main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends How to Deal (NJO AU, angst and romance) J/J, A/T, Jacen, Kyp, L/M, H/L *COMPLETED 1/22*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Title: How to Deal
    Author: NYCitygurl
    Timeframe: post-Rebirth AU
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Anakin, Tahiri, Jacen, Kyp, Luke, Mara, Leia, Han, Wedge
    Summary: Luke Skywalker's world is falling apart. The galaxy is at war. Leia and Han are getting divorced. Anakin is going to be a father. Jacen is spiraling into depression after the death of his best friend. Jaina is on a dangerous path to the Dark Side. The only things stable in his life are his wife and baby son. How can Luke keep his family together?
    Notes: Beware. The author is crazy.

How to Deal

~~~~~~

Kyp bit his lip and stared out in front of him, not really seeing what was going on. The sky was cloudy and gray, and rain was falling. It seemed appropriate that the day be miserable, because he was. He didn?t see how life could ever be okay.

He looked down at her body. Her long, beautiful hair, her eyes closed in peace . . . she was lying on her back, so he couldn?t see the hideous scrapes . . . see the bite of the voxyn that had killed her.

Master Skywalker was leading the service. It was his right, as the head of the Jedi Order . . . but he didn?t know her. Not really. Kyp looked across the pyre at Jacen Solo. He was her best friend; it was Jacen who should be doing it.

Jacen noticed Kyp looking at him and silently came over and stood beside him. The two men were lost in their grief as they looked upon the body of the woman that both of them had loved, though in different ways.

?I think she would have wanted us to be together,? Jacen said softly, tears streaming down his face.

Kyp looked at the young man. As much as he loved her . . . Jacen loved her just as much, and would miss her too. ?She would have. She wanted us to be friends, you know.?

?She told me.? The pain in Jacen?s voice was obvious.

Kyp felt his heart ache. She was the only one who had truly loved him since his brother died . . . since he had become the Destroyer of Cardia. She was the only woman who would ever love him. He missed her so much. He needed her. He had no idea why she had died.

He tried to hold back tears, but then realized it wasn?t necessary. It was normal for him to cry. It was expected. Besides, no one would see, in the rain. No one but Jacen. But that was okay, somehow.

Kyp felt like he was being torn up inside, like he had just lost his very soul. He had, in a way. He looked over at Jacen. The younger man looked like what he felt.

?Did you ever love her? As more than a friend?? Kyp asked quietly, knowing that Jacen was the only one who would hear.

Jacen turned, and Kyp once again saw his grief-stricken face. ?Does it matter now??

Did it? Yes, Kyp decided, it did matter. Not so that he could be jealous, or hate Jacen, or gloat that he had been her lover . . . so that maybe he and Jacen could both have a sense of peace.

?Master Skywalker told me before the ceremony that he?s going to let me do the honors. I want you to do it with me. And I want you to be honest with me. It doesn?t matter if you did; I won?t hold it against you. I think . . . I think that it would give us both peace.?

Jacen nodded, considering, before saying, ?For a while I did, or thought I did. But she made it clear that we were just friends . . . and then we were. I didn?t think of her that way when you started dating her, and I don?t hold it against you. I?m not jealous. It wouldn?t have worked out between us.?

Kyp nodded, secretly glad, and knowing he had to tell Jacen his feelings. ?I used to be jealous of you. You were her best friend, and the two of you were so close . . . but I didn?t after a while. I understood and accepted your friendship with her. Can you forgive me??

Jacen met Kyp?s tear-filled eyes with his own. ?There is nothing to forgive. I would have been jealous in your place. But we both love her, in different ways.?

?Yes,? Kyp said. Jacen had cried as hard as he had when they?d brought home her body.

Cilghal held her body in her arms. ?I?m so sorry,? she said, though Kyp wasn?t sure

