main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How star wars applies to every day life

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by galaxie_gal89, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galaxie_gal89

galaxie_gal89 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    I just got to thinking, what are some ways that star wars applies to everyday life... for example, the uniforms in the empire are based off of the Nazis, what are some other ideas?

2. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I have a poster hanging in my room that tells how Star Wars applies...

Try not. Do. Or Do not. There is no try. (don't give up, don't be satisfied with only trying)
    Anger, fear and aggression lead to the dark side.(ie, its bad.)
    In seeking your destiny, patience is your ally. (sounds like good advice to me)
    ALWAYS let the Wookiee win! (probably the best advice anyone can ever give you)
    When judging people, size matters not. (nor does color, sex, or size of their bank account)
    Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops. (at least it gives the fellows at NASA a starting point. They can rule out using a crop duster as a space vehicle. Good to know.)
    There is no such thing as luck. (Just ask Notre Dame's football team, WAAHAAHAAHAA)
    Don't underestimate the Force. (don't underestimate anyone, I would say.)
    You must follow your own path; no one can choose it for you. (Be true to yourself)
    Keep your promises, even if they take you far, far away. (You never know what's out there until you find it)
    Pass on what you have learned. (similar to those who forget history are doomed to repeat it)
    If it smells bad on the outside, it's worse on the inside. (AMEN!)
    The possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. (good for NASA to know too)
    Wars do not make one great. (but, how you conduct yourself during war could)
    Faith in your friends is a strength, not a weakness. (true friendship is stronger than steel)
    In your pursuit of peace and justice, remember, the Force will be with you, always. (if you are religious, this could mean God will give you strength, if you aren't religious, it could mean you have to join the Police.)

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
  4. The Empire's use of 'Stormtroopers' is a reference to the Third Reich as may be the Empire's prominent use of black, white, and red. Vader's helmet also resembles those of Nazi troops.

5. The rise of Palpatine incorporated Hitler and Caesar

6. Nute Gunray is named after former Republican speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and former President Ronald Reagan(rayGun to Gunray.)

7. Lott Dodd is named after US Senators Trent Lott and Christopher Dodd.

8. Lucas said in the 80s that Palpatine incorporated Hitler, Caesar, and Nixon.

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi is likely partially named after an Obi.

10. The Jedi Order gets it's name from the Jedai geki which is the genre of Samurai Adventure films such as The Seven Samurai.

11. Yoda's face was inspired by that of Einstein and the person who created the puppet.

12. Yoda's name could be connected with Yoddha which is the Sanskrit word for warrior, the Hebrew word "Yodea" which means 'he who knows', or yoga.

13. Lucas got Anakin's name from his friend Ken Annakin though it also translates into "warrior" in Sanskrit.

14. Lucas got the name Luke from his own last name/nick name, though it also translates into "bringer of light" in Hebrew.

15. Edit: None of those are really 'everyday' life though I guess.

16. JediPrimePA

JediPrimePA Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2007
    Luke Skywalker's lightsaber prop went into space.

17. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    I think for Order 66 Lucas got some inspiration from the puge of the Order of the Knights Templar in the middle ages and from Kristallnacht.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.