main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How was Anakin created?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by jimbostank, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbostank

jimbostank Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Is Anakin's creation just part of the prophecy? Because Palpatine tells Anakin that the one sith was powerful enough to create life. He told Anakin that before he told him about stopping people from dieing. So he could have been just trying to trick him. What do you all think?

Also how does Anakin join Yoda and Obi-Wan in the episode VI? How does Anakin learn this power?

Later
    Master Jimbo

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer on the subject of Anakin's birth. Perhaps Plagueis created him; perhaps Sidious did. Or maybe it was indeed an immaculate conception, else a mysterious father was involved of whom Shmi has no knowledge. I doubt Lucas will ever state the truth of the matter.

As to the second question, it's possible that Anakin learns the technique on his own; after all, love is the answer to the darkness, and it is Anakin's love for his son that redeems him. Through this compassion, Anakin is finally granted the eternal life he has been seeking: not through power or greed or darkness, but through love, which he had all along.

Failing that, Yoda and Obi-Wan save him from following his master into the eternal madness of the dark side, returning his spirit to the light. "When you fall, catch you I will".

3. jimbostank

Jun 5, 2005
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Star_Wars_Saga/b10456/20091829/?8

here is a good post for Anakins immortality

4. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    He was not created at all. Rather, he was begotten by the Living Force and conceived by the Midi-Chlorians. As the Son of Suns, he is the incarnation of the Force itself; it's true image, being fully the Force and fully Human. The Force had to become flesh and decend into darkness that it might destroy the dark from within for all time.

After his return to the Light, He himself became the Balance. Having been conceived by the Midi-Chlorians, he became a more perfect mediator between the Living Force and all life in the galaxy.

Neither Plagueis nor Sidious was ever able to create life. Only the Light is creative. The Darkness brings only destruction.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It is possible that Palpatine created him by manipulating the Force. That much could be implied from Revenge. In regard to only the Jedi being creative, and never the Sith--that isn't very true at all. The Sith are creative enough to conceal themselves and carry out the biggest series of political manipulations in the history of the galaxy. It took quite a bit for Palpatine to control the entire galaxy and to plan out the entire Clone Wars--a creative method for Jedi destruction. In the end it brought out destruction but it was creative. In contrast, The Jedi themselves aren't all that creative. They remain the same for thousands of years. The individual isn't allowed to question, they simply follow the orders of the council as if they were little more than drones. Only individuals like Qui-Gon, Dooku, and Anakin have originality.

While that is possible, I tend to believe the Force itself created Anakin. The thing Qui-Gon calls the living force.

-Seldon

6. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I said only the Light is creative, not the Jedi. I never once made the claim that the Jedi of the Old Republic followed the Light. Just the opposite is true in many ways.

Also, by creative I am not using the traditional meaning of the word, but rather the actual capability to form something of intrinsic worth and value. It is the difference between painting an image of the Mary as opposed to throwing dung on an image of Mary.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thank you for adding to the comment Rev. I understand what you're saying. I agree that the Jedi of the Old Republic don't really follow the light.

-Seldon

8. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Both of u make very interesting points.
    But why would Lucas give us the assumption that Anakin was conceived by the darkside by giving Palgueis the power to manipulate the midi-chlorians to create life.
    I still believe that he was conceived by the dark side and Sidious new this or he created him, that?s why he tried so hard to turn him, he know a Jedi of his power would destroy him, I believe that?s why they thought he was the chosen one, but I don?t believe Anakin was the chosen one he was just part of the prophecy

9. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    As the Son of Suns, he is the incarnation of the Force itself; it's true image, being fully the Force and fully Human.
    I'm sorry, but I disargee. I think you're pulling a bit too much on Christianity here. Anakin is not the Force itself. He was simply concieved by the Force....aka: the Force manipulated the midichlorians within Shmi to concieve him. Does Anakin potentially have the strongest connection to the Force that has or ever will be achieved by a human? Yes. But is he the Force? No.

The Force had to become flesh and decend into darkness that it might destroy the dark from within for all time.
    Well, that's kinda stupid (no offense to you personally), don't you think? The Force itself had to become evil to defeat evil? Like the Force itself isn't strong enough on its own power to defeat evil outright with its own good? I think that's ridiculous. I'll say it again: Anakin is simply a(n imperfect) human being with an incredible Force connection. Could he have restored balance to the Force without falling to the Dark Side? Yes. Did he ultimately fail that option and take the long road instead? Yes.

Neither Plagueis nor Sidious was ever able to create life. Only the Light is creative. The Darkness brings only destruction.
    Again, don't be so sure. Good (light) is the only ultimate truth. Evil (darkness) is simply a perversion of that truth. Can darkness create? No. But it can twist and manipulate. Plageuis could have very well had the ability to manipulate midi-chlorians to create life. But did he create Anakin? I very much doubt it. I find it much more likely that, if anything, he actually created Palpatine to be the "perfect Sith" who would one day be capable of finally bringing about their revenge upon the Jedi Order. Which would explain why Anakin was naturally concieved in a like manner by the light, in order to act as the only one who would ultimately be capable of stopping this threat, just as Palpatine's plans were finally beginning to be set into motion. "Nothing happens by accident." - Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) It would also further explain Palpatine motives for turning Anakin to the dark side: What better way to bring about revenge than by twisting the destiny of the Chosen One to serve him instead?

I agree that the Jedi of the Old Republic don't really follow the light.
    Now what is that supposed to mean? Of course they do! The Jedi of the Old Republic are devoted to following good, and being opposed to evil. They are selfless, not selfish. How could you possibly say otherwise?

10. jimbostank

Jun 5, 2005
    Masterjedi747,
    I like how you broke this down and think you made some great points

"Neither Plagueis nor Sidious was ever able to create life. Only the Light is creative. The Darkness brings only destruction.
    Again, don't be so sure. Good (light) is the only ultimate truth. Evil (darkness) is simply a perversion of that truth. Can darkness create? No. But it can twist and manipulate. Plageuis could have very well had the ability to manipulate midi-chlorians to create life. But did he create Anakin? I very much doubt it. I find it much more likely that, if anything, he actually created Palpatine to be the "perfect Sith" who would one day be capable of finally bringing about their revenge upon the Jedi Order. Which would explain why Anakin was naturally concieved in a like manner by the light, in order to act as the only one who would ultimately be capable of stopping this threat, just as Palpatine's plans were finally beginning to be set into motion. "Nothing happens by accident." - Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) It would also further explain Palpatine motives for turning Anakin to the dark side: What better way to bring about revenge than by twisting the destiny of the Chosen One to serve him instead?"

This is what I am kind of putting together. GL never really wrote out all of the episodes. So what if he has just tried to connect everything. And us fans are just trying to break it down and analyze a lot father and deeper. Will GL ever answer these questions? If not I see it as just interrupting it the way we want or believe.
    Anyways Masterjedi747, I like what you wrote I think that makes a lot of sense.

Master Jimbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.