main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to attach a lightsaber to a belt without damaging it?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SpeedRacerX, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2010
    I recently bought a laser pointer that closely resembles a lightsaber hilt. I plan on attaching it to my belt, but don't know of any conventional methods for attachment that don't involve damaging the laser.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Off hand, I would say a clip (kind of like a money clip, or battery clip) that is attached to the belt would be as good of a solution, as any.

This is the kind of clip I am talking about:

[image=http://rocky.digikey.com/weblib/Steward/New%20photos/ASSE017-2.jpg]

Only, I would turn it so that the openings of the clip are vertical, so that your lightsaber pointer is clipped to the belt in an upright, vertical fashion, if that makes any sense.

- Bill

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Oh no, I hope it's not one of these:

[image=http://www.wickedlasers.com/images/products/secondary/298.jpg]

If it is, what can you even do with a dangerous, impractical product like that?

And Bill, I'm not seeing how a flat clip like that could work.

4. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2010
    I don't quite understand how that would attach to the lightsaber. would it just clamp on? And if so, then how would it attach to a belt?
    Could you clarify?
    Thanks!

Its not one of those lasers, those are far more dangerous then I would like. I just got a pretty cheap laser, and made a few slight modifications to change the hilt.
    As to what you could do with one of those if you had one? I'm not sure. I think after you popped a few balloons you would get bored.

5. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Which is when the dangerous things start happening.

Can you post a picture of the laser pointer you got? We can get a better idea of the kinds of things you could do to it.

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    You mount the clip to the belt. This clamp could, theoretically, work because the if the clamp is attached to the belt, permanently, then all it has to do is have the lightsaber pointer be clamped into the clip... if that makes any sense.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.