main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How The Saga Could Continue

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Anakin's Daddy, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Lucas did once say that the droids would be in all nine films.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    And he once said it was the story of Luke, and then Darth Vader, and now it is the story of the Skywalker family. Let's not forget that Lucas himself called the PT the backstory.

7-9 has to do with his original story, and not the newly fabricated Darth Vader story - which is NOT his "original" story.

Post Jedi, he said it was 9 episodes. Then he said he wouldn't make ANY more movies, which he changed in the early 90's.

All you need is the characters from the OT as the basis, new characters can be added. This is what was done for the PT with the TF, Dooku, Maul, etc. Handful of previously existing characters with many more new characters added.

Exactly. He said they were the only characters in all 9 films and that at the end of E9 it flashes forward to the droids telling the story to children.

3. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I remember that "the films are told by the droids" point Lucas made in the '80's.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I swear to god I remember seeing a kenner commercial that said Lucas had signed to do 12 more SW movies with Fox.

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    While we're on this topic of "I swear I saw this thing related to the sequel trilogy(ies)," does anyone else remember this? The starwars.com site, way back when (maybe 1998-99?). The layout included a black background (IIRC) with the roman numerals for the films and still collages as links to each film's detailed information. There were links for 1, 4, 5, and 6... but spots for 1-9. Does that make any sense, and anyone else remember this?

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    This has been brought up several times, with no definite conclusion either way. I seem to recall the same thing, but I might be simply remembering the spots for Eps II & III that were greyed out & didn't link.

Both Rick McCallum & Steven Spielberg mentioned the existence of Eps VII-IX as late as 1999, but only in the sense that they didn't know if they would ever get made. I suspect the only chance that we'll ever find out the truth about these episodes is if Rick McCallum is ever allowed to say anything. He probably does know, & unlike GL, isn't inclined to say "They never existed, the media made it up."

7. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Yes, but how trustworthy is he? I seem to recall information given out during the prequel-waiting times that was very far from what actually ended up on the screen. I suppose one could chalk that up to him wanting to throw people off or something, and he wouldn't necessarily have that motive while not actively making a movie. But it could end up just as confused as what Gary Kurtz had to say about the prequels and sequels.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No, I do remember that very thing. I was a big follower of all things SW website once it debuted(remember the little sandspeeder that directed you to the site?).

The numerals for 9 films was there.

But I think Lucas changed his mind.

But he can change it again! :p

9. angellla29

angellla29 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    He promises will make 9 episodes....but George Lucas not kept his words....Maybe he will change his minds

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Lucas is 65, his other projects will take the next few years, and even if he would be interested of future episodes after the Live TV series gets going around the year 2012, his slow working style would mean that he would be close to 80 when he would be finished with them. That's why I think that a sequel trilogy where GL himself is in one or more of the roles of writer, director and producer almost certainly won't happen, but door is open for movies without his touch, I guess.

11. angellla29

angellla29 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    Another director maybe...but LucasFilm MUST do these movies...George Lucas maybe will be writter but these sequel trilogy NEED to be make...For all the fans of SW around the world!Don't dissapoint us George!!!! We believe in you...

12. xenoalways

xenoalways Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm planning on doing a fan series which details are a little vague right except the fact that in my series will consist of what takes place between ANH, ESB, and ROTJ and possibly beyond it to basically go in accordance with the book. Can anyone help with acquiring environments so I can greenscreen it in.

To start off with I need the following:

Tosche Station
    Owen Residence
    death star interior
    star destroyer interior
    millenium falcon interior
    Jedi temple (post force unleashed)
    and several others I cnt really think of right off hand.

Can someone help with this dilemma?

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hi xeno!

I suggest you head on over to the FanFilms forum. They are better placed to offer advice :)

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10015&page=1

14. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Tosche_Station doesn't do 'greenscreen'....[face_shame_on_you]

15. grimlockbedi

grimlockbedi Jedi Master star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    You can view a snapshot of the Star Wars website from December 2nd 1998 here:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19981202100519/http://starwars.com/

No episodes VII, VIII, or IX.

You can see other snapshots from all different time periods here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://starwars.com

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    The OS opened in late '96/early '97 though. I don't see that up there.

And the archive doesn't show the actual front pages as they were presented. They look like a condensed versions. :confused:

17. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    I had checked archive.org, and not having found what I expected, became confused as to my own memories, which is why I posted the question. I still think I remember that setup...

18. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Well I'm confused now too because I could swear they had 7,8,9 when it first opened up. Maybe this is just another "I saw the Biggs scene in the film in '77!" things. :)

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, or starfighters crashing into the DS2 energy field in Return Of The Jedi. Nice mix of Independence Day + Return Of The Jedi novel. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.