main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Violent will the Series Be?????

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by filmcell, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filmcell

filmcell Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    Let me just say that I really enjoyed the animated trailer posted a couple of weeks ago. I thought this series really will appeal to all sorts of fans. The series which debuted before Episode III were good but the cartoon look made it seem more geared toward children. Especially with each episode lasting about 5 minutes, it was a good attention grabber for kids. With this new animation, longer episode I wonder if George will allow more of PG-13 action/violence scenes to be shown. The previous animated series was pretty tame considering the violence in EP III. Plus, tv has evolved thru the years showing more violence and language. The live action series won't debut for another two or more years leaving plenty of time for tv to evolve some more. Do any of you out there believe, since Lucas is'nt writing the episodes, he may allow other writers to push the envelope when it comes to the violence? Plus if he does, what kind of audience will this appeal towards??

2. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    I am hoping it will be rated TV 14 with a big V under it! You can't make a series about a war and not show violence. I think they will know that going into it. Just like Lucas didn't mind giving ROTS a PG-13. Given the subject matter, it just made more sense. I think this will be the same.

I hope we see people get shot, have limbs flying with lightsabers, the works. And I think they will deliver

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Just so we're all clear, is this asking how violent will the Live Action series be? Or the 3D Cartoon series? Or both?

4. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    I am of the opinion that the animated series should get a TV-PG rating, and the live-action should get a TV-14 rating.

5. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well there's a difference between violence and gratuitous violence. Star Wars is about wars, so naturally it's going to have some violence. If there wasn't some peril involved, it would be pretty boring. I can't imagine it being any more violent than the Tartakovsky CW was.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want Tarkin to perform a blood sacrifice in one episode to ward off the evil vampires. Er, Count Dooku.

Therefore it will need at least a PG-13.

7. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Lucas stated recently on the Conan O'Brien show that Clone Wars: The Animated Series will be PG-13 and he had no idea what time slot it will fit in: "not late at night, not Saturday morning"

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It should be consistent with the movies. If this series is suppose to mirrior a live action production then it should not be either silly willy or extreme. The 6 movies should be the norm.

9. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    I don't think it should "mirror" the films in any way, but should instead be its own entity. It will have to be in order to stand on its own and be successful. All an imitation of the films will do is make the series look silly and look like an imitation, while cheapening the movies.

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don;t think he means the series should imitate the movies, but rather be in a similar style, in terms of action, violence, etc.... And I actually think that as far as the question goes, the shows will probably be more violent than the movies, but clearly we're not going to totally see Star Wars change what it is. I think for instance, there will still be very little, if any blood. Viol;ence will still be of a "fantasy" kind, so we're not going to be talking reservoir dogs here. ;)

11. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Maybe on the elevel of Pulp Fiction ;) "aaahh man I shot Marvin in the face"

12. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    G-Fett your right thats what I meant. I want something mature, but not something like Mace Windu super blocking every laser bolt thrown at him, then jumping super high, then running and doing super style acrobatics, coupled with the last scene where he bascially flies in the air to get into the seismic tank and then out. The violence should no be too extreme, but not silly.

13. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    But you've gotta admit those were some badass moments with Mace Windu in the original Clone WArs series. Almost seems like something Sam Jackson himself would have requested. [face_thinking]

14. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Mungo don't get me wrong, I loved the moments with Mace Windu, and I for one still say that he flew in that episode, even though some fans think he didn't. Especially at the end when he exited the seismic thing. He didn't run and then jump/leap. He was out of that window area like he was flying, and he had some damn good hang time from wear the seismic tank crashed until he landed on that hill top where that kid was. That was no super jump or leap. I thought it was awesome. Deep down inside, I always felt that jedi/sith can do stuff like that, but sadly to say it is probably only going to be relegated to this cartoon series, which many don't take serious.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I though tthe Mace episode was cool but I do not want to see that sorta thing on a regular basis.

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I thought the Mace episode summarized all that was wrong with the CW cartoon. Mace single-handedly takes on an entire droid army, hacking, slashing and punching his way through as the droids just stand there. A ludicrous super-weapon shows up and he flies in, blows it up and flies out. Yey! Mace defeats the droid horde! I know it's a cartoon, but that doesn't mean it can be completely unrealistic (in SW terms) and devoid of peril.

I have little hope the 3D series will be much better, but if the live-action series doesn't improve things considerably, then I'll regret the whole effort terribly. There must be a certain amount of violence, so that we fear for the protagonists' lives. So that the villain can really shine and the heroics truly save the day. Otherwise everything turns into a sequence of empty set pieces.

17. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Feb 6, 2004
    I think there will be the appropriate amount of violence. It is set during a time of war. I think it will still be STAR WARS type violence is very minor on the blood and guts... more limbs flying and burns and stuff. But that makes sense given the types of weapons used... blasters, lightsabers, and other energy weapons...

18. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    I predict it will have about the same amount of violence as Saving Private Ryan, Hostel II, and The Hills Have Eyes. [face_laugh]

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    If we're talking about the latest round of cartoons, I doubt they'll even get a rating. They'll air whenever the original Clone War cartoons aired. There was normal cartoon violence in that. As far as TV, I doubt that'll be considered any different than the movies themselves and will more than likely air in the 8-9 pm timeslot.

20. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Well, here on American TV, shows recieve ratings as well -- TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, TV-MA, etc., which are then further specified by things like "FV", which stands for "fantasy violence", etc.

[rant] Because heaven forbid parents actually pay attention to what their kids watch on TV, so obviously there should be some sort of rudimentary rating system so they only have to watch the first three seconds of the show before they can get back to their own lives. How dare those kids take up three seconds! :rolleyes: [/end rant]

21. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Feb 6, 2004
    too true. too true... or you could just say other countries are less severe with their censorship, which is also true. At any rate (or rating ;) ) I will watch it, and so will my kids someday *I have none yet!

22. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    If only the US Government would have invested as much concern with homeland security during the 90's as they did about setting the seeds for communism...

23. EOMER-WINDU

EOMER-WINDU Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2007
    I just hope we'll get to see Mace Windu with some major Vaapad action. No offense, but the fight scene in Episode III just didn't show Mace's true potential. It'd also be cool if they did five or six episodes based on "Shatterpoint" That book is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.