main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends How the Solos Stole Life Day--a holiday challenge response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This challenge for the holidays was given to me by AgentJaid. Thanks, sis!
    "Now, you kids be good for Threepio," Mama commanded. "I've got a very important meeting to go to and I don't want you giving him trouble."

"We're always good," seven-year-old Jaina Solo protested. "It's just he doesn't like jokes."

"That he doesn't," Mama sighed, "but don't worry. He and Winter are going to bring you to the party later and I'll have fun with you then."

Jacen nudged her excitedly, nodding towards the tree in the corner. There was one just like it in the Palace courtyard, only ten times taller and if they were good, they were going to see it light up tonight.

"All right," Jacen said innocently. "We'll be good."

Papa was looking uncomfortable, probably because he was wearing that weird-looking shirt again, the one that made Mama say that he was very handsome. She never seemed to say that when he wore normal shirts, but Papa didn't ever complain about it when he wore normal shirts.

"Try not to burn anything down," he suggested.

Mama always thought they'd get in trouble. Sure, they usually did, but it wasn't fair to leave them with Threepio.

"We'll meet you right by the big tree," Mama promised, "at 2100."

"That's five whole hours," Jaina whined.

"Don't worry," Papa said. "I'm sure Threepio knows some stories."

Mama was pulling him towards the door, which she always did when he was saying something she wasn't happy about. Apparently, Papa giving Threepio ideas was one of those things.

Finally, the door shut and they were left staring sadly at Threepio.

"It's no fair," Jacen muttered. "At least Anakin gets to stay with Uncle Luke."

They sat on the couch, swinging their legs and staring around, looking for something a lot more interesting than Threepio.

"We don't even get to decorate the tree 'cause Mama has to say boring things," Jacen grumbled.

"They're not boring, they're just grown up," Jaina corrected. "And Mama gets to wear pretty dresses."

"Yuck," Jacen said. "You can't eat chocolate cream in those pretty dresses because they're too pretty and Dad never wants to do anything fun in his weird shirts. He just wants to go home and take it off."

"You, too," Jaina shot back.

"Yeah, me too!" he yelled. "They hurt my neck."

"Children?" Threepio asked.

"And you look funny in them," Jaina giggled.

"Children?"

"At least I look handsome..."

"Children?"

"No you don't..."

"Children!"

They stopped to look angrily at Threepio. "What?"

"May I make a suggestion?"

Jaina shrugged. "Sure."

"I am acquainted with the location of the Life Day decorations," he offered. "We could certainly prepare a delightful surprise for General and Princess Solo by decorating the tree."

Finally, Threepio was going to be good for something!

"Great idea!" Jaina squealed. "I'll get the tinsel!"
    The tree looked most delightful, Threepio reflected, and Mistress Solo would be most pleased with the result. There was tinsel, lights that twinkled most brilliantly, and plenty of ornaments, even if he couldn't dissuade the children from hanging those ghastly orange ornaments. Surely General Solo would veto those as soon as he returned home.

"It looks wonderful," he assured them as Jaina thoughtfully contemplated yet another strand of tinsel. "Almost exactly like the one at the Palace plaza."

"Yeah," Jaina crowed triumphantly. "It looks just like that one."

"No it don't," Jacen protested.

"Doesn't," Threepio corrected.

"Well, it don't," Jacen snapped. "That one has like a billion more lights."

"Of course it does," Jaina retorted. "It's like a billion times bigger."

This was simply unacceptable.

"It is precisely 9.329 meters larger," he finished. "And I think that if we went to the control center on the third floor, you would be able to ascertain exactly how many lights are being used."

"A field trip!" Jacen said unnecessarily loud. "You're brilliant, Threepio!"

"Oh," he sai

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Oops. Threepio's in big trouble. [face_devil]

Very funny Christmasy vignette! [face_laugh]

3. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very funny Poe! Good job.

4. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Papa was looking uncomfortable, probably because he was wearing that weird-looking shirt again, the one that made Mama say that he was very handsome. She never seemed to say that when he wore normal shirts, but Papa didn't ever complain about it when he wore normal shirts.

But Papa does look good in his dress shirts...[face_love]

I like how Jacen and Jaina saved Life Day - even if they almost ruined it...

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    ....and the bell goes off in Han's brain.... *ding* I'll bet that scoundrel will think it's funny, too!

Great job! :D :D

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh poor 3PO - it didn't take long for Jacen and Jaina to get the better of him.

