main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How strong will luke be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mercer590, Dec 22, 2015.

1. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    As i remember in the EU he was practically at God level with the force able to destroy entire armies, but im curious as to how strong he will be portrayed in these movies....? We haven't seen anything from him yet other than his outfit and a look at his face. What do you guys think?

2. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    He will be able to bench press 300 lbs. lol

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Strong, but not as strong as Darth Binks..

4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I kind of wondered this after seeing TFA because there were many reports that Mark returned to the gym. Of course, maybe he felt he could look better on camera but it's possible they might portray a more agile Skywalker than we were expecting.

5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This is where I really hope they cherry pick some of the EU Legends material. I felt he was awesome in some of the Novels that I read. He could do some awesome stuff.

6. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    He can kill people with his very mind. Except for when it comes to Snoke, of course. That is a contest that cannot be decided by their knowledge of the Force... but their skills with a lightsaber.

;^)

Vohnkar and sizziano like this.
  7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    If you are talking about the actor Mark Hamill, then yes. If you are talking about the character, I will say he is strong, but I hope they have it where the killing of his students by Ren, has some sort of mental emotion that he has to overcome.

8. Darth Vortex

Darth Vortex Jedi Knight star 1

May 19, 2013
    While he should be proficient with his lightsaber, what I would really want to see would be the casual use of advanced Force powers, similar to what we saw Yoda do in Episode II. Maybe he could use Electric Judgment.

9. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    If it was NJO Luke and if Rey trains for like a month. Good luck to Kylo and Snoke.

10. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014

Agreed, I love how Yoda was so non-chalant about absorbing force lightning. Even more awesome when you realize he had probably never encountered it before Dooku.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  11. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Will he be over 5000? Midichlorians?

He really could be like the Goku of Star Wars as he probably reached the full potential that Anakin would of become if he didn't take a dip in the lava bath. Story wise him being a superman would be hard to write especially if you want Rey to be the new hero in this trilogy. So he needs to have some type of kryptonite or something to limit his powers. Maybe Snoke put some kind of spell on him? Maybe he is weak because of his old age? Maybe he gets killed off right away and just comes back as a ghost?
    If he has close to the chosen ones full power he would be more powerful than Yoda,Mace,or the emperor.

12. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Oh just figured it out! He can't leave the Jedi temple because he is guarding something. It's like a curse he can never leave.

13. DarthC3PO

DarthC3PO Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    I honestly think they are going to kill Luke off in a battle with Snoke in Episode VIII so that Rey can be the most powerful hero.

14. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I'd like to think he is so strong in the force he doesn't need to use his lightsaber, his body is aging meaning he is not as good at lightsaber dueling but his power through the force allows him to fight in other ways, this allows him to let Rey keep the saber.

15. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    I don't know. Is he even that strong in the Force to begin with.. Rey in her first appearance in the saga has shown much more promise than Luke in all his appearances. In the movies at least.

16. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I don't think she has, Luke defeated one of the most powerful Sith lords in Darth Vader, Rey beat a rookie Kylo Ren who was wounded.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  17. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Well she did learn to use the Force much quicker than Luke did. Mind trick, calming yourself to gather strength from within and all that.

18. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    At the moment episode 8 is set up to have Luke training Rey and Snoke training Kylo. So will Luke and Snoke remain the 2 most powerful force users or will Rey and Kylo surpass Luke and Snoke?
    As Snoke would say "we shall see, we shall seeeeee ..........." :D

19. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Maybe we get a Good, Bad and Ugly ending with Rey, Kylo and Snoke fighting each other.

20. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    also luke has a LARGE potential which anakin once had, im sure he has reached this potential by this age. I still want him to use a lightsaber just because its star wars

21. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    We shall see in year and a half. I do hope Luke is more powerful than I can imagine right now.

DARTHSHAME and mercer590 like this.
  22. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    Unlimited power!!!

But seriously I hope he's the strongest force user in Episode VIII. Less seriously, perhaps he'll move the islands he's on to open a hidden entrance to the jedi temple. That would really show off his power levels at this point.

23. Theatre of Tragedy

Theatre of Tragedy Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    My guess he won't be as strong as many think. More like an OT Obi-Wan. I think his main contribution will be his wisdom and teaching, which will bring Rey to her full potential. Then I think it will take Rey and Kylo together to finally defeat Snoke, likely with Kylo having to sacrifice himself to bring it about.

24. wolfwood89

wolfwood89 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    It would be wonderful to see him casually resist Ren's attempt to freeze him, catch a lightsaber blade with his hand, or just put a whole platoon of stormtroopers to sleep with one motion, though the later might make him too powerful to believe the villains could be a threat.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I want his fighting style to have evolved into something closer to what we saw in TPM. Not all backflips and dancing, but definitely more graceful with the occasional force jump/push/pull. It'd be great to finally see an older jedi fight in a way that doesn't require a bunch of obvious CGI, but shows how the force makes physical strength meaningless.

25. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think that episode VIII and IX will demonstrate Luke's powers to establish him as an awesome Force user. He will be toned down from the powers seen in the NJO novels. He cannot be omnipotent, since Snoke has to be seen as a realistic threat.