main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends How to Deal (NJO AU, angst and romance) J/J, A/T, Jacen, Kyp, L/M, H/L *COMPLETED 1/22*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    JAGSGURL: Awesome job!

Thanks!!! :D

cant wait till we get some jag!

Lol in a couple posts, I think :)

I cant believe that u split up Han and Leia!

[face_devil]

but i adore you for killing Danni!

Lol

Princss_of_The_Jedi: Hey I love this story!!

THe J/K/K triangle was pretty interesting. I liked how Jania ran off to Wedge and how he was so comforting. Can't wait for more.

FelsGoddess: This is great.

Wow, Han and Leia getting a divorce. Kyp/Jacen/Danni. Jaina going to Wedge. Anakin and Tahiri sparring.

Yep [face_devil]

Solo: *Claps hands with glee* I finally found this story again. Great post! keep 'em coming!!!

Rabe: YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANAKIN AND TAHIRI MUSH IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME WANT MORE AND ME LIKE USING CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Yep :)

Well, that's it for me, POST MORE SOON, PLEASE!!!!

Post now :)

2. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    This is for the wonderful DarthIshtar. Thanks for checking this for maximum angst!!

~~~~~~

Jacen sat in a bar, cradling a cold bottle of lomin ale. He couldn?t get the image of Danni?s body going up in flames out of his head. He knew that if he lived to be one hundred, he would never forget it.

He was grateful?no, more that grateful?to Kyp for letting him help light Danni?s body. The job was supposed to go to the person closest to the deceased. ?We both deserve this.?

Jacen took a sip of the ale. Normally he would never drink, but he felt miserable enough to just do it. I?m a big boy; I can do what I want.

He couldn?t imagine life getting much worse than it was. Oh, this was nothing compared to losing Jaina or Anakin or their parents. Intellectually, he knew that. But surrounded by his grief, he knew that he had hit the bottom.

?I thought I might find you here.?

Jacen looked up at the man who sat down across the table. ?I?m surprised to find you here. I would think that you?d be at home.?

Kyp shook his head. ?I can?t. She?s in there, you know. Holos, clothes, datapads . . . her memory was haunting me there.?

Jacen nodded sympathetically. ?And so you decided to join me??

?Misery loves company,? Kyp agreed.

?And we sure are miserable,? Jacen added, taking a sip of his drink.

The sat in silence. Jacen looked at Kyp over the rim of his drink. He tried to decide his feelings for the man. He was a little jealous. Kyp had known a part of Danni that no one else had. But Jacen also felt a companionship. They both loved her, and Kyp had made her happy.

?I owe you.?

Kyp looked up, startled. ?For what??

?For loving her. You made her happy.?

?So did you,? Kyp said quietly.

Jacen shook his head. ?Yes . . . I hope. But I was just a kid to her.? He snorted. ?I was the one who rescued her from the Yuuzhan Vong, but I was a kid.? He felt tears well in his eyes. ?I had a crush on her, but she said that she wasn?t ready and would just like to be friends. So we were friends, and I eventually stopped hating you for having her love.? He took a deep breath. ?I was a friend, yes. But I could never be anything more to her. You would have married her, I think. That was what she needed?a lover, a husband. I wasn?t her only friend.?

?Yes,? Kyp said softly, ?yes, I would have married her. But you weren?t just a friend, Jacen?you were her best friend. She needed you, too.?

Jacen smiled slightly. ?I?m glad. I needed?still need?her.? He met Kyp?s eyes. ?She would have married you. She told me. She was a bit nervous about it?but she would have said yes.?

?I should have asked,? Kyp said angrily. ?I almost did, but I thought that she?d refuse, and then where would we be?? He shook his head and smiled wryly at Jacen. ?I should have asked you. I should have befriended you.?

?It?s not too late to be friends,? Jacen offered.

Kyp nodded. ?I?d like to be friends.? He chuckled humorlessly. ?It took her death to bring us together.?

?And it will take death to tear us apart.? Jacen held out his hand. It was a promise, Kyp knew, a bond that not even death would break.

He took Jacen?s hand. ?Death does not kill. It only temporarily separates.?

Jacen grinned. ?That sounds like something my uncle would say.?

?Where do you think I got it from??

Jacen nodded, remembering that Kyp had been his uncle?s student, once. He wondered if Kyp still respected and learned from Luke. Maybe he would ask, one day. For now, it was enough knowing that Kyp would die for him.

~~~~~~

3. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow, i seriously think that you are taking lessons from DarthIshtar in the angst department! wonderful job!

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    OoOoOoOoO!!! I just found this again! wOOt! I love this! MORE!!!!!!!

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great update.

6. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Ok, this reply format is starting to weird me out. Anyway, great update, Nat!!!! Jacen and Kyp, friends? Somehow, I could never have pictured that, but now I can, so yeah for you!

7. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    This is so good,I can't wait for the next post!!

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    JAGSGURL: Wow, i seriously think that you are taking lessons from DarthIshtar in the angst department!

