main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Star Wars ruined my life...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by AcklayComeHome, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    What you really need to do is find some more people around you that like Star Wars. That will help out with the whole friend thing... I'm the financial problem guy. I spend way to much on eBay on SW junk (treasure to me... junk to others).

2. MasterWilkin

MasterWilkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    Bjork you got that right. At least in Star Wars everyone is sort of interesting, with family you're stuck with what you've got. And what's worse is family doesn't appreciate the capabilities of a dual-phase lightsaber, what's up for Ep. III, etc. So you can't even have a stimulating discussion around the holiday table.

And if they insinuate that I need to get a life one more time I swear....

3. SexyStarWarschic

SexyStarWarschic Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Anakinwindumundii Oh thank god! No offense it's just if you were asking me out and if you lived in California then my friend Andrew who is a Sophmore whould probably kick your ass! I wouldn't tell him to he just has this werid thing about guys hitting on me or trying to beat me up will get destroyed by him! Personally I think he watches a little to much DBZ! Well got to run! So are you a freshman like me? Or a Sophmore?

4. AnakinwinduMundii

AnakinwinduMundii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    sophmore..big 05, wat school do you go to

5. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    well to put it simply im sorry you feel that it ruined your life but dont let that get 2 ya!!!!

6. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    The order of importance in my life:

Star Wars
    Fanfiction
    My livejournal
    My website
    Shakespeare
    LoTR
    Harry Potter
    Any thing else web-related
    Diagraming Sentences
    Family
    School

Star Wars is a very healthy obsession. Just tell your families you're going to grow up and build all the stuff you see, and then they'll be able to holo people and stuff. Very very cool.

I am alone in my family Star Wars-wise. Though my brothers pretend to like it, but don't really know squat, and think they do. I have one friend who knows about Star Wars, but she doesn't like to talk about it, just read the EU. Boooring. And she likes Mara, and unforgivable sin in my circle of friends. ;)

In short, I feel your pain. Hug your stuffed ewok and get on with your SW-centered life. There is no escape, and there should not be. Love the fandom. Live the fandom. Be a fan. (exeunt)

7. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    I go to Rodriguez High School! Why do you live in California?

8. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    Waddya mean why do I live in Cali lol. I been here all my life. Its coo down here, do you ever come 2 cali tho!?

O yea im a sophmore at Pacific Hills School

9. MilleniumIstraShavas

MilleniumIstraShavas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    lol I hear ya. I do this with lots of things -- From books to movies to games... I tend to be rather obssessed over them alot...especially ones where I can relate to the characters...lol, I was neve rhuge on Star Wars till i saw Episode II and well its turned me into a die hard fan now. Although Ill admit it, I dont own any of them on Video or DVD...im gonna wait till episode III comes out on DVD and buy the huge DVD Box set Lucas will make :)

Anyways, I feel your pain :) --

PS I talk to my shrink about it :) Shrinks = Good

10. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm Mike, from California and I'm a Jediholic. Yes, It consumes me. It traps me. It urges me. It changes me. For the past year and a half I guess I have been obsessed with Star Wars. I buy anything I can get my hands on. I watch the films now with a new sense of admiration and pride. I dont just see a Dual between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan anymore. I ball my eyes out when Yoda dies, (more than usuall) I can't stop thinking about wanting to live in Coruscant. It's always on my mind. I get these urges to write my own stories taking place in Star Wars. The more I learn, the more I want to know. I can talk about it for hours. And I really do know a lot. Sometimes it bugs me, and it feels like there is nothing else in my life.

I Need Help.

11. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    we all need a big group hug!!!!

12. MilleniumIstraShavas

Nov 27, 2002
    lol Although, after posting that message I went and downloaded the Music Video for Episdoe II, and honestly it brought chills down my spine and the hint of tears to my eyes. /sighs -- I always love the orchestra..

BTW, is it just me or is John Williams a freaking genious?? Across the Stars is an Amazing song -- Lots of emotion went into it...

13. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    No I ment why, do you live in California or somehting? I'm sorry I ment it that way! I have lived in California for a year! I'm a Freshman! (Yuck I despise being a Freshman it sucks hell!) So what part do you live in? I live in Fairfield well actually Cordeilla which is near Napa! It's really pretty up here! Except hardly anyone likes Star Wars :(

14. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    I watch the Star Wars movies any chance I can get! Thats how obessed I'm and most of my Christmas list is composed of Star Wars crap that I want! Hell I even want Star Wars sheets! Pretty sad uh?

15. maceskyoda1

maceskyoda1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    I have no friends either so i can't go to movies and now im fat from sitting in my room reading.lol.i feal your pain.

16. starwarssisterleia

starwarssisterleia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2002
    I agree with SexyStarWarschic: Being a freshman sucks A LOT. The best part is that I can beat seniors who love SW with some of my SW knowledge. But I hate being a freshman.......SW ruined my life because I have 2 websites and can't get enough of SW trivia. The funny thing is, when i first started liking SW in the 5th grade, I failed that quarter. My parents threated to ban SW from me, so I studied like heck, eventually bringing my grades back up. If your grades are suffering, give your SW stuff to a friend for safe keeping util your grades go up. Then get the stuff back. I know that may be torture, but so is repeating a grade ;)

*~Katie~*

OoOoOo gosh, i feel like a shrink :D

17. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    SSWC- I live in Inglewood California, its in L.A. Where did you live before!?

18. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    But is anyone else like this?

I am a bit like you man, I mean I do spend nearly every time I can on this forum and doing digital star wars wallpapers. I think I know how you feel, and I realy am sad for you. My social life is not that good either, I hardly ever talk to people when I come out of school but in school I'm sort of alright, but I'm at the *lower end of the social line*. Try and cheer yourself up mate. Don't feel down, if you do need to chat just PM me. Hope you start to feel better soon :(.

19. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    Hey, why is everyone here talking about school and how SW distracts
    you from classes? What kind of ages are you?
    I suddenly feel too old... :)

20. MilleniumIstraShavas

Nov 27, 2002
    lol Makro, Im feeling old too. Although I go to class (college) It doesnt really distract me. Everyone else here seems to still be in High School lol :)

21. starwarssisterleia

starwarssisterleia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2002
    So what if im in High School? j/p ;)

Katie

PS~I don't think anyone is too old in this forum ;) ....... :D

22. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    Speaking of HighSchool.....CLASS OF '05!!!!!!!!!

23. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    I'm in my first year of college, that's why the distractions are so bad. I could make excuses through high school, but that doesn't cut it in college. I'll probably barely pass this first semester, and I'll be determined to try harder for next semester.

I really appreciate everyone's responses in this thread. I really didn't expect it to be taken this far, I think this is my biggest thread ever. Thank you all for being so supportive!

24. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Well, I'm a second year college student. I spend too much time on these boards, and am addicted to SW. So far SW hasn't kept me from getting good grades though, even the spring 2002 semester which ended just days before AOTC opened didn't hurt my 3.33 cumulative GPA.

What really annoys me is that people in my family get annoyed when I watch any of the SW movies. They think movies should just be watched once and then that's it.

For Episode III in 2005 I'm going to be fresh out of college, so I'm a little worried there won't be enough time for SW :(

25. AnakinwinduMundii

Jun 26, 2002
    ........sooooooo, anything else.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.