main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How was your Hotel?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I stayed @ the Courtyard across the street. It was nice and comfy...they needed more vending though, only thing. Jeditalk was there, which was handy--even though I only got to go up once. Whatever housekeeper got my room was lucky...cleaned everything up and left a phat tip ;)

2. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Dang, if I had known the Penske racing crew was at the Courtyard, I probably would have been in the hotel more then the convention. I am a big fan of Indycars. ;)

Anyway, the Courtyard by Marriott downtown was very nice. It was quiet, comfortable and the staff was very plesant. I got to check in early, which was a plus, and the free parking at the facility meant that I was able to get out of downtown and comeback without the fear of looking for a parking space. Plus, I had a secure place to keep my rental car (and all the stuff in it) after checkout on Sunday. My room also had a great view of the baseball field, even though I don't watch baseball that much. If I was, I'd request that room on future visits. The lack of a skywalk was a little bit of a downer, but the walk was short enough and Skywalks didn't make a difference anyway in the morning. :)

It was fun being a guest on JediTalk for a couple nights (almost a guest host). Lars, Kal and Darion (and the rest of the staff) are great guys. They really strive to put on a quality show and work well to keep the standards of that show high. My hat's off to them.

3. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I stayed that Courtyard as well and besides the vending machines not taking my dollar bills and there not being free donuts or something along those lines (even though it was nice TGI Friday's was open extra early) everything else was very nice. The only annoyance was I didn't rent a car and coming to the realization that any grocery stores or even a 7-11 was a several block walk one way. Oh and I took in a baseball game on Thursday and it was a very nice and clean baseball park. They even wiped down the seats before you sat down. I'd like to see that happen at Dodger Stadium.

4. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    My husband and I stayed at the Motel 6 by the airport. We also were placed in a smoking room--I must have forgotten to ask for non-smoking when I made the reservation. It was easy access via our Thrifty rental car to parking lot 4 behind the RCA Dome on all three days. We even drove down Thursday evening to check out the convention center (by the way, the visitors center by Nordstrom's in the mall had free internet access, so we were able to check email--they were open all weekend). Our room was tiny, but we were not there for very long each day. The best thing was the Denny's next door. Next celebration, I am going to stay closer to the venue--it will be our 25th wedding anniversary year, so we will ask for a good hotel as a present from our six children and nine grandchildren!

5. OUTLANDER-X

OUTLANDER-X Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    I agree with everyone about the Westin. the rooms were nice, beds were incredibly comfy and the staff was excellent. (Didn't eat the food-my 4 year old has a stomach the size of an acorn and I wasn't about to spend $10 bucks on a burger he wasn't going to eat. I'm sure it was good though.)

Again, the staff was incredible. After check out at 1:00 on Sunday, they took our baggage and loaded our car and kept it for us until we were done. All we had to do was ask the valet and 5 minutes later we were on the road.-all that and more with a smile!

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    The Westin was a great hotel, a bit pricey, but very nice indeed. The beds were "heavenly". Did anyone else put the shower cap and robe on and jump on the bed pretending to be Darth Toiletry? ummmm oh yeh, me neither.

funny story, after spending 8 hours in the carrie fisher line and heading back to the hotel in quite a bit of a daze, I was extremely happy to see the "complimentary" hors douvers (sp), well after snagging a pig in a blanket I realized I somehow was crashing someones prom. Pretty embarassing but I laughed my arse off in the elevator up.

7. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    We stayed at the Marriott the first night...nice. And at the Renaissance Tower Inn the next two nights...which was very nice except for a few things:
    1)an extremely important message was not given to me, no note, not flashing light, nothing at all and the message was left for us the day we checked in...we had reservations and everything...ruined a good weekend for the person who left the message.
    2)nobody was in the office until 9am
    3)no continental breakfast or coffee until the office opened up...more than a few people complained.

Other than that it was clean roomy and comfortable. But, I'll never stay there (Renaissance Tower) again if they don't think it's important to get messages to their guests.

8. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I stayed at the Crowne Plaza at Union Station. It was pretty nice. I could've done without the trains going through in the middle of the night, but as it's attached to Union Station, it's to be expected, unfortunately.

~*~Bria

9. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    We were at the Omni. We had great fun putting Star Wars items in our window and seeing folks across the way doing the same.

However, the Omni was too expensive ($148 a night after taxes). The resturants were outrageous and they didn't appreciate us sending out for pizza rather than buying theirs. The pillows were feather and poked me in the head all night long. The mattress lumpy, the sheets were rough. The towels were abundant, but rough as well. The decor was pleasing to the eye, but the room was rather small.

The real kicker was someone posted on one of these boards they got a room at the Omni for $52 a night....that was a good price, congrats to them. I wouldn't recommend it for anymore than that.

DJP

10. twonabomber

twonabomber Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Motel 6, baby. Denny's was next door, it was a short drive to Brad's Gold Showclub, and, at less than $50, left mo' money for collectibles on Sunday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.