main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How strong will luke be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mercer590, Dec 22, 2015.

1. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Nope, Luke will fight in Episode 8 or 9, I am very confident in that. They had a 85 year old Christopher Lee fence some and added CGI head mixed-in, with technology and a couple of years of training for Mark Hamill, they'll pull it off the right way. Ian McDiarmid also fought in ROTS.

I have no idea how it goes down. I could see many different scenarios:

#1 - Snoke and Kylo vs Luke and Rey
    #2 - Snoke vs Luke
    #3 - Luke vs other KoR

Whatever battle Luke fights, he's going to kill the bad guy. So for Kylo's sake, he better hope he's not involved.

mercer590 likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Personally, I hope Rian and Colin portray him to be so powerful that he makes Yoda, Mace Windu, and Darth Sidious look like chumps.

3. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    Luke will most likely be the most powerful force user we have ever seen. I fully expect something that will blow my mind. Hopefully he just snaps Snokes neck like a twig.

JediLight likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if it turns out that Rey is Luke's daughter, you'd assume at this point he's almost as powerful as that Apocalypse character in the new X-Men movie is. If he trained her, and she can already use mind tricks like a natural Jedi, he must be able to lift mountains with his pinky now.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Luke going into self imposed exile following Ben's betrayal and the Academy massacre, alludes to the very fact that Luke Skywalker has been a broken man..His purity of emotion and belief toward his fathers goodness was what shone through and saved the day before. This betrayal must've been very fierce to impel Luke to do this..

6. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    yes, he has to survive through the trilogy cause he is the last of the jedi, if he dies the jedi are dead.

7. jimmy92186

jimmy92186 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015

I did say the clone wars show added depth to that but I meant that the movies showed the Jedi to treat the clones like cannon fodder. Obviously, this is how war is a lot of the times but for a group of people who have such a close connection with life, they can treat it indifferently at times. A lot of that is the freedom from emotion that they espouse. But I think this can be a weakness. Their coldness had a lot to do with Anakin's fall, in my opinion. I guess I see Luke creating an order that accepts emotions as natural and while you don't want emotions to rule, they can still be acknowledged and used. In the EU, Luke's close relationships enhanced his abilities, motives, will, etc. He used them as a positive force, at least in most cases.