main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How the Story Arc of the PT Subverts the Traditional Hollywood Hype Machine Experience

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Yes, absolutely captivating, it requires a large response, but here I would add a little detail: about the claustrophobic feeling in OT. I realized relatively late why I disliked the first 2 movies of OT when saw them for the first time (surprise! of course, I appreciated them as part of the Saga, but I'm talking about here for my first impression). They were claustrophobic and I strongly dislike this feeling in general. ROTJ is different; you can breathe on Endor, freely. But the Empire is claustrophobic, her machine like plants and apparatus are dead and closed and lack of life that makes me fell like this all is some kind of prison. Then the rebels who are forced to HIDE are hidden of course in claustrophobic places. This sense of close small spaces is so strong in Ep.4 ad 5 that even Tattoine that is a dessert planet (except in the binary sunset scene ) doesn't give the feeling of an open big desert, nor do it Hoth, they just look as vast but lifeless areas.
    Now to PT: space, air, real sky, breath. Immense captivating worlds, space and freedom. But of course, this is the Republic, it should be like that. Maybe you right. Maybe may fans are lost in the vast canvas of the abundant beauty of the Republic worlds. But that is one of the fascinating thing about the prequels.