main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to become an "official" FanForce Chapter and have your own city rep.

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Joanzia, Mar 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    We have had quite a few requests to have a city rep and to become an official FanForce chapter. I would like to take a moment and outline the requirements that need to be fulfilled before being named an "official" chapter.

The FanForce vision is all about meeting up in the offline world and start local SW fan clubs all around the world. This can range from having regular meetings, meeting up together for events such as conventions, lining up for Episode 2, and it can also be just meeting together for dinner. We just want you to be able to meet together locally and have a chance to get to know other Star Wars fans from your area. :)

With that being said, in order to become official, you must meet together offline for three different occasions. There should be at least five members who show up to each meeting/event from your area. You will need to email fanforce@theforce.net before each of these meetings and let us know the details of the meeting so that we can post it on the FF main page ahead of time. And you will also need to post the details about the meeting in your forums before as well.

After each meeting, you will need to get with your Regional Support Admin (RSA) and let him/her know how the meeting went, how many showed up, things that you did, etc... If you do not know who your RSA is, please email us at fanforce@theforce.net and we will direct you to your RSA or one of the Global Support Admins. They will work closely with your group until it has become an "official" chapter.

During this time you will also need to vote as a group for a city rep to represent your chapter. The city rep will be responsible for organizing meetings, events, etc. They will be responsible for work directly with their RSA or Global Support. And they will also be the moderators for their "city" forum and will need to be able to enforce the JC rules.

Once you meet these three times and have had a successful meeting each time, and have chosen a city rep, we will then be able to make your chapter "official". :)

For further info on the FanForce please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page: http://fanforce.net/fanforce_faq.shtml

Thanks everyone!!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email your RSA or one of the global support admins: fanforce@theforce.net

2. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Also, you define how your group will operate. It's up to you how your group is made up and what direction it will take. Many of our chapters are very active with their local community, hosting fund raisers for charity. Other groups focus more on meeting and having events like movie screenings, trivia contests, etc. It really is up to you how you experience your Fanforce. It really can be about more than just Star Wars, it can be about building relationships, positively affecting your community and making a difference.

Later.

3. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Ok. We still have to go to a red sox game.

4. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    This is interesting info Jedi Master Joanzia. I will need more info on the rep. in the Houston, Tx area. Our organization probably should be heard from a little more often.

Interesting indeed....

5. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    This is great, our chapter is thrashing it all out at the moment. We need this info.

6. Joanzia

Oct 18, 2000
    Actually, Houston does not have an official FanForce chapter yet. Is there something going on in Houston? Are ya'll having meetings and such? Let me know and I can help you out with getting started on a chapter.

:)

JediEnna, where are you located? Have you gotten together with your RSA about starting a new chapter? Good luck with it!!

May The Force Be With Both of You!!!

Let me or the RSA know how we can help ya'll!!

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    *ahem*

Joanzia... I believe that RSA would be you. ;) Texas moved from the South Region to the Southwest Region when we merged with the JC.

8. Joanzia

Oct 18, 2000
    I know about Houston being in my region but I don't know where JediEnna is from. :)

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Ahhh... now I see. You were responding to two different posts. [face_blush]

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    She's from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

11. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Me to, were currently having discussion's about CR and other stuff, we've had lots of meets so far but still haven't got a CR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.