main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to Get your Girlfriend to play Video Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Antilles2001, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    (the following are what I do when I want my girlfriend to play videogames with me)

1. Always say the game has romance.
    (Ex: "Of course Cortana loves the Master Chief!")

2. NEVER say you play it just because of the girls. You play DOA: Volley Ball for the Gameplay, not for the girls. *nudge* *nudge*

3. If the game is scary, don't tell her it is scary.

4. When you do get her to play multiplayer, let her win. No matter what.

5. Never EVER accidently kill her in co-op.

6. If she says no after you you ask her to play video games with you, give her the old puppy face. Works every time.

7. If all else fails, just keep begging until she gives in and finally picks up the controller.

You can add to the list if you want. Also, should I post this in 'Your JC Community'?

2. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Looks like you covered everything pretty good. I wish I had a girlfriend. :_|

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Can you make the next thread "How to get a girlfriend"?

¤Night

4. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    This for you guys.

Step 1- DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE DESPARATE.

Night, Jango, Good luck.

5. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Wait, doesn't that conflict with 6 and 7?

6. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Dan, I don't think it matters if you're desparate or not matters in terms of asking her to play video games with you.

7. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] Sorry, I'm a bit slow tonight. Too many hours of Kevin Smith movies on a boring night.

However, I did find that 6 & 7 work pretty well, but only once, as I apparently did not follow #4. I don't think she appreciated losing by aout 25 frags in a matter of a few minutes. :\

8. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    *Is almost afraid to post in thread*

As a girl who plays video games, maybe I should be offended, but this is hilarious! The sad thing is, though, some of them are actually true. :p Especially 4 and 5. :p

9. Koala3K

Koala3K Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    From the latest "Wired" magazine...

No ordinary peripheral, Sega's mouselike Trance Vibrator pulses in time with its PS2 shooter Rez , emitting vibrations four times stronger than rumble controllers like Sony's Dualshock. As you advance through the game's levels, the tremors intensify.

<snip>

Female gamers in Japan are putting the peripheral in between their legs. The company doesn't recommend using the device as a sex toy, but it does come with a washable protective pouch. And with a name like "Trance Vibrator," what did Sega expect?

I swear I am not making this up. The article says that there's no word on if the product will be available outside Japan, but if so, it'll be a whole new way to get your girlfriend to play video games.

--Koala3K

I hope I'm allowed to post this.

10. Antilles2001

Oct 20, 2001
    Ahhh... The satisfaction of helping someone. The Guide wasn't supposed to be funny, but now that I look at it, it does seem a bit humorous.

11. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!

There is hope, yet I feel so empty....

12. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. :p Nothing to see here, move along.

13. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    It's better to hook up with Girl's who already play video games in the first place.

I don't like beating people that much.

14. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    [image=http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/archived/20030414.jpg]

15. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Can you make the next thread "How to get a girlfriend"? "

lol! yeah, I'm in the same boat. I find it difficult to get a girlfriend, let alone to find a girl that plays video games. that would be so cool. Oh yeah and its hard to find girls that play video games that are acutally hot (no offense to any female gamers here, I'm sure your all gorgeous :))

Forcebewitya!

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    A good tip is to play a game where you can set up handicaps. That way you don't have to worry about "going easy" on her. My girlfriend absoluelty loves Super Smash Bros. with its auto-handicaps. I only had to ask her once and she was hooked. Now sometimes she asks ME.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    My wife played Monkey Island 3 & 4 and Grim Fandango with me. Day of the Tentacle got her hooked on LEC adventures. :D

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    jp-30: Mod Extraordinaire and Luckiest Husband Alive

19. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I was invited to a party at which two PS2's were hooked up, and a big group of people who were tired of dancing decided to put in Crash Team Racing.

Coincidentally, I was put up against three girls who had somehow made it through two elimination rounds. Fifteen minutes later, the score stood at:

Me: Around 40 cumulatively
    Them: An average of -3, they kept running into their own traps :p

Biiig mistake, as almost all the girls dropped out after that. :p

20. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    lol [face_laugh]

Maybe I'm not supposed to give my oppinion in this because ever since I first played in an Amiga, I've always loved to play videogames, but #4 is really not an issue for me. :p I play multiplayer with several of my friends (mostly male, there's only another female friend that played with us) some FPS - mostly Quake, but also UT - and mind you I really *really* suck at FPS :p (not my type of game at all, I'm more into RPGs, RTSs and starship simmulators), and everytime they want to play anf FPS online and I'm available, I play, get the last place and it doesn't bother me at all. ;)

But maybe that's because I actually enjoy videogames already. :p

21. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    You've got a girlfriend and the only thing you can think to do with her is play video games?! [face_shocked]

22. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    You've got a girlfriend and the only thing you can think to do with her is play video games?!

It's one of the great challenges of life, believe me. :p

23. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    My wife loves videogames. She's a huge fan of the Final Fantasy and Zelda series. She also likes to play Mortal Kombat against me every now and then.

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..my girlfriend enjoyed "Kingdom Hearts" and games like "Kirby's Pinball" and "A Boy and His Blob"...

My sister likes "Super Smash Bros. Melee", Goldeneye" and "Bust-a-move".. She also enjoyed sitting there and watching "Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time", though she did NOT want to play it...

25. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    omg that comic dan posted has my exact name in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.