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    You killed danni in the first post! I love you! And great combination of characterizations.

3. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You know I thought it was Tenel Ka? What was I thinking?

But you killed Danni and Kyp after they recently got together? :(

K/D never freaked me out, although no one is good enough for Kyp, IMO.

But great job. I hope you get to the romance part real soon, to cheer us up.

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    DarthIshtar: You killed danni in the first post! I love you!

I'm just following in the steps of the queen of angst ;) [face_devil] :D

And great combination of characterizations.

Thanks!!! :D

Lola64: You know I thought it was Tenel Ka? What was I thinking?

Lol, I think TK would KILL Kyp if he ever hit on her . . .

But you killed Danni and Kyp after they recently got together?

Yep [face_devil] Feel free to call me a Sith--most people do . . .

K/D never freaked me out, although no one is good enough for Kyp, IMO

Lol, I don't like K/J but about anyone else with him is fine.

But great job. I hope you get to the romance part real soon, to cheer us up.

Thanks!!! :D There's a little romance in . . . *checks* . . . the third post :)

5. Nomad-2

Nomad-2 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    Yet again i don't get told.....

Still Great Story though! I feel sorry for Kyp....

A quick BOOM!!!

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D I just put it up an hour ago!! I was about to PM you, though . . .

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wow, Nat, you had me going ... I really wasn't sure who had been killed, and Danni was a surprise!

Well done! :D As usual.

More please?

How many more ways can Luke's life go downhill...

oldj

8. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Hm...Jacen/Danni/Kyp...very interesting. This looks like it's going to be fun (well if you define fun as sobbing!)

~Lurker

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Okay, I'm like .... SO hooked! You're gonna think i'm crazy but at first I thought it was Jaina, that would have been weird.... MORE SOON!!!!!!!!!! Notice i don't usually DEMAND but I am now! Courtney :D

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    oldj: Wow, Nat, you had me going ... I really wasn't sure who had been killed, and Danni was a surprise!

:D I was hoping that people would think it was Jaina at first . . .

Well done! As usual.

More please?

Sure :)

How many more ways can Luke's life go downhill...

Except for killing people or doing something to Ben and Mara, I think I've got it covered . . . [face_devil]

Lurker: Hm...Jacen/Danni/Kyp...very interesting.

This looks like it's going to be fun (well if you define fun as sobbing!)

Thanks!!! :D I define fun as making OTHER people sob [face_devil]

Courtney: Okay, I'm like .... SO hooked!

Awesome :D

You're gonna think i'm crazy but at first I thought it was Jaina, that would have been weird....

Lol I hoped people would . . .

MORE SOON!!!!!!!!!! Notice i don't usually DEMAND but I am now!

I'll put up more now :D

11. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *blinks tears away*

*sniffs* Poor Kyppie

you killed Danni ... wow

Nat you captured Kyp very well, wow, the interactions between Kyp and Jace, well done. As Lola I was thinking it is TK (must be that K/TK is rather common in the last weeks ;) )

~Mags~

12. Jagsgrl412

Jagsgrl412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    Well that was good!!! At first I wasn't sure who it was going to be but I'm happy that it was Danni and not someone else.

Great Job Nat!!!! Update soon!!!

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Mag: you killed Danni ... wow

Yep [face_devil]

Nat you captured Kyp very well, wow, the interactions between Kyp and Jace, well done.

As Lola I was thinking it is TK (must be that K/TK is rather common in the last weeks )

Lol I'll have to read one . . .

Tess: Well that was good!!

At first I wasn't sure who it was going to be but I'm happy that it was Danni and not someone else.

Lol who are you glad it wasn't?

Great Job Nat!!!! Update soon!!!

Thanks!!! :D Post up now :)

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday--I was kicked off the computer. Sorry for the delay.

