main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How the ST and Spin Offs Tie Together

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by datoupee, Jun 25, 2014.

1. datoupee

datoupee Jedi Master

Apr 9, 2001
    Based on several recent rumors from various sources, I put together this basic chart below to show how continuity between the ST and Spin Offs may tie together. What do you think? It's kind of like the Marvel formula but structured a bit differently.

EP7
    | = Han Searches for Luke

| = Solo Dies
    | = Introduction of Madalorians
    |
    Spin Off (Han)

| = Backstory of Han meeting Chewbacca
    | = Shows backstory of characters / places Han re-visited in EP7

|
    EP8
    | = Mandalorian team up with Sith to fight Rebels / Jedi
    |
    Spin Off (Boba Fett)

| = Backstory of Mandalorians and Jango / Boba's Role
    | = Shows backstory of Mandalorian and Sith events in EP8
    |
    EP 9
    | = Space battle occurs with Red 5 squadron in some way
    |
    Spin Off (Red 5)

| = Backstory of Red 5 history based on events of EP9

2. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Seems plausable. Regardless of specific plot points, I find it hard not to believe that they are going to use the tie in films to support narrative elements in the main episodes. Considering the tiny amount of loose threads that can be carried over from Jedi, it would be silly not to use the tie in films (some of which presumably occur during the OT time frame) to create some loose threads for the ST to work with. Not that the ST should be based solely on tie ins, but they can definitely use them to bring the stories together more. For instance, let's say the ST deals with the idea of 'inquisitor' like people still being around, you can explore that idea in more detail in a spin off.

As you say, this seems to be how a lot of the Marvel film universe seems to work, with the various films crossing over various elements and so on.

3. datoupee

datoupee Jedi Master

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm very interested in the overall story using both the ST and Spin Offs as you can tell by the original post. It seems hard to imagine that the story structure team wouldn't want all of these to tie together in some way since it's worked extremely well for the Marvel Universe. I will add to this as more rumors come out to try and put more pieces together. The puzzle seems like a monster at the moment but speculation helps with the waiting.