main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How were Owen and Beru killed?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Biel Ductavis, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Was it by blasterfire from a stormtroopers, the burning as in Daley's books, an imperial vehicle like the flying fortress as in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina or were flamethrowers used?

Were they burned alive or end up this way postmortem after the fire at the homestead?

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009

So the tale goes.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that disruptors are supposed to disintegrate people in the EU and the newcanon, drawn from Vader's "I want them alive. No disintegrations" line to Boba - maybe the troopers used disruptors on them - resulting in their flesh (but not bones) disappearing entirely.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am pretty sure there was no pathologist on Tatooine to conduct a forensic autopsy on their remains, however. :p

5. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    LOL :) Star Wars - Medical Detective Series coming

Bazinga'd likes this.
  6. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Could also have been a surgical strike from Tie Fighters or the Stardestroyer in orbit.

7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Really? I thought it was something like this:

DarthRelaxus and enigmaticjedi like this.
  8. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Clear signs of an Imperial False Flag if you ask me. Lars Truther 4 Life!

Rellum Kire likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Owen and Beru had a personal Ark that they mistakenly opened.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I find the fascination with Owen and Beru's death on this message board pretty fascinating and only slightly worrisome. Thus, once more, I post this picture on the JC board.
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing it went something along the lines of "execute them" with blaster shots, and then being told to burn the homestead down to the ground to destroy evidence/ insure anyone hiding was also killed and simply to send a message to the entire planet (farmers talk) that you don't mess with the Imperials, yo.

11. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    It's the mystery. No other death in the OT was this graphic and we never heard much about what exactly happened.

It was so totally different to all the other dead we saw and it seemed to be strange and unusual cruel for the stormtroopers to kill an elderly couple this way!

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Vader probably gave orders to his stormtrooper squad to leave no witnesses. That's why they killed the Jawas too.

Rellum Kire likes this.
  13. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I almost wish they could have had this scene filmed. That way the tragic irony would've been felt in 2002 when we saw Anakin Skywalker meeting a younger Owen and Beru for the first time.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    What about the theory that Boba Fett worked in cooperation with the Stormtroopers or came in after the Stormtroopers to see to it that the deed was done, and that's why Owen and Beru ended up as charred corpses? Otherwise, why would Vader turn to Fett and specifically say to him "No disintegration this time" when he gave the bounty hunters the assignment to find Luke? We know Fett was on Tatooine at the time this all went down and he obviously knows his way around the planet and it's locales. I personally subscribe to this theory. Is there anyone that fully disagrees with this theory, not just open to it being true? I mean it does seem like Vader has more of a professional relationship with Fett than the other bounty hunters, one example being his involvement with the betrayal of Han and Leia at Cloud City.

MonkeyHouse143 and Darth Caliban like this.
  15. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    I always thought the "No Disintegrations" Line meant that Boba shouldn't use Thermal Detonators. TD's are capable of vaporizing humanoids, according to the Essential Guides.

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Nah, Boba Fett was hanging around Jabba and Mos Eisley the whole time he was on Tatooine. He was never near the stormtrooper squad.

17. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    I was always under the impression that the Stormtroopers shot them, and then burned the place down after they could not find anything useful. Alternatively, they could have trapped the Lars inside while they burned down the homestead. Any way you slice it, it is pretty gruesome.

18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Yes the place was set on fire.

So they were shot then somehow they got burned whereas many of the Jawas bodies were not.

Now the burning of bodies might be something that Tusken Raiders do and they were trying to make it look like a Tusken attack in both cases but Tuskens have guns not blasters so a cover-up of some kind was needed either way.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  19. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    The strange thing about the skeletons is that they are outside of the homestead and not inside, where the fire must have raged. And i doubt that the stormtroopers cared about doing a funeral for them...

Same thing with the Tusken, whose attack pattern they supposedly were about to simulate, as seen with the sandcrawler.

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    In the Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina book, Owen and Beru came outside the homestead to talk with the stormtroopers. When Owen became belligerent, the stormtrooper commander ordered their execution. Their nearby support vehicle then torched the home to cover it up.

21. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    In ROTS, when Obi-Wan shot at GG, all of his organic parts caught fire and burned up leaving his cyborg shell. Perhaps something similar happened with the Lars, they were shot so many times their bodies burned up.

22. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Could be possible. Ultimate Star Wars mentions that Owen and Beru were shot by an Stormtrooper Execution Squad.

23. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I thought they were confined by the stormtroopers to the burning hovel and caught on fire and then ran out while still ablaze and were then shot. It looks like they had come up the stairway.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I've always like the Boba Fett theory...

25. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    If they ran out of the fire, they would look burned. But would they burn down to the bone?