main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters How to mod your Master replicas Anakin ep.III FX lightsaber for removeable blade in 10 steps

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Enzerumo, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frithy

frithy Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    bumping in the hopes of a response

2. Danimaul

Danimaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Yes, it has already been posted in here... Same instructions, but take out the "drill holes in copper buttons" part and insert "pry buttons off carefully."
    I like to use those small jeweler's screw drivers.

3. blademaker

blademaker Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    what would happen if you drilled out the grip rivets and didnt put them back in after when youd finnished would t all fall apart? or would it just be a bit loose?

4. Darth_Capulus

Darth_Capulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But is there any way of taking apart the Anakin AOTC MR saber? I know they are not as easy as the new 2005 models, but if anyone has done this any help would be great.

5. DALVALUCARD

DALVALUCARD Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    The aotc saber is fun but super easy. Just find the screw's and remove them(you can remove the triangular screw with scissors). When you get to the on/off switch you'll have to pop it off and cut the wires then remove the screw under the switch. Then everything pop's out the bottom. I have Pics I just need to find them then i'll post them. Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.

6. Darth_Capulus

Darth_Capulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    I just got the whole thing apart about a day ago and I was able to aviod cutting the switch wires

7. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    as we speak im working on a ROTJ Luke rerelase tutorial,yes it has pics unfortunaly it does not have a removable blade but for some reason the clash still works if you bang the hilt
    I lost some of my buttons to me anakin so a pic tutorial is out of the ? form me
    cant wait to get a maul to take apart
    the coustom saber shop now does MR saber conversions useing a led fo LukeROTJ,AnakinROTS,VaderROTS

8. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I did the same thing with my Luke ROTJ. I'm going to make a custom hilt for it. I did cobble together a tutorial with photos:

http://www.freak23.com/ROTJ_hilt_removal/

I was going to post a thread, but I was waiting to figure out if there was a better place to put the info.

-Kyle

9. crowe07

crowe07 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Quick question, how does the size on the hilt of the MR FX saber (anakin episode 3) compare to say, the MR limited edition hilt or just a graflex conversion, is it noticably bigger?

10. CagedReality

CagedReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    It's slightly bigger. Someone posted a picture of their MR FX Anakin next to a graflex but I can't remember where.

11. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    BTW can you remove the Vader ANH blade

12. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    you might but it might be a different configration

13. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yep, there used to be a thread on this on the rpf.

14. Darth_Phebios

Darth_Phebios Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    I went to rpf.invisionzone.com and searched for this step by step tutorial but no luck. I even did a google search.

Does anyone have a step by step tutorial for modding an Anakin EpIII FX saber for using a removeable blade (and maybe even one that includes wiring up a luxeon LED)?

15. Mae

Mae Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2004
    I've removed the blade, without permanently destroying it. It can be placed back in and everything works.
    If I have some time, I'll get a picture tutorial going.

<Mae>

16. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    This tutorial is kinda dated. The new Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB doesn't have the ability to have removable blades unless you do a Luxeon conversion to them or do some serious modification. They removed the AT connector and it's hardwired again.

17. Worm5

Worm5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Yeah, I found that one out the hard way. I first got an Anakin FX in the summer of '04, and about two or three months ago, after carefully reading this thread, decided to try to take out the blade. I got it out, and saw that it was removable, but unfortunately I had to cut the wires for the activation box, and couldn't get them to stay together. I really thought it would be awesome to have a working, removable blade for halloween, though, so I went ahead and bought another Anakin FX, took it apart, and then found out the blade wasn't removable. I ended up ruining that activation box, too, anyway though, lol. At least I have a pretty prop to hang on my belt now, though.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone know how to get the blade out of a Mace Windu FX? I got one a little while back, for Halloween, but unfortunately, somewhere along the way, it got dropped on concrete, and the tip of the blade cracked a little, and now I've noticed that the last several inches doesn't light up at all anymore. I love the hilt though, so I've decided to just ditch the blade (the Luke RotJ is more fun, anyway) and keep the hilt as a prop.

18. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    There's a Mace Tutorial here somewhere.
    Took a friend's apart, not the new one, the first one.
    Some of it's pretty obvious. Basically unscrew everything you see. Watch out for the little gold nubs inside the battery area. Pull back the material close to the hilt and unscrew that screw. You'll feel where it is through the material.
    Pry the switch off carefully.
    Fairly easy.

Also, for the latest FX sabers, is it possible to add a connector to the wires?

19. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I asked this question in another thread, but I'll ask again, does anyone know when the DM saber comes out? And is it true that you have to buy two separate 1/2 pieces to get the full thing... totalling up to $200?

20. R1ceBoi58

R1ceBoi58 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    I'm stuck on step 7. I can't pull the blade out. Do I have to pry out those wierd orange things that look like buttons? Sorry, I don't know much about PARTS of the lightsaber.

21. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    No one knows yet, as no one has their to try to mod yet..
    As for the two halfs yes it will be bought in two halves with a connecter whether it will be 200 for both I doubt.

22. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    R1ceBoi58, that's gotta be the best signature I've ever seen![face_hypnotized]

23. R1ceBoi58

R1ceBoi58 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    ^^^ Thanks. Um... I'm still stuck on how to do this. Did I do something wrong? The blade won't come out.

[image=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e242/R1ceBoi58/DSC02805.jpg]

I really want to get the blade out really badly.

24. darthpaperclip03

darthpaperclip03 Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2004
    Well hey, I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for their input. I recently bought a "damaged" anakin ep3 force FX saber off of eBay. The blade didn't light up anyways so I used removal steps and now i have a nice lightsaber replica for about $40!!

25. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    Is there going to be a tutorial for the MR Anakin, with pics or not?

I would like to see it done completely before i try.[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.