main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA How to get more people to come here

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth McClain, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    either sounds good to me....

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    fanforcepittsburgh.com

3. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    pittfanforce.com

??? that sounds cool...

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thats another good idea.

5. Senate Guard

Senate Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2000
    Hi. I had no clue that a forum like this existed...this is really cool to be able to talk to people from around where I live :)

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hi, and welcome.

7. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I like http://www.fanforcepittsburgh.com best.

I don't recommend Namezero if you're considering that. The domain name may be free, but that huge ad bar at the bottom is unforgivable.

I recommend Domainzero's pay service, because it's a domain AND host (and no ad bar of course). It's $13 or $20 a month, depending on how much traffic you want (3 gig or 5 gig, I think 3 is sufficient so that'd be $13 a month). You get 500 megs storage space, which is great. I think we could probably pool together the funds pretty easily, $13 is not much at all and we'd all be able to use it.

EDIT: I can't spell AT ALL.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm typing up a letter that I'm going to send out different stores and such. Hopefully someone will donate the money we need. The first one I'm sending out is to Phantom of the Attic, I used to hang there alot when I was addicted to playing Magic. I'm hoping they can get the ball started.

I learned my lesson with Namezero, I don't think I'll ever use them again. Plus they took away one of my domains I was using because I used javascript to get rid of the banner. I'll probably go with my old host 11net.com. They give give you 60 mb for 6.99 a month. But I'll check into domainzero.

9. WessidePat

WessidePat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    What about just PittsburghForce.net. I wish I wouldn't have used NameZero in the first place. I was going to register a domain and now I can't get it out of NameZero's clutches unless I pay $50 for transfer fees, plus all the other fees.

And Rox, which Phantom? I used to hang out at the Parkway Center one all the time when I played Magic for the Arena league. I also know the owner and most of his employees.

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Namezero is okay. There are worse things than that, like Homestead.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The Phantom in parkway center. i figure comic, hobby shops are the best places to start to get sponsored. But if you know the owner maybe it would be better if you asked them.

12. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    i hang out at phantom of the attic all the time, the one in oakland, i live on melwood right down the street.i collect comics is why. ill pithch in on a web site, just tell me where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.