~~~~~~

Jaina Solo started to scream.

She had held it in for too long. All of her childhood, her parents had been gone. ?Serving the galaxy? they?d said. ?Doing our duty.?

To hell with their duty! It was duty that had made her father and younger brother take that fateful trip to Sernpidal . . . it was duty to her father that made Chewie sacrifice his life.

It had torn her parents apart. Her father had sunk into a state of melancholy, and her mother buried herself in helping the war effort. They had been so busy with themselves that they hadn?t even told her where they would be. After she had nearly been killed, her hold father had searched through Senate records to track them down to notify them.

Jaina had thought that they were getting better, that their family was healing. After her mother?s near-death experience on Duro, their family had grown closer. But it wasn?t closer, really, was it?

And now, after all they had been through, after twenty years of marriage . . . nothing.

She couldn?t even look at their faces. They said her name, pleaded with her, but she refused to listen to it for another second. She ran out the door.

Jaina didn?t have a specific destination in mind, only knew that she had to keep running, to get as far away from her parents as she could.

She only realized that she had a destination when her feet stopped on their own. She realized that she was out of breath. She considered doing a Jedi calming technique, but she discarded the idea almost immediately. She didn?t want to be calm.

Jaina didn?t even bother knocking on the door. She had a key, and she didn?t want to wait out in the hall while someone came to answer the door. If anyone was even there. It was the middle of the day; they were probably at work.

She fumbled with the key, but finally managed to unlock and open the door. She slammed it shut behind her and leaned against it, panting heavily.

?Jaina.?

Jaina looked up. Her hold father was standing at the door to the kitchen, facing her. His eyes were sad, and she knew that he knew.

?Wedge.? Whispering that one little word was all she could do. Suddenly, all of her strength and adrenaline left her. She felt like she was a hundred years old. She slid down the door and settled on the carpet. She didn?t know if she would ever have the strength to move again.

Wedge walked over and put his arms around her. ?I?m so sorry, sweetie.?

Jaina buried her face in his shoulder. ?Why?? she whispered.

Wedge sighed. ?I?m not entirely sure, Jaina. They?ve been fighting for a couple years, ever since . . .?

?Since Chewie died,? she finished for him.

Wedge nodded. ?Jaina, I know that some of the arguments you witnessed were pretty nasty, but the fights were a lot worse when you and your brothers weren?t around. I?m surprised they waited this long.?

?They?re my parents,? Jaina said, struggling to hold back tears. ?This isn?t supposed to happen.?

?I know.? Wedge rubbed her back soothingly.

?What?s going to happen??

Wedge shrugged. ?I?m not sure, sweetie. They?ll divide up their possessions, and work out a custody deal.?

?A custody deal?? Jaina frowned. ?We?re legal adults.?

?You and Jacen are, but Anakin still has two years to go.?

Jaina snorted. ?They haven?t been taking care of us?any of us?since the war started. I?ll bet all the credits in the galaxy that Anakin will just go wherever Tahiri is.?

?You?re probably right, but they still have to go over legalities like that.?

Jaina sighed unhappily, and Wedge held her closer. ?What?s going to happen to me??

?That?s your decision, princess. When your eyes are better, you can rejoin Rogue Squadron. I know that Gavin will be glad to have you back.?

?And until then? I don?t want to go home, Wedge. I can?t.?

?You can stay here for as long as you want to, Jaina.?

