main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How was the Dallas Comicon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Enough withholding information already! How was the show?

2. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Huh, I'm still waking up... :)

Personally I think the show was a blast and I hope everyone else had as good of a time as I did. I can't wait till we do it again...

Now I need to get started on some costumes for next year :)

I'll let eveyone else fill in with their experiences and what they thought of the show...

-Gary

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    It was alot of fun. Oklahoma took a sweep of the costume contest. Bree, Richie and Steve all took 1-3rd in adult. And Richie and Steve kids took 2 and 3rd, 1st was taken by a really cute little girl in a really good Jedi costume.

Ray Park was a great guy, he liked Dena, Otto's and I's we got a pick, but i dunno if it will come out or not.

Carrie Fisher was more of a run by signing then a meeting, but she sure racked in the dough.

It was wall to wall people, which kinda sucked but wasn't so bad once you got used to it.

We had lots of fun went to a movie (the Transporter is good, even though Lisa growned a little when he took off his shirt, which happened alot) and a place called Main Event that had bowling, laser tag, video games and pool all in one building.

The ride down was as fun as watching concrete dry. But i can't wait to go again some time.

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    It was an honor getting to meet and do the costume contest with y'all!

One of my favorite moments was during the contest, when Richie was outside in his Jango costume, doing a photo op...I was in my Obi-Wan garb, walked straight up to him and said something like "I'd like to have a word with you!" :D

Glad y'all had a good time, looking forward to the next one!

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    HAHAHahahha, that would have been great to see.

Funniest thing i saw with Richie was when they called him as a finalist twice and he just stood there because he couldn't hear everyone yelling at him threw the helmet. It was freakin' funny.

6. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    I am still waking up as well. I thought the show was pretty good. I wasn't there very much on Saturday except for a couple off hours. My Aunt and I worked on my costume right to the dead line. It wasn't finished when I got there, but it was safty pined enough to get the job done. I really liked Dena's costume. Everyone did a really good job on their costumes. I had a lot of fun dressing up. Gary and I are already brainstorming on costumes for next year.

7. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, I have a butt load of laundry to work on now, and Otto thank you very much for clogging up the toilet and not cleaning out your red tooth paste from the sink in what Mike and I call Otto's bathroom! That was a nice suprise to come home too! Thank God Mike can keep the master bathroom clean! Any way, it was great getting to meet you in person NaBooty Call. Your costume was awesome! You guys should see him, he ever has the hair and bread for Obi-Wan! Bree's costume is great! She looked so beautiful, and all the guys wanted to be around her! Yes, there is a costume I have wanted to done for 4 years now and never knew just how I would do it, but Gary is so smart that he has come up with a way to do it!!!! I have been jumping up and down while vacumming all morning, because I am so excited about it!!! I had a lot of fun with every one! You guys are the greatest friends! Thank you Bree, you looked like an angel in your costume! Ray Parks is so sweet and loved Mike's, Otto's and my costume! So all the others who didn't like my costume can blow it out their a--!

8. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    You go girl! That one lady had a real attitude problem. "I only take pictures of the costumes that I like." Whatever! I wonder if her nose was so stuck up in the air that it looks like a pig snout?

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    What, someone seriously said that ?[face_plain]

Well, how wuuuuude!!!

Seriously, y'all had the lock on costumes, great job, ladies & gentlemen!!!

10. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Yes, unfortunaly there was a girl there like that! She was the one in the Bun Leia, which is also a costume I was going to wear Sunday, but changed my mind do to all the rudness! Yes, now that you say that Bree, when I saw that guy yestersday dressed like a pig man, I almost mistaked him for her!!! Anyway, I still enjoyed being there, because of all the wonderful people in our Fan Force group! It was you guys and of course my sexy husband who made that vacation the best! Oh and I can't forget that wonderful Ray Park!

Oh and the costume contest was so fun! Man all the costumes where great! Just seeing all the things people come up with is so cool!

11. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    pictures? anyone got pictures?

12. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, Mike and I ran off without our camara, and he brought us a paper one, that is for outside pictures only, so we will see! But Gary had his there!

13. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    And sadly I totally forgot to take any pictures inside. I even forgot to get a good shot of Bree all decked out. I'm such a frickin slacker...

;(

-Gary

14. breeland

breeland Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    I just want to see one good picture. I didn't have my glasses on the whole time I wore it and I couldn't see a thing. Dena was kind enough to help me keep from tripping all over myself.

Gary and I brought three cameras and didn't use any of them. :D

15. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Like I said... I'm a slacker... ;(

-Gary

16. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    see what happens when the real cameraman doesn;t go along :) geez you guys suck :) hehe

now get back to work on my holocron prop type person !!!! hehe

17. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ed, I took pictures! :D

Just gotta finish off the rest of the roll before I can get them developed.

Lets see...

Nabooty, it was awesome meeting you! Your Obi-wan costume is dead on! Thought it looked fantastic!

Con memories lets see...

Linda Blair is tiny.

I agree with whoever made the comment about Carrie Fisher not being much for chitchat, but it was still damn cool to meet her.

Ohh and 1 small little tidbit got to meet Ray Park again. :D

When I get my photos developed, we'll post them for everyone to see.

18. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Holocrons, R2, Emperors Hand Belts, Imperial Guard Force Spikes, Twilek Lekkus, and various lightsabers... Jeez, I'm gonna have to start charging people :)

Nothing but love for all of you :)

-Gary

19. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    You forgot just one thing Gary..

You must find me the Jade Monkey before the next full moon....

20. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Oh, it was a blast!!!! I spent too much money! But my little creature and Playskool collections are coming along. :D

It was really nice meeting you Nabooty Call! Kudos on the costume and Obi1 look! You really can pull it off. I would have liked to have meet more people from other FanForces, but I will work on that next time.

Ray Park is hot. But you guys knew that. :D ;)

I still can't believe that Bree's frist time out with a costume and she takes 2nd! That was so awesome. All that hard work and staying up late really did the trick. :)

The Transporter was good, but I don't think I would say I was growning. It was more like gasping! LOL! :) At least I wasn't snoring through it like Otto.

My tatoo is still a little sore. But it is developing a nice thick scab and I think it will heal nicely.

All in all, a very good time. I can't wait for the IMAX release! I am trying to brainstorm a quick Jedi costume. A NJO costume is what I think I will try to do. We will see. :)

Ice Queen

21. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Oh yea, i left my helmet in your car trunk. :/

22. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    For your viewing...erm, pleasure: pictures.

23. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Excellent pics!!! We really did have a good time. Billy-I guess the pic with you, me and Dena didn't turn out? ;)

Mike2-D2, I do have your helmet. Do you want me to bring it by after work tomorrow?

Ice Queen (aka Arctic Monarch)

24. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Gary,

You signed up for the job voluntarily...no one held a blaster to your head :) :) although if you need I can probably arrange that :)

25. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm glad everyone had a good time. I wish I would have been able to go. It turns out that I had the money but I had to work. Oh well, I got to play some really good Paintball games. Cool pics BTW.

~:Joe:~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.