main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Star Wars ruined my life...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by AcklayComeHome, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos9001

chaos9001 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    i started watching star wars as an infant (my grandmothers house, god love her) but didnt understand them really. but then i started heavy into star wars in 97 when i was in 7th grade, i had no friends and was really bored. star wars gave me something to think about. like the morals and everything. then i grew older, so i failed a couple of classes because of my obsession(just algebra, i dont have a long enough attention span for that) but now im not so obsessed, i still read EU and watch the trilogy about 3 times a year, and the PT every month or so. and 2 months ago i got a star wars tattoo, the saga is part of my life, but doesnt dominate it. in conclusion, ruined no....enhanced yes.

2. chaos9001

chaos9001 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    why do posts always die right after i post in them......:(

3. superxero88

superxero88 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    Also, my social life has gone downhill since my obsession. These forums have become my best friend, and pretty nearly my only friend. No matter where I am or what I am doing, 90% of the time I'm awake every day is spent thinking of Star Wars. I don't like living this way, but I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Friends, huh
    Social Life, huh
    An teenager craves not these things. Well at least me anyway. All the people I "Know' are fakes. At least two or three I can trust. Everyone else can and probably will get a job a E!. They are all fake, superficial, and realy sad people. 2013 I cant wait.

4. Niarts_Zahc

Niarts_Zahc Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Star Wars is cool but not as cool as your family. Remember that.

5. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Star Wars ruined my life and saved my life at the same time. Because I like Star Wars people constantly call me stupid. But I met someone on this board, and without that person I dont know what I would do. I probably would have killed myself by now.

6. Niarts_Zahc

Feb 19, 2003
    Trekkies are nerds! STAR WARS FOREVER!!!

7. Niarts_Zahc

Feb 19, 2003
    Really? Who?

8. Niarts_Zahc

Feb 19, 2003
    JediMasterKitFisto?

9. Niarts_Zahc

Feb 19, 2003
    People who laugh at us Star Wars fans can go to hell. Also those who make fun of Harry Potter... and Lord of the Rings.

10. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I personaly think Harry Potter is dumb. So you think I should go to hell?

11. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I know exactly how you feel AcklayComeHome. At my school pratically the only friend I could talk to Star Wars about moved. I'm probably the only person in my grade who likes Star Wars. I'm never ashamed of my love of Star Wars. I might even take a hit from one of my Star Wars hating friends. When I found this website, it was like I had found a long lost friend. I guess that's it.

12. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    If I go to hell, it's not because I utterly loathe Harry Potter and am not into Tolkien.

And Star Wars can come before the family. My mother was ok with me going to volunteer at the Attack of the Clones charity screening, even though it was Mother's Day :D
    And it han't ruined my social life. Even if I didn't like Star Wars, people would still be as shallow. That's why I found friends who are Star Wars fans outside of school, and more and more realize how much I loathe all those twits at school :)

13. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Actually, the Weenie knows exactly what the author of this thread means.

Hes going to do himself a favor and leave these boards. Seriously. Later guys.

14. JEDIWBEAR

JEDIWBEAR Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    Find some friends who are also fans, and hang out together whne you visit the boards. They can help you leave to do other things if your on for too long.

There are a lot of worse things you could be doing.

Peace. [face_smile]

15. JEDIWBEAR

JEDIWBEAR Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    OOPS!!!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.