Jaina nodded gratefully. Suddenly she was very tired.

~~~~~~

15. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    This is a good story.

Why Am I surprised? anything Nat writes is good!!!!

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

17. Jagsgrl412

Jagsgrl412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    So you're breaking Han and Leia up???? That was sad, I'm glad that she had a father figure like Wedge there to help her through it though!!

18. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    :_| Why? Why must you be so cruel to everyone? Why?

Good story. I haven't read anything this good, published or otherwise, in a while. It feels good to read something by the infamous NYCitygurl.

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You are truly Sith [face_devil] for making Han and Leia divorce.

Who is next to feel your wrath? Luke & Mara? Corran & Mirax? Or maybe C3PO & R2D2?

Seriously, this is great. Can't wait for more.

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    NO! No custody deals! That's so sad!

21. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    So . . . I've been broadening my horizons and know that your stories tend to get a rather large following, so I thought I'd check this out . . . and then you kill Danni. Meh. I like her, and I adore the bf/lover triangle you've got going on. Messing with 'ships is always a treat to read. [face_laugh]

And so I continue on reading and you have H/L getting ready to sign divorce papers. Oh, my. Direct blow. Well, I love Jaina's reaction - a complicated mix of not understanding and the impression that her world is falling apart. A very realistic approach to divorcee's children - I'm sure many of us know that. [face_laugh]

So, we'll see where this goes? (Other than hell and back - I'm assuming that's a given?) :D

Excellent work!

*KR*

22. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Now that was an interseting plot twist...

It'll be fun to see what happens if H/L becomes H and L again...

Jaina runs to Wedge... An interesting response. It makes a certain amout of sense since he is her hold-father.

Jacen... He might stick by his mother. I doubt he'll stay with Han because this is Post-Balance Point... He will probably withdraw into himself to the point of insanity...

Anakin... He'll probably do what Jaina said... He'll stick with Tahiri. It's a safe choice for him.

I'm curious when this takes place specifically...

Immediately Post-Balance Point
    Immediately Post-Conquest
    Immediately Post-Rebirth

I know it isn't before Balance Point because Jaina's accident has occured...

I know it can't be after Star By Star because Anakin is still alive...

Great story, Nat...

Sorry that the links didn't work...

Jasper

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Divorce? OMG, Nat - this is good and going to get better, if I now you!

I love Wedge being there for Jaina. He's such a good guy, and just the sort of mentor she needs.

More, Nat, more!!

oldj

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Tess: So you're breaking Han and Leia up????

Yep [face_devil]

That was sad, I'm glad that she had a father figure like Wedge there to help her through it though!!

Yeah, Wedge is her rock--he's not too involved, and he's nearer than Luke and Mara.

Handmaiden_Rabe: Why? Why must you be so cruel to everyone? Why?

Mostly because I'm an evil Sith [face_devil]

Good story. I haven't read anything this good, published or otherwise, in a while.

It feels good to read something by the infamous NYCitygurl.

Lola64: You are truly Sith for making Han and Leia divorce.

[face_devil] :D

Who is next to feel your wrath? Luke & Mara? Corran & Mirax? Or maybe C3PO & R2D2?

*checks* Nope, Anakin and Tahiri [face_devil]

Seriously, this is great. Can't wait for more.

DarthIshtar: NO! No custody deals! That's so sad!

I know :( But it's really just because law requires it--everyone knows that Anakin's not going to go with either parent, he'll stay with the Jedi.\

KR: So . . . I've been broadening my horizons and know that your stories tend to get a rather large following, so I thought I'd check this out . . .

I'm glad you chose mine :D

and then you kill Danni.

So do I, but someone had to go.

Meh. I like her,

Me too :)

I adore the bf/lover triangle you've got going on.

:D

Messing with 'ships is always a treat to read.

Yep :D [face_devil]

And so I continue on reading and you have H/L getting ready to sign divorce papers. Oh, my. Direct blow.

Oh yes [face_devil]

Well, I love Jaina's reaction - a complicated mix of not understanding and the impression that her world is falling apart. A very realistic approach to divorcee's children - I'm sure many of us know that.

Thanks :D I actually wouldn't know how to react--my parents are together.

So, we'll see where this goes? (Other than hell and back - I'm assuming that's a given?)

Of course [face_devil] :D

Excellent work!

Barefoot: Now that was an interseting plot twist...

[face_devil]

It'll be fun to see what happens if H/L becomes H and L again...

Oh, I have PLANS for those two . . . [face_devil]

Jaina runs to Wedge... An interesting response. It makes a certain amout of sense since he is her hold-father.

She can trust him, and the rest of her family is with the Jedi.

Jacen... He might stick by his mother. I doubt he'll stay with Han because this is Post-Balance Point... He will probably withdraw into himself to the point of insanity...

Actually, the latter. He'll still be mad with grief over Danni so he's not going to care much.

Anakin... He'll probably do what Jaina said... He'll stick with Tahiri. It's a safe choice for him.

Exactly.

I'm curious when this takes place specifically...

Immediately Post-Balance Point
    Immediately Post-Conquest
    Immediately Post-Rebirth

Post-Rebirth. Star-by-Star will not happen because I hate that book.

Great story, Nat...

oldj: Divorce? OMG, Nat

[face_devil]

this is good and going to get better, if I now you!

I love Wedge being there for Jaina. He's such a good guy, and just the sort of mentor she needs.

Yeah :) I've always loved him :)

More, Nat, more!!

:D Today or tomorrow :)

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Lurkers: Since this is Lurker Appreciation Week, I'm giving a shout-out to all the lurkers out there. *hugs lurkers* There will be cookies for those who delurk . . .

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/herelurk.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.