main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters How to mod your Master replicas Anakin ep.III FX lightsaber for removeable blade in 10 steps

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Enzerumo, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartyBrandt

MartyBrandt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2004
    Hey guys,

Just to let you know. If you have the Anakin FX saber with the real metal brass pins in the "recharge ports" aka the the black holes below the emitter with gold pins in them. You have the newer version that you CANNOT have a removable blade.

The Anakin FX sabers with the plastic painted pins is the older one that you CAN have the removable blade on.

Just thought I would throw in an FYI.

2. morpheus1977_2000

morpheus1977_2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    yea but how can you tell if they are metal or not I cant tell also do both versions have the small wire harness that comes off the black section into the silver section or does that mean that blade is hard wired?

3. Lord_Natas

Lord_Natas Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2005
    Why do you say it can't have a removable blade?I have converted 3 Anakins with the real brass pins and they all have a removable blade.Just curious

4. illbeats

illbeats Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Great post!!

5. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    Hey i jost got my anikin fx and im not de-blading it but i took off all the noobs so i could re-glue them (its reasuring for me) and found that all you have to do is 1. for the nob under the prongs just take a pair of pliers and twist it off and 2. the big brass button on the other side just pops out if you take a small srewdriver and stick it under there (you might want to take your time if you dont wanna scratch the saber up).

6. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/De-bladed%20anakin%20fx/?action=view&current=100_0291.jpg

I just made a picture tutorial of how to de blade a Ep.III Anakin fx and still be able to put it back in. The pics are in reverse order so 11 is the first and 1 is the last.

7. SithLord7768

SithLord7768 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2005
    just in case anyone dosnt know...the best way to modify your force fx vader esb and anakin sabers is to goto thecustomsabershop.com

they have great tutorials there...i have converted my esb vader into a luxeon 3 star removable blade

8. Ti-el_Terall

Jan 11, 2006
    Bumping for updates! I just got a Luke FFX last week and i followed the tutorial posted earlier only to find this. The emmiter can be unscrewed with some force and there is a divet in part of the top. A little piece of plastic sticks out and you have to pull it out with a pair of pliers. Also the battery compartments are now glued in place so I dont know how your going to get around that. Mine is now completly trashed[face_beatup]

9. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    beat me to it. i was gonna say the same thing. anyways, yeah, go there and readup.

i too did a esb vader MRfx convert to a red lux 3 watt led. and i sold it to a guy at the con this year for 200 bucks. it only cost me 50 for the saber, and another 50 for parts so i made a 100 on it.

10. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    tim has tutorials on most saber fx converts, some arent completed yet tho.

11. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    Look what I did ;)
    [image=http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/5159/dcfc0048wq0.jpg]

12. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked for recent query. :)

13. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I was going to say i havent seen this post for a long time. wow.

14. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Ok, I just won an auction on Ebay for a Master Replicas Episode V Darth Vader non-working FX lightsaber (there's a mouth full). Now, I have a Heiland flash unit with the correct spring on the emitter section and I want to convert the FX saber into a really nice replica prop for display.

The problem with the FX saber I won is that it's missing the battery pack with the end cap to hold it in place. Since this is a pretty integral detail for the final prop, I need to replace it. Obviously, I don't want to buy another FX saber just to complete that section but that part is specific to the Master Replicas FX saber, so replacing the end cap with a Heiland version won't work.

Any suggestions?

15. VillieGeeISGAY

VillieGeeISGAY Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008
    I don't even know where to start with that so bye-bye.

16. VillieGeeISGAY

VillieGeeISGAY Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008

Ok, I just won an auction on Ebay for a Master Replicas Episode V Darth Vader non-working FX lightsaber (there's a mouth full). Now, I have a Heiland flash unit with the correct spring on the emitter section and I want to convert the FX saber into a really nice replica prop for display.

The problem with the FX saber I won is that it's missing the battery pack with the end cap to hold it in place. Since this is a pretty integral detail for the final prop, I need to replace it. Obviously, I don't want to buy another FX saber just to complete that section but that part is specific to the Master Replicas FX saber, so replacing the end cap with a Heiland version won't work.

Any suggestions?

Up to here you were fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.