main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL How was everyone's Christmas?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nosh_Dir85, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosh_Dir85

Nosh_Dir85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey you guys! I'm still pretty new to the boards, so I thought I'd see what you guys did for the holidays, and how fun it was! I'll start:

I worked christmas eve until about 7:00, then drove an hour and a half back home to WI, and met up with relatives. I am enjoying eating when I am hungry(college is tough), so how are all of you guys?

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Pretty quiet here...
    went to my sister's on Christmas Eve...
    stayed home Christmas Day....actually...I finally got to watch "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" on DVD.....bout time..I bought them the night they were released!

Sunday I worked on a Jedi sewing project most of the day...so....pretty quiet...and for me...that is the best present of all....a little free time!

3. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    My sister, her husband and my 4-yr old niece came in from Michigan. They haven't been here for Christmas since my niece was just a year old, so it was alot more fun this year (even though I had to sit and put together a My Little Pony castle Christmas morning for her).

I went out and finally bought the 3 new Star Wars DVDs (Droids, Ewok Adventures & Ewoks animated) the day after Christmas (with my Best Buy G.C.s - Woohoo!). My niece absolutely loved the animated Ewok DVD. I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy her a copy of her own to take home to Michigan. :)

4. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I got a lot of cool stuff. Like World of Warcraft, digital headphones for my i-pod. and some other cool stuff. Had my family over for a "Deno" cocktail hour. For the in the know Deno is the king The one and only Dean Martin!

5. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    I'm still recuperating.

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    All I know is I have the best girl in the known universe! Femme got me the Right Hand of Doom from Hellboy. I was totally floored by it. ITS MASSIVE!!! I love it!!

7. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Score!! [face_devil]That's awesome Goat!

My family got me a new Digital Camera and a Photo Printer for my PC, I've been taking pics constantly since Christmas. I'm honing in on my old Yearbook editor-in-chief skills so I can take more blackmail photos come next year. Hehehe!!!

8. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I got a John Deere hooded sweatshirt...

I guess that isn't too much of a score...

9. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    A hooded sweat shirt is always a score!

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I hear John Deer is all the rage with kids in Mokena. :)

Best gift: Theodin's sword; most useful: box of tampons with 20% more free.

11. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Theoden's Sword :eek: Wow! Next year I'm spending Christmas with the Fetts. And being that not everyone is yet acclimated to my raunchy sense of humor, I'll stay away from talking about the other gift.....at least on the boards! ;)

P.S.~~John Deere is only cool if you've never actually driven one and don't live within 30 miles of one. Thank you ****ing Ashton Kutcher for your wondrous submission to the fashion world. Don't knock it Schph, I'm sure you could sell it to some Orland teen quietly for toy money. Unless you really like it, of course.

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Christmas/ New Years was the usual combination of travel, eating, avoiding fights with mom, shopping, and laundry. Some last minute drama at work made things a bit more tense for me, especially since it started before I left for Christmas, was still going on when I returned to work last week, and was going strong when I left for New Year's. Oh well, Christmas in St.Louis was a balmy 65 degrees, so perhaps it all balances out.

As official 'presents' from the folks I received a steamer (for clothes), some new Corningware and a 35 piece knife set with wood block (mom said she was in a 'domestic mood'). Also received some books I wanted, some candles, kitchen gadgets from my brother and a few gift certificates for places I frequent (Borders, Jo-Anns, Dominick's).

From the house (or rather my mom's dramatically growing fabric stash), I nabbed about 10 yards of cotton flannel, another 10 yards of white muslin, 8 yards of yummie lace trim and ample use of mom's Jo-Anns employee discount. All in all I came home with about 50 yards of fabric, at least. [face_devil] Although in my defense, a good hunk of that is corduroy in various colors for some jumpers a lady at work requested.

Saw my brother and his wife over new year's, which was a lot of fun. On new year?s eve we have a ?cook off? of sorts where different people are in charge of different parts of the meal. Mom and I had appetizers, dad and sis had dinner, my brother and sister-in-law were in charge of dessert. The theme was ?New Orleans?, so the main dinner dish was shrimp and oyster jambalaya. On New Year?s day we all went to the Melting Pot for dinner, which is a fun place if you haven?t tried it yet. However this year I learned that I can no longer drink heavily two days in a row, and expect to be functional on the third day (especially after sleeping on craptacular bed both nights). I spent most of Jan 2 taking an extended 'nap' on my sister's bed. Although I'm sick as a dog today, so perhaps I can write off my lethargy yesterday to my sore throat today.

All in all a good time. Played with the dogs, watched movies, started planning renn faire gowns with mom, and did about a million loads of dishes and laundry. No family members had any meltdowns, major drama was avoided, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

~H~

13. SameerUCLA

SameerUCLA Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    not everyone is yet acclimated to my raunchy sense of humor, I'll stay away from talking about the other gift.....at least on the boards!

oh, please, do tell. ;)

Went up to Vancouver to visit family. Of course, now I'm paying for the 4 days off with a TON of shifts (and almost no days off for the next 2 weeks). <sigh>

- Sameer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.