve, but return to the Jedi Temple. Someone is waiting for them.

The Temple is filled with heroes like any good Star Wars ending celebration. Standing watch are Jedi from ages past. Luke stands among them. Poe and Finn see him. He gestures and they look over to find Rey alive and well. They have a happy reunion. Meanwhile, Luke shares knowing nods with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and even Qui-Gon Jinn. He finally faces his father who gives him a bittersweet smile. Luke then turns to Rey, who nods. They both look into the distance and Anakin follows their gaze - Padme and Shmi stand together apart from the crowd. Anakin joins them, eyes filled with happy tears. They embrace. Luke and Rey smile at each other and hug. The celebration continues....the Star Wars end.

Yeah, I'm a sappy fangirl.[face_blush]

KSennia, Immortiss, Ryan Hunt and 4 others like this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    How I would like these to end is the wars finally cease for good. The cyclical violence is getting wearisome. Hopefully they finally realise there is only One Force and it's motive and intent that matters.

8. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    With a post-credits Thanos cameo.

How else?

Shadojoker, ColdLazarou and EviL_eLF like this.
  9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I'd like it to end leaving me absolutely convinced that there's no way there'll be another Star Wars trilogy to follow in a few years. That'll keep with tradition. :D

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  10. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Everybody from the past movies comes back to life + tons of EU and cartoons and there's an epic war everybody battles so epic! Look Ashoka and Plagueis and OMG it's Thrawn and Mara Jade! EPIC! Chewie is a Jedi wearing Mandalorian armor! Wow EPIC! Cloned Evil Sith Luke with clone Palpatine as his apprentice! All-out fight NOBODY CAN KILL ANYBODY WE BATTLE LIKE THIS FOREVER SO EPIC

carlcockatoo likes this.
  11. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    A cliffhanger, involving the destruction of The Force itself.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  12. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Luke returns to Tatooine to become a podracer for Watto.

Teaser Day and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  13. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    With Indy and Marion finally getting marri...oh wait, wrong film.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  14. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Jedi with a TARDIS, I think Luke appearing as a force ghost would be cool. Perhaps he teaches Leia how to do it before he dies.

Rey, Finn, Poe and the droids look on as Luke and Leia appear on both sides of Yoda, smiling at the new heroes.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Luke FINALLY gets those power converters. Better yet, when the new Jedi council is established, the new Jedi, led by Rey, present Luke with the power converters he's always wanted (little does he know Rey actually got these at a pawn shop on Jakuu which leads us right into Episodes 10-12 when the former owners come looking for them)

16. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Not in a victory celebration because we already got that. Personally I'd like the Star Wars equivalent of the Last Crusade ending with the heroes flying together off into space to live happily ever after, or onto their next adventure depending on your point of view.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    A happy ending would be welcome for me. Whatever may happen, I simply want to enjoy it.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke walks off into the desert of Tatooine and disappears into the Force.

20. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Luke is in an arena, surrounded by Sith lords who are loudly cheering him, and he delivers this impassioned speech:

"I came here tonight, and I didn't know what to expect. I seen a lot of people hating me and I didn't know what to feel about that, so I guess I didn't like you much not either. During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing-- the way you feel about me, and the way I felt about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. What I'm trying to say is that if I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!!"

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    So... you want the Yuuzhan Vong to invade the Galaxy? ;)

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    They didn't really try to destroy the Force. A plague or whatever the heck Darth Traya was doing in KOTOR 2 would be more appropriate.

darklordoftech, Rabs and EviL_eLF like this.
  23. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    He said cliffhanger involving... obviously Star Wars isn't going to destroy the force... either way though, both are good examples I think. ;)

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Given enough time, the Vong probably could have come up with something that could destroy the Force but hadn't in the series.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  25. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Continue any franchise long enough with different people and all kinds of silly ideas can come and go. If Mr. Spock can fight Wolverine and Thor can be a woman...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.