main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How to market a Fan Film?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthJansen, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJansen

DarthJansen Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2010
    Hows it going everyone?

I'm directing my Star Wars short which takes place the same year as ANH.

It revolves around Tristan, a jedi whose training was incomplete when his master Cedric sacrificed himself so he could escape from Clone Troopers during Order 66. He later develops a drinking problem and loses his lightsaber, which is found by two troopers seperated from their platoon. They fight and he conquers his problems via communication with his dead master...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to market a Star Wars Fan Film and get it some attention, aside from simply posting it on youtube.

Superhero/Comic/Sci-fi conventions are one obvious route that will be taken, but im more interested in viral activity that wouldnt involve spamming.

Please move this thread if its not in the right place.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yes, this is the wrong place to post this. But I can't move threads. They can only be locked as far as I know.

You should go to the FanFilms forum and read their introductory thread to find out about marketing a film.

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_films_fan_audio_scifi_3d/b10015/18337989/p1/?69

But really, should should finish the film before marketing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.