Actually . . . I am [face_devil] :p

wonderful job!

Courtney: OoOoOoOoO!!! I just found this again! wOOt! I love this! MORE!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! :D More tomorrow or Friday. BTW congrats on getting adopted by Sarah :D

FelsGoddess: Great update.

Rabe: Ok, this reply format is starting to weird me out.

Yeah, me too. This is supposed to make life easier, but now I'm so used to doing the html codes that it's easier to do it the old way--though the newbies will benefit.

Anyway, great update, Nat!!!!

Jacen and Kyp, friends? Somehow, I could never have pictured that, but now I can, so yeah for you!

Yep :) Thanks :D

Genimay: Thanks!!! :D But could you please edit that? It messed up the page and now people have to side-scroll to read.

9. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    Where's our lovely post, please?

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    With Ish :) As soon as she gets it back to me I'll put it up :)

11. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Sorry it took me so long!! I'm loving this!!!

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry for the delay.

~~~~~~

Luke doubled over as if he?d been punched in the stomach. Mara was standing behind him, her mouth open in shock. ?You?re what??

?Getting a divorce.?

Luke looked up at the holoprojection of his sister. ?I can?t believe it. You and Han have been married for nearly twenty years!?

Leia sighed. ?I know, but our marriage has been declining.?

?What about your kids?? Mara demanded.

?I know that they?ll be hurt, but our fighting hurt them worse. I know it doesn?t seem like it right now, but it?s for the best.?

For the best. It echoed around Luke?s mind. He really couldn?t believe it. Han and Leia were the last people he, and the entire galaxy, expected to divorce. His sister and his best friend. It was impossible.

?How will the kids take this?? Mara asked.

Leia sighed, and suddenly she was no longer the smooth princess she usually was. ?Jaina didn?t take it very well at all. She told us exactly what she thought about it, and then stormed off to Wedge. He says that she refuses to come home.?

?So she?s going to stay with him??

Leia nodded. ?He?s her hold father, after all, and a legal adult. I can?t make her do anything.?

Luke nodded. ?And the boys??

Leia sighed again. ?Han and I will have to tell them.?

Mara shook her head. ?Leia, that?s not a good idea. I know that Jaina is the most explosive of your children, but the boys won?t take it easily, especially Anakin. Why don?t you let Luke and I tell them?maybe we can diffuse the situation a little before they see you.?

Leia nodded. ?Thank you. Han and I . . . thank you.?

Anakin smiled at the beautiful woman sleeping beside him. She was his angel, the light of his life.

Tahiri was sleeping on the bed, with the covers pulled up to her shoulders. Her light blond hair cascaded down her bare shoulders. She smiled slightly in her sleep.

Anakin grimaced when the comlink sounded. He didn?t want it to wake Tahiri up. She hadn?t been feeling well lately. She had been unable to keep down breakfast for a few days, and had trouble sleeping. She was sleeping peacefully now.

He got up quickly and grabbed the comlink. ?Hello??

?Anakin, its Uncle Luke.?

Anakin frowned. His uncle sounded unusually worried. ?Is something wrong, Uncle Luke??

?No, not at all.? Anakin had been raised by a Corellian smuggler, and he could tell when someone was lying. That, and his uncle had never been very good at it anyway. Anakin decided not to press the point. ?I was just wondering if you would like to come over for dinner tomorrow.?

?Sure.? Whatever it was, Anakin knew he would find out then. ?Is Tahiri invited??

?Actually, Anakin, it?s kind of important. Mara and I need to speak to you and Jacen about something. I?d prefer it if you didn?t bring her.?

?Okay.? Anakin wasn?t sure that involving Jacen was a good idea. He had taken Danni Quee?s death very hard, and Anakin didn?t want to upset him unnecessarily. ?I?ll be there.?

?Good.? His uncle sounded relieved. ?See you then.?

Anakin shut off the comlink and turned to look back at Tahiri. Her green eyes were wide open. ?Who was that?? she asked.

?Uncle Luke. He wants me and Jacen to come over for dinner tomorrow. He said that he had something really important to tell us.?

Tahiri frowned. ?It must be really important if he?s telling Jacen.? Anakin knew that she shared his concern for his older brother.

?That?s what I thought.? He smiled. ?How do you feel??

Tahiri grimaced. ?Now that you mention it, not so good.?

~~~~~~

14. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Is tahiri...

Awesome post.

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] Hmmm, could Tahiri be pregnant? That could really throw off Han and Leia, especially if they are seperated when a baby is born. Hmm.

Great post!

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Kat: Is tahiri...

Yes [face_devil]

Awesome post.

FelsGoddess: Hmmm, could Tahiri be pregnant? That could really throw off Han and Leia, especially if they are seperated when a baby is born. Hmm.

She is [face_devil]

Great post!

17. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    You can read my mind can't you?

18. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    I KNEW IT!!!!!! *dances and sings* She's pregnant, she's pregnant! This is any A/T shippers dream! *hugs Nat* I am happy, happy, happy!!!!

19. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:_| :_| :_| :_|

Nat didn't tell me she was writing another one!!!!!!!

Course you could make up for it by posting some more..... ;)

At least danni is dead, and your back to the darkside, smart move, theres cookies here :D :D :D :D

Sam

20. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    SHES PREGNANT? OMG!!!!

wonderful job NYC!

21. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Morning sickness...[face_sick] . Grossness. I hope you will post soon!!! [face_praying]

Solo.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Kat: You can read my mind can't you?

Yup ;) :p

Rabe: I KNEW IT!!!!!!

Lol, I did put it in the summary . . .

This is any A/T shippers dream!

Lol [face_laugh]

*hugs Nat*

[:D]

I am happy, happy, happy!!!!

Lol I can assure you that you're happier than Anakin and Tahiri ;) :p

Sam: Nat didn't tell me she was writing another one!!!!!!!

Sorry, I lost track of who was reading what . . .

Course you could make up for it by posting some more.....

Now, has that ever worked? ;) :p

At least danni is dead,

Aww, I like her! Then again, I'm the one who killed her . . .

your back to the darkside, smart move, theres cookies here

Lol when did I leave?

JAGSGURL: SHES PREGNANT? OMG!!!!

[face_devil]

wonderful job NYC!

Thanks!!! :D BTW you can call me Natalie or Nat, everyone does. :)

Solo: Morning sickness... . Grossness.

I, fortunately, have never had it. Which is good, because I'm still in high school . . .

I hope you will post soon!!!

Today or tomorrow :)

23. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Great Post!! Porr Tahiri. She will pull through she is a Jedi. Poor Jaina. Postie Pleeeaaasse!

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D Tahiri's going to take it hard . . .

I'll put more up tomorrow; I have to go watch TV.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry this was late.

~~~~~~

It had been over a year since she had seen Jagged Fel, but in the intervening time Jaina had forgotten how good he looked. He was tall, with dark hair and flashing green eyes. A scar on his forehead retreated up into his hair. His hair was a little longer than it had been, Jaina noticed, and it wasn?t slicked down.

?Jaina! What are you doing here?? he asked.

?Your uncle let me stay here for a while.? Wedge had already told her that he was here. He was playing ambassador for the Chiss again, except without his squadron, this time.

He nodded. ?He should have told me.?

Jaina shrugged. ?Kind of a last-minute thing.?

Jag nodded, not pressing, and Jaina felt a surge of gratefulness. ?I heard about what happened,? he said.

She was angry all over again. Her parents . . . they had no idea. No idea what she?d been through. They didn?t understand. Wouldn?t make the time to. ?I hate them!?

He nodded. ?That?s understandable. When are you going back??

?Never!? she burst. ?I can?t forgive them. They don?t understand! Them and their stupid divorce!?

Jag frowned. ?What are you talking about??

?My parents? divorce.? She narrowed her eyes. ?What are you talking about??

?Your accident, at Kalabra. I wondered when you were going back to active duty.?

?Oh,? she said softly. He didn?t know, then. At least, he hadn?t until she?d opened her big mouth.

?Your parents are getting a divorce? Is that why you?re here?? Jaina nodded, not knowing what to say. If he even DARES to sympathize . . . ?I?m sorry to hear that. I like your mother quite a bit.?

?Well, I don?t,? she bit out.

They stood in Wedge?s living room, silently facing each other, until Wedge walked in. ?Oh, Jag, I tried to call you?Jaina?s staying with us for a while.?

Jag nodded. ?I found out. And since I think I?ve upset her, I?ll retire to my room, if you?ll excuse me.? He nodded politely to Jaina and left.

Wedge stared after him before turning to Jaina. ?What happened??

?He asked me about my eyes, but he was so cryptic that I thought he meant the divorce, so I said something about it.?

?I take it you didn?t want him to know??

She hadn?t. It would only prove any thoughts he had about her being a common Rebel. ?I don?t care,? she said harshly before stalking off to her room.

He knocked on the door later. She opened it before she realized who it was. ?Yes??

?I?m sorry for whatever I said earlier,? Jag said. ?I didn?t mean to upset you. I am truly sorry to hear that you parents are divorcing. I know it must hurt.?

Jaina didn?t want sympathy at all, but his apology seemed sincere, and she was suddenly very, very tired. ?It?s okay, you were trying to be nice,? she said, not meeting his eyes.

?Aunt Iella wanted me to tell you that dinner?s ready.?

She looked over his shoulder in the direction of the kitchen. ?I don?t think I can really stomach any food,? she said softly.

Jag nodded. ?Aunt Iella, she?s already eaten,? he called over his shoulder.

Jaina felt a wave of gratitude. Iella wouldn?t try to comfort her or try to get her to come out of her room. ?Thank you,? she whispered.

Jag nodded. ?Do you need anything??

For my parents to stay together. She shook her head.

?Okay. Tell me if you do,? he said before leaving.

~~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.