main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How to read AOTC CD with computer?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DernierSourire, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DernierSourire

DernierSourire Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2001
    I bought my CD 2 days ago. The sleeve says "WON'T PLAY ON PC/MAC".

It indeed doesn't work on computer ! Anybody has a clue about how to be able to play it anyway on the computer ?

2. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Really? I'm listening to mine right now on my school computer...

3. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Use the force :cool:...that will help :p

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
  5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I know the British version is copy protected. Since you're in France and a warning similar to the UK copy protected disc resides on the packaging, you probably have the same problem.

If your disc is copy protected (and it sounds like it is), unless you want to get into some serious hacking that is beyond my abilities, it isn't going to play in your computer. Your only recourse would be to import the American version, which is not copy protected.

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    In fact, all European AOTC CDs are copy-protected and cannot be played on the computers. Czech Star Wars Universe website also confirmed this a few days ago.

7. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    works fine with me Cd rom. As long as it's an old one that Can't read MultiSession Disk it should work just fine :)

8. Bcanr2d2

Bcanr2d2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Well, normal CD players, ie ones you plug into your stereo, can't read multi-session discs, so this can't be their form of copy protection. They can only read the first session on the disc.

But listening to it now, and I like the final track very much, brings back some memories.

9. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    doesn't work on a computer? that's news to me. i'm listening to it on my comp now, and i have a really crappy drive...

10. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Anyone else tired of self-important turds who show up only to say "This should be in such-and-such a thread" or "this isn't relevant to this topic"? Jesu. Give 'em jackboots and an armband while we're at it.

Ims

11. Bcanr2d2

Bcanr2d2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    This is what is on a site regarding Copy Protection:

With the use of copy protection a corrupt data track is added behind the audio tracks. This confuses CD-ROM drives in such a way that they refuse playing. Normal audio CD player are not as smart as PC drives and therefore play them without taking note of the data track at the outside edge. If one now simply covers the data track then the PC drive cannot find anything at the place indicated in the TOC (Table Of Contents) and treats the medium like a normal audio CD.

If this is how they have protected the SW CD's, then you can try this to remove the confusion that this corrupt track does. Do at your own risk, making sure not to cross the line marking the two sessions.

12. Darth_Herb

Darth_Herb Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Line-Out on your portable disc player + stereo patch cable (Radio Shack or local equivalent $2.98) + Line-In on any decent sound card + any audio ripping software = pretty darn good quality copy, even if it's been through the D/A --> A/D cycle once more than otherwise necessary. Come on, folks, look for the easy answer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.