main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How was your Hotel?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I am just curious what everyone thought of their hotel. We stayed in the Embasy Suites and it was pretty nice. The rooms all had balconies lining the inside with glass elevators and We recieved free breakfast each morning. On the downside, the room we had was probably a bit small (although we overbooked it to save $) and the internet room was only open Monday - Friday until 5pm, so I had to wait until late Sunday night to check my email.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I stayed at the Crown Plaza at Union Station. If I ever meet the idiot that thought it would be a good idea to put a hotel next to train tracks I'm gonna kick him in the nuts.

3. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I stayed at both the Comfort Inn and the Westin..Both were great IMO..
    The Westin rated high because of the little extras and being connected to the convention center..The bed was sooo comfortable(when I finally was able to sleep that is)

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, I've got no complaints. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott that was 4 blocks away. While it wasn't the fanciest of digs, I paid a happy $39.95 a night as an employee. Saaa-weeet!

I really like downtown Indianapolis as a whole. It was very easy to negotiate on foot.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I stayed at the Thompson Road Days Inn (not downtown). It was around 10 minutes from the Celebration, with only having to make a couple of turns (hard to get lost). The room itself was OK. There were loud people next door one night. I met a few other fans there. It was a lot less expensive than the downtown hotels.

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Embassy Suites was great! They must have lost money with the free happy hour this weekend. :) It's nice to have more than a donut for a free breakfast as well.

7. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Stayed at the Downtown Marriott and it was really terrific.

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I was at the Comfort Inn a few blocks from the convention center, and I have no complaints at all. Room was clean, roomy, and everyone was nice. They get an A+ in my book!

9. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott (across from the entry line for the fan club)and they were great. Clean, comfortable room; friendly, professional staff (one staff member even went to the basement to get me a Coke since they only sold Pepsi in their store); great food and service in the restaurant. Even with all the pressure from different groups staying there this weekend they were a class act.

Carolyn

10. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I was at the Westin, and it was great. I have to agree with jedilona, the beds were incredably comfortable. I only wish they would have put all the people who booked through WotC on the same 1 or 2 floors. I didn't really run into that many Star Wars fans in the halls, but then again I was only in the halls coming back after the convention and going to the convention. Also, I don't know if anyone else at the Westin saw this, but the group therefor their prom or something like that looking at everyone all weird. Hahahahaha. Sucks for them. I also have to say that the floors of the Embassy Suites was pretty comfortable, especially when it was my only option. Thanks again Rox, Fluke, greencat339, and everyone else. You know who you are.

11. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Crowne Plaza was nice, but not as connected to the ICC as advertised. The whirlpool was great and the restaraunt in the lobby was a nice place to catch breakfast.

12. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Embassy Suites was great. Free breakfast and happy hour. Not to mention quite the 501st presence.

!snap

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I stayed at the Days Inn downtown. I loved it! Their breakfast left a little to be desired ( ;) ) but it was really cool still and there were quite a bunch of fans for being so far away. :)

Oh, for anyone who stayed at the Marriot (across the street from the convention center, did any of you notice 2 girls wearing green (one with her face painted green)? I talked to them a bit in line and I was wondering if anyone saw them there. :)

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown (the one that was kitty-corner from the corner of the ICC). The room was great, comfy bed. Helpful friendly staff. The only thing was the lack of continental breakfast. Either that or I simply missed it.

15. freudguy

freudguy Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    We stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We liked the hotel though the trains were louder than I thought they would be. The service was excellent - we had room service every night and the meals were fantastic. The hot tub was nice, my son and I enjoyed the pool (in it every day, you may have seen us if you were there). The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again if I was in Indianapolis again.

16. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    We were at the Comfort Inn about 15 minutes out of the city. The room was good, rather simple for the price per night, but it did have a king-sized bed (though I discovered that while couples do need space, king-sized might be a little too much ;)), and...

A WHIRLPOOL!!!!!!!!!

Now, I simply cannot get over how utterly wonderful this invention is. I and my SO both agreed that a whirlpool could be the answer to world peace. :D ;)

17. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Now a whirlpool would have been fabulous...
    I didn't have much time though, but I definitely needed that after Saturday(the crowds, the lines, the madness oh my!!)

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    We stayed at the Embassy suites and loved it. Nice to walk back during a break and have lunch and hit the celebration again. We got our moneys worth from Breakfast and Happy hour. No sipping of beers, just drink fast. =)

19. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    The Westin is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Four hours of sleep on one of their beds was like seven hours on a regular firm bed. We ate breakfast at Shula's Steak House before we left Indy... expensive ($18!) but worth it (prime aged filet mignon and eggs... mmmmm) :D

The best part about the Westin was the skywalk. :)

20. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    The Crowne was wonderful. Full of history and comfort. A whirlpool can do wonders for a fan's poor feet and legs at night. And we sneaked (sp snuck) into the big con room....
    "It's beautiful!" The original train station receiving room. Glorious stained glass. Wonderful woodwork. 4 stories high. If you're into historic architecture, you missed a treat by not sneaking into the Crowne.

And the service was great. Did I mention the whirlpool?

21. MaraJade21

MaraJade21 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I stayed at the the Hyatt across from the State Capitol with Just about every 501st legion in the same hotel. Pretty coool. :) The Room was Great. I had a king sized bed,Fluffy pillows, nightly turndown with chocolate mint on the pillow, coffee maker with coffee,cream,and sugar, hairdryer, newspaper. I was so impressed by the selection of hotels WTOC put us fan club members up in. Anybody else stay at the Hyatt and feel the same?

MaraJade21

22. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites. They stuck me in a smoking room. As a very recent ex-smoker, it was TORTURE and I lost a lot of sleep.

But the Star Wars experience made up for it!

23. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I stayed at the Courtyard across the street from the convention center. Nice place, clean room, great staff. No complaints. An added bonus was that the Penske racing crew was also staying there. Star Wars and Penske racing who could ask for a better combo.

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    we were at the wellesly in the unknown regons .it was 8 miles from the con center . didnt see much of the room . i guess it was ok . not nearly as nice as some of yours sound , but ,we just slept there .

25. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    I stayed at the Westin and have to agree with everyone about the beds. I have been telling everyone in office how comfy it was. I am glad to see it is just wasn't me halucinating.

But what I liked most of all was the great water pressure running through the double shower head.
    After spending 12hrs walking and talking on friday it felt great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.