Wonderful job on this!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks. When AgentJaid went "Do something about how Jacen and Jaina nearly stole Christmas...like lighting the Christmas tree on fire or doing something that ruined the day..." I thought, "I HAVE to have a spontaneously combusting Christmas tree!" Yeah, and poor 3po.

He'll think it's funny. I think Leia will assume that it's because they're HIS kids.

Heehee, yes, he DOES look good in his dress shirts. The way I scripted J&J was based on my 6-year-old nephew who is very odd at times.

Thanks, Rish.

THanks, Kudzu. I love getting threepio into trouble.

8. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wonderful, pretty, good story! [face_dancing] =D=[:D]

So much fun to read! Well done!

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey, Han looks good in any shirt, but the dress shirts? Really good!!!

Cute story DarthIshtar!

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was so cute!

I want to thank Mel for giving you this idea, and thank you for writing it. So...

Thank you.[:D]

11. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    This story felt as if it jumped from scene to scene too quickly, there was no description of what had happened in between. All it needed was a sentence to show the reader what was going on, but I suppose it was a long story & you had to fit alot in. Other than that, this was a very cute story I look forward to more of your fan fiction. Keep on writing!

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mama always thought they'd get in trouble. Sure, they usually did, but it wasn't fair to leave them with Threepio.

A very childlike thought!! LOL HA!!! That was great. Loved how the kids still managed to get into trouble just like Jacen thought. Loved the ending with Han wondering about thier own tree exploding! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

13. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Very cute!

I loved it especially the last line.

Good Job!

14. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Funny stuff! Poor Threepio. Watching over the Solo kids is really too much to ask of him.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree, which is a manifestation of just how much Han hates Threepio.

I'm glad you liked the last line. I was guiltily snickering at it.

Thanks, Leona and a very happy b-day to you! I always thought it inevitable that the kids of Han Solo would be troublemakers.

Thanks so much for giving that suggestion. I'll bear it in mind for the future. I didn't want it to drag unnecessarily and I can see where that was a disadvantage. Thanks, as well, for your encouragement.

Uhoh... I feel like I'm getting my cheeks pinched with the word cute. ;) Thanks!

16. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

OMG, they sound just like Grampa Anakin as a child.

17. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *laughs happily* Oh sis! That was so cute!!! And yes, the tree literally, lit up. :D I pity the children, they'll be grounded for sure. But Han was brilliant!! And I liked how Jaina thought her mom's dress' were pretty.

AND THE TREE BURST INTO FLAMES!!! :D

*is brilliant*

O:)

But no seriously, that was... pretty darn near perfect. And muchly cute. *pinches your cheeks* [face_devil] MWAHA!!!

But were there REALLY 15,000 lights? And did they know this because they counted them all individually or because they asked someone?

18. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, that was great! [face_laugh]

I think there's something in the Solo/Skywalker genes that creates disasters and then fixes them, or tries to. :D

Anyways, that was a really sweet, funny story. Nice work! =D=

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree. They've got this search-and-destroy function that started with the droid control ship...

Thanks!

They asked. You know, those cute little kids who want to sit on your lap and figure out everything and then end up being possessed and wanting to pull a Carrie on you? Okay, maybe that's just the kids I babysat for...

LOL, thanks.

20. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Wonderful Viggie!

I wonder if Han and Leia have those babysitter spy cameras installed? You know...so they can make sure their little munchkins aren't abusing 3PO! [face_laugh]

Merry Christmas Master Ishy!

"Heart"

21. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I [face_love] Threepio in this!

What a wonderful holiday fic! Just perfect to start off the celebrations [:D]

22. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    .... What is a "Carrie"?

23. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Cute!! Sounds like something my sister would do.

24. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Tricksy Solo twin kids! :D

They ruined and saved Life day, how very skywalker of them. :p

Waaaay Cute Ish!
    =D=

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, thanks, SoE. :) It is very Skywalker of them.

LOL, it's more like my nephew than my siblings.

In the Stephen King book "Carrie", Carrie White gets ridiculed by her fellow students and goes on a pyromaniac killing spree, demolishing about 80% of her town by spontaneous combustion. I've always wanted to see the movie.

Awww, glad you like Threepio. He's very hard to write for me!

Thanks, Padawan Hearty... Spy cameras would be good--not to catch 3po or the kids, but to laugh hysterically at the droid's misfortune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.