main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY How should the Star Wars Saga be viewed for a first time viewer?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rodan70, Oct 3, 2006.

?

How should the Star Wars Saga be viewed for a first time viewer?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Should it be in order? (1,2,,3,4,5,6,)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. or the way we say the Saga? (4,5,6,1,2,3,)

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
  2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I actually like the idea of watching them in a different order. First you watch 4, & 5 so that you see what a ba@$$ vader is and then after Empire you flash back to see how he became who he is and watch 1, 2, 3. Then to cap the whole saga off you watch jedi. So my order would be
    4,5,1,2,3,6 pv

3. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    It hurts me to the core to say this but I agree with PV. Heather watched the saga for the first time this way and she loved it (or she would have become homeless)

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I prefer to just end it with Empire so there is a happy ending.

(You Rebel lovers)

5. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I too agree with PV(Thats a sign of the APOCALYPSE kids)just treat 1,2 & 3 like a flashback.

6. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005

If you two are so reluctant to agree with me, then be original and come up with your own ideas. pv

7. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Well, how about watching the entire saga in reverse, while hitting rewind from finish to start. It would be great for anyone with Dyslexia :D

8. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Actually PV I read that somewhere on the net the same week as you months ago so I'm not really agreeing with you but if I had to come up with a way to watch the saga thats completely original it would be evens first(2,4,6)and odds second(1,3,5).Sith and Empire back to back thats awesome!!

9. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    How about a multi-disc changer and just hit shuffle?

10. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Does anyone know anyone who has watched them out of order and what the results were?

I'm almost thinking that the order of release is still the best. I had someone watch I,II,III, thought they went together to make an outstanding saga, and then thought IV was hokey and hard to understand (probably not helped by so much of the stuff that was "twisted" and "left out" by Obi-wan about Vader, the Clone wars and the jedi), and then that V and VI were just okay - Imagine that.

I feel the IV, V, I, II, III, IV method some have talked about would not be good. Can you all imagine, thinking you've never seen Jedi and the feeling you had right after Empire, to have had to have seen Episode I? For some reason I don't think this will work as expected to a new audience.

Perhaps in the prequels, it would have been better for Padme to have been a forbidden jedi that ended up pregnant but it was left ambiguous from whom because Obi-wan and Anakin could both had a thing for her - ultimately battling over her love and Vader's lust for power. So, then, if you would watch the movies in numerical order, you would never really know that the twins are Luke and Leia (especially if their names aren't mentioned) and may not even associate the babies with the characters in IV because it suddenly jumps so much and time. Then throughout the movie, the passing time and the connections come to pass, and everything remains a surprise. And wouldn't it have been cool to have Padme as a jedi?

Of course, this is all because I think that by the time you see the birth and you know their names, and what takes place in III, the inconsistencies in IV and V sort of bother a new audience, not to mention the retro FX.

Then there's the unfinished, untied up feeling left by the end of III, so that it's kind of hard to watch them in release order. Heck, that may have been done on purpose just to make us go back and watch, and buy again, the OT. Over and over and over. So that we're always there trying to figure out how things go together and never get the true closure that Lucas could have given us.

But, ultimately, I don't think you can go wrong with release date order. And for those that want to be different, here's another suggestion - 1, 4, 5, 2, 3, 6. Think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.