Lightsabers & Blasters How to mod your Master replicas Anakin ep.III FX lightsaber for removeable blade in 10 steps

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Enzerumo, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    What you will need:
    a drill with small drill bits and various phillups and flathead bits,an allen wrench that fits,soder and sodering tool if you screw up,and tape dosen't matter what kind.

1.Take out battery pack(DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH IT IN I GOT SHOCKED)
    2.Remove details remove all 4 pins for the quick recharge socket and belt clip.
    3.Drill a hole in the center of the blade power adjust(on front) and blade length adjust(on back) and unscrew.
    4.Pry the golden design plate in the activation box and unscrew(DO NOT PULL HARD)unscrew tiny screws and pull it out.
    5.Push switch in to the hole in the case if its not big enough then use a drill.
    6.Unscrew the Allen head screw at top.(DO NOT REMOVE PRIOR TO THIS STEP)
    7."Genty"pull blade out of outer frame.
    8.Locate the two metal pins at the top that go all the way through the frame and hammer out with a small screwdriver and pull out with plyers.
    9.Slowly pull out blade and set aside.
    10.Put it all back togeather and turn on you should have sound and motion control
    insert blade when ever you wish on or off it will still light when on.
  2. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was told you can just pry off those copper colored buttons. You don't have to drill through them.
  3. siLv_Rieekan Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice guide but i also think that you dont have to drill holes.
  4. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Come to think of it, I don't think you have to remove the belt clip and those 4 pins either.
  5. electrakitty Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would sooo love to do this to my Anakin saber, but I'm too scared I'll break it. Guess it'll stay as it is :)
  6. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Drill the holes or you wont be able to get the back on as for the belt clip i took it off so as not to damage it or other things and the pins remove them you wont be able to budge the inner case with them in there when you have as much time on your hands as i do the look at it with a magnafing glass and you'll see.
  7. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds interesting, but easiest way is probably to buy one without the blade ;)
  8. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    can't buy a MR saber with removeable blade
  9. sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he's talking about the LE
  10. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i did it with my darth vader one to but i did not do a good job now i can switch blades and im working on replacement blades
  11. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i c but isn't it cheaper this way?
  12. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    im holding my anikin saber with red blade right now
  13. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    woot i figured it out how to make more blades let me do some research on the name of something and then ill tell you
  14. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=31
    for el wire and blade supplies
    and
    http://shop3.outpost.com/product/2421710?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    for DIN plug
    connet and vala
    Note:Untested may or may not work
  15. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Posting 5 times in 24 minutes is kind of obnoxious. Try to put all your thoughts together before hitting that post button. And it's spelled "voila."
  16. JainaMSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Using some punctuation will also help us understand your instructions better.
  17. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok,everybody is a critic.
  18. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    And some people ^ are just too lazy to write properly.

Keep in mind that this is the way you are presenting yourself to the world. Don't you want people to have a good impression of you? Take some care when you are are writing. What's ok when IMing, is not so great when posting on message boards.
    ;)
  19. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Enzerumo, also keep in mind that you can edit your post up to 90 minutes after first posting it. Keeps the place cleaner, friendlier, easier to understand. :)
  20. Madison Jedi Padawan

No drilling involved, just a lot of courage to get those copper buttons off. [face_worried]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/AvalonPhoto/IMG_2379.jpg]

My wonderful MR saber--- uhh I mean FX saber.

[Madison]
  21. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, see? You don't have to drill anything. Madison, did you have to remove the gold pin things?
  22. sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's my plan, I believe I am getting an FX Anakin RoTS saber so I plan to take out the mr blade, and just put an el kit in this way everytime I want the blade in I dont have to take the whole piece apart and reassemble all over again, do you think its worth it? I dont know I've ne ver tried this with anything so keep that in mind....
  23. Madison Jedi Padawan

There are a couple sets of pins. Do you mean the gold input sections for a "quick recharge"?

EDIT: If you guys want I can set up a picture by picture instructional to removing the blade. Might have time later, but I'll see who is interested.

24. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah those things. Two little holes with 2 gold pins in each toward the emitter end. Did you have to remove those?
  25. Enzerumo Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok so you dont have to drill i was wrong but i had to i pried them off and i could not get them back on so i had to dill to get to the screws
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.