main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Was I Supposed To Know?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by SegNerd, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SegNerd

SegNerd Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2015
    How was I supposed to know that games in SWC need to be "pre-approved"? Since the forum is filled with games, I think it was reasonable for me to think it would be okay to post a game there.

The rules for the various forums here are scattered across numerous locations, practically at random. Just for the SWC alone, I found rules posted here, here, here, and here. I have no idea how I was supposed to guess that the rules for games would be listed under "Welcome to the SWC."

I want to follow the guidelines, but I don't appreciate being punished for your lack of organization.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The thread stickied to the top of the page with the words "new users please read before posting" in the title wasn't a hint that you, as a new user, should have read it before posting? In fact, all of the threads you linked to here are either the JC Forums Terms of Service (which every user should read before posting), or stickied threads at the top of the SWC forum. One of them isn't even a rules thread, but a resource/question thread that we use in order to keep random question threads to a minimum.

Yes, you need to get new games approved by SWC Staff before you post them. Yes, you should have known that by reading our Welcome to the "SWC (new users please read before posting)" thread. You are expected to know the guidelines of any forum before posting there, that you did not is not the fault of SWC staff, it is your own. They are there stickied at the top of the page for everyone to see, and have been for some time.

I also fail to see how locking your thread is a punishment. You aren't being punished, your thread was locked because you didn't follow the established rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  4. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Yeah, serious business....

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think Bardan's post has this wrapped up, thus: locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.