main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How should the transition to a PT forum go?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Strilo , Dec 31, 2004.

?

How should the transition to a PT forum go?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Start the PT Forum now, roll TPM/AOTC into it now and ROTS into it in June.

44.6%
  2. Start the PT Forum now, roll TPM/AOTC into it in June and ROTS after the ROTS DVD release.

2.7%
  3. Start the PT Forum in June, roll TPM/AOTC into it in June and ROTS after the ROTS DVD release.

6.8%
  4. Start the PT Forum in June, roll TPM/AOTC/ROTS into it after the ROTS DVD release.

1.4%
  5. Start the PT Forum after the ROTS DVD release and roll TPM/AOTC/ROTS into it gradually.

40.5%
  6. Do not create a PT forum, leave TPM, AOTC and ROTS forums.

2.7%
  7. Other

1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
  2. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Mod Squad is currently discussing options on how the process of moving to a Prequel Trilogy forum will unfold. Many different ideas have been tossed around. Before we go any further, we would like feedback on what the forum regulars think. We have tried to select a variety of poll options that reflect the various opinions of the mods participating in the discussions. Please select one of the options. Feel free to post your thoughts on the matter as well.

3. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Picked `Start the PT Forum now....'

People have always said there's enought to talk about in each separate forum. I say this will help bring more topics still. People may see different opinions should such a merger happen, as some like TPM more than AOTC and the other way around. More friendly but strong debate couldn't hurt.

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Start the PT Forum after the ROTS DVD release and roll TPM/AOTC/ROTS into it gradually

5. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    I say just start it now.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Wait until the trilogy is finished. No point in having a forum for an incomplete trilogy. Besides, we've waited this long....

7. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I think we should have a forum for each movie. As in, we should create new forums for ANH ESB and ROTJ, while keeping the classic trilogy forum.

We should then add a prequel trilogy forum. That should cover the bases without sacraficing the benefits of sorting topics by film when appropriate.

8. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Start the PT Forum after the ROTS DVD release and roll TPM/AOTC/ROTS into it gradually.

9. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    I have also posted this over on the AOTC Fourm

I have had this idea for a united PT fourm and SW Message Boards for awhile now.

Right now: Keep the 3SA, 3NSA, AOTC, and TPM as they are.

After May 19, 2005: Roll AOTC and TPM into the NEW PT Fourm. The 3SA and 3NSA will become one unified board that holds initial reactions/clarifications about Revenge of the Sith. This will become the New ROTS board.

After November ROTS DVD Release: The New ROTS board wil remain standing until December 31, 2005 for DVD talk.

After January 1, 2006: The New ROTS board and the PT board will now join into one, complete PT board. A New board is created for anticipation for the SW Saga Boxset. This board will run from January 2006 to it's release TBD 2007. On this board could be talk of changes to the SW Saga.*

Final: One Complete Saga Fourm, One Complete PT Fourm, One Complete OT Fourm. The boxset board will joined with the Complete Saga board after its possible release.

You will now have:
    1. Complete Six SW Movie Saga Fourm
    2. Complete PT Fourm
    3. Complete OT Fourm

*The Saga Boxset is still up in the air. This is only if we have a boxset for the big 30th Celebration.

CloneCommander07

10. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    ^^I agree wholeheartedly.

11. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Go-Mer, creating new OT forums isn't on the table. This place just cannot generate enough traffic and conversation for individual OT movies. In light of this, does one of the polled options look good to you?

12. CloneCommander07

Jul 24, 2004
    Thank you, JMZ.

You see, I love these Jedi Council Boards. Each and every single one of them. To me, that idea seems a logistical way to create a new board to keep new talk going as well as combining the boards to simplify the Jedi Council Board List.

I really wish the moderators would take my idea into consideration. I really do think that that could work out nicely. The new Saga boxset will generate traffic and keep the users talking about something new while allowing for discussion on old boards.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I think the prequel boards should stay as they are until the release of Episode III and it's resulting furvor have come to pass.

Then after things die down, roll all the prequels into one prequel forum.

I think doing it now would be too confining for the Episode III release.

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003

Well - I don't think ROTS should be amalgamated until loong after it's release. I mean it's gonna be generating a LOT of traffic for quite a while and tpm and aotc threads would just get lost under it .

Here's my idea - merge tpm and aotc soon.

Then merge both ROTS boards in June .

Then wait until next Xmas and see if it's time to merge them .

Is there a voting option for that ^ ?

g

15. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Merge TPM and AOTC into a single forum in June. Merge ROTS with it around Thanksgiving of this year. Put TPM and AOTC in the inactive forum category.

If possible, please salvage the chapter discussions on both here and AOTC. I will be wrapping them up in late April, with ROTS starting in December.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd merge TPM & AOTC right now; leave ROTS alone for quite awhile-it's the last flick, and might turn out to be the best, so give it it's own unique forum.

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I think the second option is most what you're talking about, gez.

18. CloneCommander07

Jul 24, 2004
    I'm defending my idea for one reason like this:

Moleman1138's chapter discussions are still going and from what I've heard, will complete both in the TPM fourm and AOTC fourm in few months.

Creating a unified PT board might cause confusion of having two chapter discussions on one fourm.

That's why, you should hold off on creating one PT board until after ROTS's release on May 19, 2005.

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Sorry but those threads are not sufficient reason to hold off merging the forums if the decision is made to...

20. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    i voted don't create a pt forum, but i'm not passionate about the subject really

21. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    As long as Stryphe and Stilo are in as mods - I'm down for whatever.

22. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I paid Hudnall to say that. [face_mischief]

23. DEEPBLUE

DEEPBLUE Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2003
    "Start the PT Forum now, roll TPM/AOTC into it now and ROTS into it in June."

yep. no more of this "take it to the aotc forum" nonsense.

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I paid Stryphe to pay Hudnall to say that.

25. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Start the PT Forum after the ROTS DVD release and roll TPM/AOTC/ROTS into it gradually.

That is my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.