main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how to grow a jedi braid?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by tomyangyang, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomyangyang

tomyangyang Jedi Master

Oct 18, 2005
  2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, you could grow one, or you could buy one!

:p

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I find the Padawan Chia Pets are great. You have the option of growing a braid AND a mullet. Great deal! AND only 19.99. ;)

4. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    This braid is a close neighbor of something Southerners call a rattail. :p
    Ok, did a google for you and the best thing I've been able to come up with is use an extension until your natural hair grows out.
    As for placement study Obi-Wan and Anakin in the movies.

Here are some posts on the matter:

All you have to do is go to the beauty supply, any beauty supply . They will have all manner of hair, real fake or otherwise...braided unbraided you name it. You will find about ten packages of hair, colored so close to your own you will be at a quandry as to which to choose...LOL Spirit gum works if the braid isn't too heavy that and a few tiny rubber bands. Theres also hair bond glue which is a latex base that you can use to glue either to your own hair or your scalp... it holds ok but if you have an oily scalp and realy many people naturaly do It may not stick well.

I have also seen what looks like metal crimps that people put around the connecting point to bind the braid to their hair, I can see how that may work well if you have just a tiny lil braid of your own hair to start with. If not you may have to go the glue route.

If you have enough hair to do it , you can start the braid and literaly weave the fake hair into your own ...rubber band it and continue the braid...or get the pre braided hair and attach it to your own braid even if you only have an inch and a half of your own hair it will work. Another method (if you have a starter braid of your own hair) is to actualy sew the two braids together and then wrap the "Union" with thread .

And one from a hair dresser

I am a hairdresser, Yay! something I know about!

How you attach it is definately dependant on how much hair you actually have. If you have a really short cut on the back, them I would definately agree with Matt. Glue would be the only way to go, but it doesn't look terribly natural.

The best place to get hair would be an African American hair place. They use ALOT of extentions and stuff and would be very knowledgable. Most places that sell artificial hair will also have little tiny pre-braided peices you can buy, or they can order one (don't be afraid to ask) the best way to attack them temporarily if you have enough hair to cover it would be a tiny little clip. The ones that hold best are little metal ones that pop open an closed depending onwhether the middle is pushed in or out... (that probably madelittle sense) They lay flat to the head when snapped closed. To put it in just lift up the hair above where you want it to be and clip it securely to the hair underneath, if done properly when you drop the hair above back down it should cover the little clip.

If you don't want to fiddle and want something more permanent go the any place that does extentions, for one braid I can't really see than charging you too much, or if they do go to a shcool that teaches how to do hair extentions.

Hope that was at least a little helpful!

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Get a weave yo!

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Wow, ForceMedic. I wasn't aware such time and effort could be gone into growing your hair! :p

Amazing!

7. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Im a woman, you'd be surprised how much effort can be put into hair! :-B

8. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Just a quick question, wouldn't having a braid denote that you're only a padawan ?

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, I think so.

But the original poster I think is going for this look as he wrote:

10. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I guess the use of the word Padawan should have pointed me in the right direction really [face_laugh]

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hmm... no clue how to grow a braid. My hair's already long, so I just braid a piece of it. :p

But yeah, just go buy it. Saves you time and trouble from pesky braiding. ;)

12. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    grow a rat tail instead. ;)

13. claytonian

claytonian Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    Black lady: Uh, can I help you? Are you lost?
    Padawan: Uh, actually, I need a hair extension.
    Black lady: Okaaay, how many?
    Padawan: Just one. You see, I wanna look like a Jedi in training.
    Black lady:... *White people are crazy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.