main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how to edit the episode II documentries

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by vinman009, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinman009

vinman009 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    I've tried a bunch of times to edit the documentries on starwars.com and the ive tried to load it in premiere and ae and it says file type is not allowed they are mov files but i think the problem is the codec but i dont know which one it is so could some one give me some help. Or if the person who made the episode II fan trailer help me out please.

thanks

vincent gutilla

2. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    You need QT Pro to make them files you can work with.

1 - Load the video at the official site. It will be saved to your temporary internet files folder automatically (unless you set QT to do otherwise).
    2 - Launch QT Pro and open the sample movie from the QT directory (sample.mov)
    (Important - do not open QT Pro by double clicking on the downloaded file.)

3 - Drag the downloaded video from the folder into the QT Pro window of the sample movie.

4 - In the Edit menu, choose delete tracks. Delete all the tracks except Video 1 and Sound 1.

5 - In the Edit menu, choose enable tracks.
    Enable the Video 1 and Sound 1 tracks.

6 - In the file menu choose save as and save the file using a different name to the downloaded file.
    Make sure the option make movie self contained is checked.

3. Maniacal_Jedi

Maniacal_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    not to sound like a newb or nothing but uhh......what documentaries are you talking about?

:p

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    It doesn't work on the "sample.mov" movie, doesn't allow me to save it self-contained. However, I opened another fanfilm in Quicktime, and did that, and it worked.

About frikkin' time, I've been trying to save these forever! Thanks!

5. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    not to sound like a newb or nothing but uhh......what documentaries are you talking about?

There are documenteries of the making of AOTC at starwars.com - but I don't know the exact link to them.

6. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    ah....thanks alot ^_^

7. vinman009

vinman009 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    it worked thanks a lot

8. Maniacal_Jedi

Jul 28, 2002
    what kind of files are they? I looked in my temporary internet folder and couldnt find it...hmmmmm

9. frosthsky

frosthsky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2002
    Hey thanks! I needed to download the Jango Fett one for refference stuff.

Maniacal, they're quicktime files.

10. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    If you can´t trace the files on your HD after loading the videos in your browser, here´s an easy method to download them directly:

Get yourself a trial version of getright or go!zilla. Now select one of the videos, a new window pops up showing the movie, but as it seems there´s no way to save them from there. Drag the border of the window to increase it´s size up to the point where the background graphics stop. Now you can right click into the empty area and select view source code. Use the search function to find ".mov". It soon will find the complete URL of the video you want to download. Copy and paste this URL into either getright or go!zilla and start the download.
    When done, proceed as already mentioned before to get those movies working by using QT Pro.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.