main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How was balance brought to the Force?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by The_Mandalorian_, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Im positive this has been brought up and i apologize for creating this thread but ive used the search bar and ive come up with no results.

I need to know just how it is Anakin brought balance to the Force. I beleive its because he had the Skywalker children but I want the proper information to be sure. Of course including the Expanded Universe.

Follow the link provided below.

2. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Most people here think "balance" means mathematics -- equal number of Jedi and Sith.

Of course, this is wrong.

Lucas has said that the growth of the dark side was like a cancer, and that upset the natural equillibrium of the galaxy. The elimination of that cancer was the "balance".

Personally I also like to add a viewpoint that was the point of the Matrix trilogy. In Matrix, all three worlds were symbiotic and depended on each other. Everything was interdependent. The Force can be viewed this way. There is no light side and dark side. There is only the Force. It is both light and dark. But the Jedi ignore the dark and pretend it doesn't exist; instead they should acknowledge it, explore it, but keep it under check.

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
  4. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    So it was Anakin for having the Skywalker children that both redeemed him and killed Palpatine, thus bringing the balance? But what about the Dark Empire comics where Palpatine is cloned?

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    That's EU. The Movies are canon, anything EU that contradicts the movies isn't considered correct.

Anakin killed Palpatine. Anakin was the Chosen One and brought balance to the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.